News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on November 01, 2012, 01:23:27 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 31, 2012, 05:27:26 PM
Quote from: phil on October 31, 2012, 04:30:56 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 31, 2012, 02:41:23 PM
I really think it's too soon to tell.

Although... did you see that last scene?
Kinda calls your comment into question, imo.

That's what I meant when I said he's a sick bastard. I just think he's a pretty calculating guy, rather than the maniac from the comic.

they talked about all this with the producer or whatever on the after show.
forgot what exactly he said, mainly b/c i tune out everything mentioned about the comic. i'm really into the show and every time i hear something about the comic it just ruins things for me, lol.

If you're into reading comics, I'd highly recommend checking them out.  You can at least check out the beginning of the series, then stop reading once they find the prison (if you feel the books are too close to the show).  That was my plan at first, but I kept on reading because I saw how much they changed the story for seasons one and two.

Seriously.
The comics are amazing.

gainesvillegreen

Enjoying this season much more than season 2 at this stage. The direction of photography looks different to me this season than the two last, hard to put my finger on it (the last episode had a very 'In The Heat Of The Night' type look to it cinematographically). Anyone else notice this?

The Governor has potential, we get to see organizing principles of society which we haven't to date (just the chaos in the absence of it, and the inevitable addition of 'prisoners' to the Rick group won't bring order but more of the same). Reading between the lines in the posts above, I'm looking forward to his development and the meeting with the Rick group.

Andrea hasn't learned anything. Is she adding anything to this story for anyone?

Everyone is so up on Michonne in this thread I'm going to sheath my judgement for now, but what we have seen thus far - flat and acute - any bright student in a freshman English or Gender Studies or Film Studies class in college would be able to slice this character to pieces. And, please don't give me the how cool she is with a samurai sword bullshit. However, that she has appeared within the pages of Playboy is a point in her favor  :wink:

All that said, they did kill a child in the beginning-ish part of Season 2 which is quite the step. Nothing like that yet in Season 3, fwiw.

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

VA $l!m

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on November 01, 2012, 09:12:37 PM
Enjoying this season much more than season 2 at this stage. The direction of photography looks different to me this season than the two last, hard to put my finger on it (the last episode had a very 'In The Heat Of The Night' type look to it cinematographically). Anyone else notice this?

The Governor has potential, we get to see organizing principles of society which we haven't to date (just the chaos in the absence of it, and the inevitable addition of 'prisoners' to the Rick group won't bring order but more of the same). Reading between the lines in the posts above, I'm looking forward to his development and the meeting with the Rick group.

Andrea hasn't learned anything. Is she adding anything to this story for anyone?

Everyone is so up on Michonne in this thread I'm going to sheath my judgement for now, but what we have seen thus far - flat and acute - any bright student in a freshman English or Gender Studies or Film Studies class in college would be able to slice this character to pieces. And, please don't give me the how cool she is with a samurai sword bullshit. However, that she has appeared within the pages of Playboy is a point in her favor  :wink:

All that said, they did kill a child in the beginning-ish part of Season 2 which is quite the step. Nothing like that yet in Season 3, fwiw.

yeah, i cant put my finger on it either, but overall the production value seems to have been escalated.
as i mentioned before they still are doing a great job of keeping things 'dirty' so to speak, but i also have noticed some sort of improved cinematography... who knows, maybe you just put the idea in my head, lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

blatboom

the scowling got real out of hand last ep. give me half the amount of scowls and I still get it: she's suspicious and pissed off

VA $l!m

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING EPIC!  :-o :crazy: :samurai: :rawk:

TONIGHTS EP.= PURE GOLD

watching the playback, back to back, i cant get enuf!@!!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ytowndan

Absolutely fucking epic, indeed! 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Igbo

fastfingers12

That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Wow. That was some serious shit.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mistercharlie

Great episode!!!

They even made reference to the Rise of the Governor book by having the governor call himself Philip.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 06, 2012, 04:25:22 AM
Great episode!!!

They even made reference to the Rise of the Governor book by having the governor call himself Philip.

Motherfucker stole my name
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 06, 2012, 04:25:22 AM
Great episode!!!

Kinda simplifies it to call it a book reference. I mean it's all loosely canonical given that Kirkman wrote the story for that book.

Also worth noting, another Governor book is due out shortly.

gainesvillegreen

Enjoyed it.
Curious that they had Carl execute his mother off camera. I wouldn't think they'd pull gore/shock punches in this series? Unless something nefarious is underfoot....
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.