News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: khalpin on July 11, 2012, 12:50:32 PM
I was surprised to see that the DVR recorded a new Walking Dead episode this past Sunday.  I got all excited thinking that I missed the announcement for the Season Premiere.  Turns out they just re-aired the pilot in Black and White and called it a First Time Airing on the DVR.   :x

That actually sounds really cool, I hope they re-air it. The books are in B&W, you know.

I just checked and it's not set to re-air anytime soon. If it was listed as new and your DVR recorded it I wonder why mine didn't record it.

Looks like I may have to try to find it on eztv.it or on demonoid.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 11, 2012, 12:52:19 PM
Quote from: khalpin on July 11, 2012, 12:50:32 PM
I was surprised to see that the DVR recorded a new Walking Dead episode this past Sunday.  I got all excited thinking that I missed the announcement for the Season Premiere.  Turns out they just re-aired the pilot in Black and White and called it a First Time Airing on the DVR.   :x

That actually sounds really cool, I hope they re-air it. The books are in B&W, you know.

I just checked and it's not set to re-air anytime soon. If it was listed as new and your DVR recorded it I wonder why mine didn't record it.

Looks like I may have to try to find it on eztv.it or on demonoid.

Well, I haven't deleted it yet, so if you want to swing by we can crack a few beers and watch it.

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

phil

Quote from: ytowndan on July 14, 2012, 12:22:55 AM
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/season-3-comic-con-trailer-the-walking-dead

:-o

So.  Pumped.

That's awesome. Not sure I like Andrea getting kidnapped by the woodbury folks instead of *spoiler?*. Maybe*spoiler?*
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

blatboom

VA $l!m

Super BUmp  for 2nites PREMIERE!!!!!!
W00000000000000000000000000000000000t!!!

we made it!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

gainesvillegreen

Alright, ready to read what everyone thought.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

barnesy305

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on October 14, 2012, 10:03:53 PM

Not to spoil anything but it was pretty much what I was expecting it to be. I do have a bit of an issue/question about the amount of time that has supposed to have past since last season.

ytowndan

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 14, 2012, 10:12:20 PM

Not to spoil anything but it was pretty much what I was expecting it to be. I do have a bit of an issue/question about the amount of time that has supposed to have past since last season.

Pretty much what I expected as well.  I read all the books in between last season and this one, so this is the first time I'm watching it from that perspective.  And, so far, I'm really impressed with how they brought the prison to life. 

As far as the time jump goes, I couldn't say for sure, but it's been a while.  Lorie is huge and about to give birth and, when we saw them last, she wasn't really showing yet (as far as I can remember).  Also in that scene between Andrea and Michonne, one of them mentioned "all winter long".  I guess it's safe to say they jumped from late summer/early fall to some time in the spring?  That would be about right if you use Lorie's baby bump as a guide. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

barnesy305

Quote from: ytowndan on October 15, 2012, 12:13:40 AM

Pretty much what I expected as well.  I read all the books in between last season and this one, so this is the first time I'm watching it from that perspective.  And, so far, I'm really impressed with how they brought the prison to life. 

As far as the time jump goes, I couldn't say for sure, but it's been a while.  Lorie is huge and about to give birth and, when we saw them last, she wasn't really showing yet (as far as I can remember).  Also in that scene between Andrea and Michonne, one of them mentioned "all winter long".  I guess it's safe to say they jumped from late summer/early fall to some time in the spring?  That would be about right if you use Lorie's baby bump as a guide.

My issue is that when the prison was shown in the background at the end of the season, it looked to be a mile or two away from where they were camping. It took them 6-7 months to find it? Small thing to bitch about and not something to lose sleep over, I guess.

rowjimmy

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 15, 2012, 07:26:49 AM

My issue is that when the prison was shown in the background at the end of the season, it looked to be a mile or two away from where they were camping. It took them 6-7 months to find it? Small thing to bitch about and not something to lose sleep over, I guess.

I haven't seen last night's ep yet but, a mile or two to the North is a long way if you walk East.

/just sayin'

Can't wait to watch this tonight.

VA $l!m

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 15, 2012, 07:26:49 AM

the exec producer talked about that on the after show last night. he explained the closeness of the prison was correct at the end of last season, but b/c of the walker "herd movements" the group was funneled in different directions and wasnt given a clear view/path to the prison all winter.

anyway, season 3 gonna rawk. i think last night kicked major ass and was pretty much better than all of season 2 combined.
the character development from the actors standpoint seemed like they have really grown into the positions they are in now, and  there is no more sitting around a farm trying to be a soap opera... helps Dale's bitch ass is gone, lol.

really thought the overall production was tip top last night.

sooo many great questions after the EP too... daaaam i hope the old man gonna live after gettin his leg chopped off- doh!

though, i'm bettin he's a gonner. it seemed havin the kid scope out the bunk next to blondy in the prison cell was foreshadowing in a way.
Carl hittin puberty, lol. def lucked out that the blond cuttie doesnt have any other breeding options, lol. go carl!!!

phil

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 15, 2012, 11:38:43 AMdaaaam i hope the old man gonna live after gettin his leg chopped off- doh!

I love the way they incorporated that element of the comic into the show.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

fastfingers12

That's a hundred nineteen to you and me