News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igbo

rowjimmy

Great episode but do I really have to wait until February?

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 30, 2011, 08:33:32 AM
Great episode but do I really have to wait until February?

For ser.

I like how the show is deviating from the books. It keeps it full of surprises.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

qop24

I'll admit that I enjoyed that one too!
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

phil

I liked everything about that episode except that shane was still breathing at the end of it.

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mistercharlie

Quote from: phil on November 30, 2011, 01:15:05 PM
I liked everything about that episode except that shane was still breathing at the end of it.

Damn straight. I just plain don't like Shane. We don't have this problem in the books.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 30, 2011, 01:35:34 PM

Damn straight. I just plain don't like Shane. We don't have this problem in the books.

Finally got my wife reading the comics and she was on the edge of her seat waiting for someone to off that dude when we watched last night.

Igbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 30, 2011, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 30, 2011, 01:35:34 PM

Finally got my wife reading the comics and she was on the edge of her seat waiting for someone to off that dude when we watched last night.

Funny because Randi is also addicted to the comics and has now read them all.

cactusfan

too bad darabont was forced out. sounds like his season 2 opener would have been by far the best thing this show has done.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/01/10/walking-dead-frank-darabont-sam-witwer-prequel/

Bobafett

so weak...that could have been great.  but at least the little girl is dead and we can move forward. :samurai:
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

ytowndan

Wow, that sucks.  That's one thing I've wanted from this show that we haven't really gotten; detailed flashbacks of the initial mayhem.  Other than the short hospital scene and the brief flashback to Shane and them watching the bombing in Atlanta from a distance, I don't think we've gotten any real back-story. . . let alone a whole episode devoted to it.  Anyhow, that sounds like it would have been one hell of an episode.  :|
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on January 11, 2012, 03:20:22 AM
that sounds like it would have been one hell of an episode.  :|

rowjimmy

Wow, that sucks.  That's one thing I've wanted from this show that we haven't really gotten; detailed flashbacks of the initial mayhem.  Other than the short hospital scene and the brief flashback to Shane and them watching the bombing in Atlanta from a distance, I don't think we've gotten any real back-story. . . let alone a whole episode devoted to it.  Anyhow, that sounds like it would have been one hell of an episode.  :|

The books don't dick around with a lot of flashback & backstory either.

I'm sure Frank is great and his idea for the season2 kickoff is strong but that cdc storyline blew so... dude's not perfect either.

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 12, 2012, 11:15:37 AM

The books don't dick around with a lot of flashback & backstory either.

I'm sure Frank is great and his idea for the season2 kickoff is strong but that cdc storyline blew so... dude's not perfect either.

no kidding. usually he's terrible. ever sit through The Mist? ouch.

it's just too bad that this, pretty much the best idea he ever had, didn't happen.