News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on November 07, 2012, 01:23:55 PM
Enjoyed it.
Curious that they had Carl execute his mother off camera. I wouldn't think they'd pull gore/shock punches in this series? Unless something nefarious is underfoot....

i just saw it as dramatic license.
allowing us to emotionally interpret the situation.
perfectly executed (no pun inteneded) IMHO.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

zimbra

Enjoyed it.
Curious that they had Carl execute his mother off camera. I wouldn't think they'd pull gore/shock punches in this series? Unless something nefarious is underfoot....

I thought this too.  Dexter, Breaking Bad, and now Walking Dead have a damn baby in it.  Babies are cool but not in my tv shows, always slowing people down.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

barnesy305

Quote from: zimbra on November 07, 2012, 02:50:38 PM
Enjoyed it.

I thought this too.  Dexter, Breaking Bad, and now Walking Dead have a damn baby in it.  Babies are cool but not in my tv shows, always slowing people down.

Don't worry, I don't think this baby will last very long.

VA $l!m

Quote from: barnesy305 on November 07, 2012, 04:49:03 PM
Enjoyed it.

i was sorta hoping it mutated into a human/zombie hybrid with great gas mileage or somethin.

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 07, 2012, 07:27:11 PM
Enjoyed it.

i was sorta hoping it mutated into a human/zombie hybrid with great gas mileage or somethin.

Part of me was hoping that we were going to see the 21st century version of the V alien birth.

Anyone know what I'm talking about here??

barnesy305

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 07, 2012, 08:58:33 PM
Enjoyed it.

Part of me was hoping that we were going to see the 21st century version of the V alien birth.

Yes, they kinda did it in the Dawn Of The Dead remake.

rowjimmy

Quote from: barnesy305 on November 07, 2012, 09:04:04 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 07, 2012, 08:58:33 PM
Enjoyed it.

Yes, they kinda did it in the Dawn Of The Dead remake.

That unnecessary flick had so much potential then blew it with running zombies and actually being made.

gainesvillegreen

Enjoyed it.

lol.

I thought of the V birth as well.
And then I thought of The Road.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

phil

They need to work on finding a way to mute that baby. Them shits are straight up zombie bait.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

Quote from: phil on November 08, 2012, 11:54:29 AM
They need to work on finding a way to mute that baby. Them shits are straight up zombie bait.

I think you answered your own question.

fastfingers12

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 08, 2012, 12:16:40 PM
Quote from: phil on November 08, 2012, 11:54:29 AM

I think you answered your own question.
If I were Rick I would punt that little bastard over the fence... I would say right along with Carl, but he has started to get his shit together.
That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

barnesy305

I mean, who's gonna nurse it? Axel?

VA $l!m

Quote from: barnesy305 on November 09, 2012, 06:26:18 PM
I mean, who's gonna nurse it? Axel?
"oooOwhoa, Sweet Child of Miyiiine!!!"

lololol.

zimbra

Last night's episode was kind of bland.  Rick will die soon if he keeps acting like that.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: zimbra on November 12, 2012, 01:55:14 PM
Last night's episode was kind of bland.  Rick will die soon if he keeps acting like that.

in some sense i agree.
in another light, after last weeks apocalyptic events this weeks EP could be seen as a breather and refresh setup for whats to come.

i think the most interesting thing, writing-wise, this season is obviously the dicotamy of the 2 storylines.
i think the producers are making a point of having 2 counter-balanced stories and paces balancing each other.
on the one hand we have the tension action  filled prison, the other the intrespective and emotion  laden Fairbury.

the real question, from a critical standpoint, is how well are these two elements being interwoven.
personally, i think they have done a very good job up to this point.
My only concern recently has stemmed from the differing approaches that have resulted from multiple 'Directors' of the episodes.
I would be interested in finding some sort of information concerning their format of constantly using different Directors for each episode.
I'm not sure how much of it is actually part of their vision or if it is just SOP.