News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: mbw on April 19, 2019, 11:49:29 AM
How come Sansa or anyone else for that matter has not told Jon Snow that his little sister is a psycho killer?

He's kinda figuring it out from when she snuck up on him.

Also, seems like Sansa is a little cagey around him since he gave the crown up for his aunt's army.

Hicks

How come Sansa or anyone else for that matter has not told Jon Snow that his little sister is a psycho killer?

What's up with the cultural relativism man? Arya's behavior is fairly normalized within the world of GOT. Even Ned had no qualms with beheading fools when they broke the night's watch pledge. Has Arya ever waxed anyone who didn't deserve it? Ok maybe the stable boy, but everyone else was either a scumbag or a soldier in the war. That doesn't really make her a psycho.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on April 19, 2019, 01:31:20 PM

What's up with the cultural relativism man? Arya's behavior is fairly normalized within the world of GOT. Even Ned had no qualms with beheading fools when they broke the night's watch pledge. Has Arya ever waxed anyone who didn't deserve it? Ok maybe the stable boy, but everyone else was either a scumbag or a soldier in the war. That doesn't really make her a psycho.

I think she enjoys it more than your standard soldier or what not.  Maybe only rivaled by Ramsey, but he was a psycho too.
I don't think anyone else goes around repetitively reciting kill lists to themselves.

khalpin

Quote from: mbw on April 19, 2019, 02:07:42 PM

I think she enjoys it more than your standard soldier or what not.  Maybe only rivaled by Ramsey, but he was a psycho too.
I don't think anyone else goes around repetitively reciting kill lists to themselves.
[raises hand]

ytowndan

Quote from: khalpin on April 19, 2019, 02:26:22 PM

[raises hand]

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

Do you even Game of Thrones bro?

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on April 19, 2019, 04:51:44 PM

Do you even Game of Thrones bro?

Yeah, I get it.  There are lots of killers.  Arya is a psycho killer, qu'est-ce que c'est.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

First the Red Woman, now Arya... Gendry you Bastard!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ytowndan

That giant's milk scene.  Fucking gold!   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on April 22, 2019, 03:33:59 PM

If this series doesn't end with Tormund bedding Brianne and shitting on the Iron Throne (that's not a typo) then I daresay it will have been a waste of time.

tet

hilarious
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

yeah, i watched the EP. twice last night and that scene was def the highlight on my 2nd viewing. I Lol'd.

Overall we almost got another 'setup' episode, which makes me excited for most lilkely non stop death and destruction over the next few.
Even moreso this ep felt like the final love letter to All the characters and relattionships from the series.
So many notes were hit reaching back to each characters big moments. sorta getting sad already feeling like that was basically the last time we get to see all of them just having conversations and stuff.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 22, 2019, 06:28:04 PM
yeah, i watched the EP. twice last night and that scene was def the highlight on my 2nd viewing. I Lol'd.

Overall we almost got another 'setup' episode, which makes me excited for most lilkely non stop death and destruction over the next few.
Even moreso this ep felt like the final love letter to All the characters and relattionships from the series.
So many notes were hit reaching back to each characters big moments. sorta getting sad already feeling like that was basically the last time we get to see all of them just having conversations and stuff.

That's exactly what this episode felt like. Perfect description.

And even though Arya is now a 22 year old woman, it still felt like seeing a 14 year old naked in that scene. Kinda creepy...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.