News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

How Do I Trasnfer Programs From One User to Another?

Started by Lifeboy, October 25, 2010, 01:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

My computer crashed a few months ago, and I haven't been able to purchase a new one just yet, so I have been borrowing and using a buddys computer, and last night he made me my own user account, but all of my torrents, downloads, and programs (bittorrent, etc.) are on his user account. I was just wondering how I can transfer all of that to my user account. Thanks in advance d00derz.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

MeltMe

first, you'll have to run as an administrator.   log in with his credentials (if he is an admin) to avoid ownership issues.

the torrents and downloads you can just cut and paste to your account.  the apps you should just be able to create shortcuts to avoid re-installing everything. unless when they were installed, they were installed for all users, then they will already be available.

the user accounts should be here C:\Documents and Settings.  you'll see his acct and yours, as well as any other users.  go into his profee, cut what you want, paste into yours and make your shortcuts.

that should do it as simple as possible ;)
nothing i see can be taken from me...