News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Friday Beer Quote of the Day

Started by mistercharlie, November 20, 2010, 02:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyute

If Jerry were here I'd buy him a beer  -  Magic Hat #9 cap on Jerry's birthday
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

mistercharlie

"Put it back in the horse!" - H. Allen smith, after he drank his first Budweiser.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

"Gimme a pigfoot and a bottle of beer" - Janis Joplin
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

Lot of great quotes in here, thanks mrc!  :clap:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

"I work until beer o'clock" - Stephen King

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 25, 2011, 03:44:25 PM

The problem is, that's pretty much where my watch is always stopped at.  :|

mbw

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 26, 2011, 10:17:33 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 25, 2011, 03:44:25 PM

The problem is, that's pretty much where my watch is always stopped at.  :beerbang:

fyp.

Guyute

Music is grand with a beer in hand

----------------
Now playing: Grateful Dead - Dark Star-)
via FoxyTunes
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

mistercharlie

"They who drink beer will think beer." - Washington Irving

mistercharlie

"I would give all my fame for a pot of ale, and safety." - Shakespeare, King Henry V

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 15, 2011, 04:34:41 PM
"I would give all my fame for a pot of ale, and safety." - Shakespeare, King Henry V

Maslow's Shakespeare's hierarchy of needs

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on April 15, 2011, 06:37:57 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 15, 2011, 04:34:41 PM

Maslow's Shakespeare's hierarchy of needs

Ha! Maslow stole his idea from the immortal bard.

Although, that's like trading the fourth level for the first two levels.

mistercharlie

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." - Tom Waits

Although, I'm fairly certain this quote didn't originate with Tom Waits I've seen it attributed to him a few times. Plus every time I see it I think of that song that used to play on Dr. Demento.

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 22, 2011, 05:37:25 PM
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy." - Tom Waits

Although, I'm fairly certain this quote didn't originate with Tom Waits I've seen it attributed to him a few times. Plus every time I see it I think of that song that used to play on Dr. Demento.

This reminds me. I have a friend that works as an admissions counselor at a community college and she told me at least once a week she has someone ask to apply to the lobotomy program (obviously, meaning the phlebotomy program  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard)

mistercharlie

"A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure." - Czech Proverb