News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 22, 2019, 08:30:15 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on April 22, 2019, 06:28:04 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on April 22, 2019, 03:33:59 PM
That giant's milk scene.  Fucking gold!   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
yeah, i watched the EP. twice last night and that scene was def the highlight on my 2nd viewing. I Lol'd.

Overall we almost got another 'setup' episode, which makes me excited for most lilkely non stop death and destruction over the next few.
Even moreso this ep felt like the final love letter to All the characters and relattionships from the series.
So many notes were hit reaching back to each characters big moments. sorta getting sad already feeling like that was basically the last time we get to see all of them just having conversations and stuff.

That's exactly what this episode felt like. Perfect description.

And even though Arya is now a 22 year old woman, it still felt like seeing a 14 year old naked in that scene. Kinda creepy...

Definitely less creepy watching a second time after your wife was one of many who googled Arya's age around 10pm EDT.  :sbw:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Hicks

The scene with them sitting around the fire was basically like the last episode of Cheers.

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: pcr3 on April 23, 2019, 12:20:00 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 22, 2019, 08:30:15 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on April 22, 2019, 06:28:04 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on April 22, 2019, 03:33:59 PM
That giant's milk scene.  Fucking gold!   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
yeah, i watched the EP. twice last night and that scene was def the highlight on my 2nd viewing. I Lol'd.

Overall we almost got another 'setup' episode, which makes me excited for most lilkely non stop death and destruction over the next few.
Even moreso this ep felt like the final love letter to All the characters and relattionships from the series.
So many notes were hit reaching back to each characters big moments. sorta getting sad already feeling like that was basically the last time we get to see all of them just having conversations and stuff.

That's exactly what this episode felt like. Perfect description.

And even though Arya is now a 22 year old woman, it still felt like seeing a 14 year old naked in that scene. Kinda creepy...

Definitely less creepy watching a second time after your wife was one of many who googled Arya's age around 10pm EDT.  :sbw:

:wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Is Arya the first female protagonist in the show to lose her virginity by choice?  Maybe there are others I'm forgetting, but it feels like everyone on that show is forced into an arranged marriage and/or is raped.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on April 23, 2019, 09:25:46 AM
Is Arya the first female protagonist in the show to lose her virginity by choice?  Maybe there are others I'm forgetting, but it feels like everyone on that show is forced into an arranged marriage and/or is raped.

I believe you're right, Dan.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Here's a joke you'll all get a kick out of...

Why do Lanisters have such big beds?

[spoiler]They push two twins together to make a king.[/spoiler]

mbw

Looking forward to headless zombie Need Stark doing battle...

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on April 25, 2019, 11:56:15 PM
Looking forward to headless zombie Need Stark doing battle...

Yeah, it's the worst idea Jon has had in the entire series... essentially sending all of the un-armed and unable to fight into the Night Kings barracks inside of Winterfell. Jon was at Hardhome, he knows skeletons can fight for the Night's King.

mbw

Current Vegas odds for who will sit in the Iron Throne at the end.
https://www.oddsshark.com/entertainment/game-thrones-prop-odds-bet-who-will-be-ruling-westeros

Really don't understand how Little Finger is on there, much less with such good odds  :?

ytowndan

[spoiler]Deus Ex Arya to the rescue. [/spoiler]
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VA $l!m

FANTASTIC.  :clap:

i'm exhausted after that one.
Loved the corpses in the crypt getting rezzed. Also red lady walking off at the end.
Ps- Musical score should get an award. top notch emotion.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Bobafett

It was the most epic of any visual fantasy I have seen.   The sense of despair was overwhelming.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

anthrax

Speechless  :crazy: :crazy:

VA $l!m

F it, i'm watchin that again before i go to bed, lol.

Just wish HBOnow stream on my playstation was 1080p. i think its only 1080i or somethin. Will be buying the HD eps as soon as there up on the store tho. Gotta complete my collection since i have the entire series up to this season.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

emay

epic.
so what we got 2 more set up episodes and then 1 more battle for the throne ep?