News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

getting nervous about tickets...

Started by AfterMidnight, November 29, 2010, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfterMidnight

hey i'm never done a nye run. i have no tickets and i'm starting to get nervous that i'll get shut out. i have a couple buddies that are telling me don't give in to stubhub and wait it out b/c msg huge and last year tickets were everywhere. however this is the northeast and not miami. i should expect to at least pay face for all these shows correct?

any suggestion? i'm looking just to get in. i'll most likely stubhub 31st and chance the rest of the run.

DCU shouldn't be a problem right??

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: MarkDavidson on November 29, 2010, 10:51:31 AM
i should expect to at least pay face for all these shows correct?
Try double.  This is not a Summer shed run, tickets are gonna be hard to come by.
Be prepared to take it in the ass from SH along with a lot of others.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

I say you'll be able to find a ticket for near face @ every show except NYE.
Bring in the dude!

mattstick

Non-Miami 12/30 shows are traditionally tough as well.

thatfargone

Gonna be tough...ticks have been going up since Halloween and nothing to trade for.  30 and 31st will be a bitch.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

UncleEbinezer

All of the sentiments here are accurate, but I will always reiterate my philosophy, that if you want it bad enough you will get it done.  It may mean a ton of work, trading, whoring yourself out, etc. but once you establish your value level the rest is just work.  I know it seems obvious, but its true.  I have made it to some very tough shows for face value by putting in the time.  I got into to all 3 Hamptons fors face, I got into all 3 AC's for face.

It takes work and a little bit of luck, but consider it your pre-show tax.  I'd rather be taxed pre-show and rewarded then an easy ticket and then have the post-show tax. 

Enough of my gibberish...good luck!
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

whatapiper

is Worcester even sold out yet?

i was trying many an avenue for 12/30 and 31 to no avail, week after week tickets climbed so i had to bite finally, now im just glad to have tickets for all three nights.

msg last year was an easy ticket except Friday nights show, but then again that was not NYE or teh phish's first MSG NYE run since 98.....
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

justjezmund

nyc tickets suck to find right now.  gunna have to start shelling out cash.  i would suggest to start working corners in manhatten before hand to get some extra cash.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

sophist

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 29, 2010, 11:59:47 AM
I say you'll be able to find a ticket for near face @ every show except NYE.
crack, you smoke it. 

I think the minimum to get in on the 30th and 1st for will be $100.  31st, 200-250. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

emay

vividseat'd it up the other day for 1/1s, they were the only tickets I needed. A friend needed all 3 msg and got them on stubhub yesterday, it was probably an arm and a leg  :samurai: Wish noone had to spend that much to experience the  :phish:

redrum

i do not have a ticket for nye yet.

yes, i am nervous.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: redrum on November 30, 2010, 01:11:32 PM
i do not have a ticket for nye yet.

yes, i am nervous.
Something tells me when the lights go down on NYE, you'll be inside.