News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 30, 2019, 08:17:20 PM
Quote from: khalpin on April 30, 2019, 06:36:04 PM
Ask and you shall receive...

That's insanely better! I want to watch the whole episode like that.

the craziest thing is that it took me a solid 2 minutes to realize that it was a split-screen, and the original was on top!  I still couldn't see a damn thing, even on a retina Mac!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 30, 2019, 08:45:45 AM
I loved it.
The greatest fighters in the land against mindless hordes. Their troop become fodder then they themselves mindless hordes.
Amazing.

Great finish.

Someone's gonna have a lot of sweeping up.

I love this.
I said the same thing at the end.... can you imagine what that place is going to smell like in a few days?   :shakehead: :shakehead:
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

Talked to a friend who has a wicked tv and he said it looked great.
Mine looked fine as well even though my TV isn’t quite as fancy.

The cinematographer thinks that you guys need to calibrate your TVs.
Also HBO share blame for their streaming but rates.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2019/4/30/18524679/game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell-too-dark-fabian-wagner-response-cinematographer

mbw

yeah, i didnt think it was too dark.
it was dark, but it was like, night time.

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

I honestly didn't have a problem with not being able to see everything. 

Sure, my tv isn't top of the line and I saw some pixelation, but I didn't expect not to given what I was working with. 

I thought it worked thematically; the unknown terror in the dark, the sense of claustrophobia.  Honestly I thought it was part of the artistic expression of the filmmakers. 

But considering all the word around on the darkness, I wouldn't be surprised if this episode becomes some sort of benchmark for people trying out higher end tvs since darkness is the hardest thing to render in budget units.  Kinda like audiophiles keep music on hand they might not even listen to regularly to test speakers.  Using physical media and the "best" equipment they can afford, that is. 

mbw

Nothing in that episode made sense.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

tet

I mean, I would think [spoiler]aerial reconnaissance would be the ideal job for someone in control of 2 of the only flying things in that universe, but hey... apparently also a massive crossbolt shot from a moving ship in choppy water can nail a target a couple hundred feet above.[/spoiler]

The only realistic thing in that whole episode was [spoiler]Arya shooting Gendry down.[/spoiler]
-Phish

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

Quote from: tet on May 06, 2019, 06:49:36 PM
I mean, I would think [spoiler]aerial reconnaissance would be the ideal job for someone in control of 2 of the only flying things in that universe, but hey... apparently also a massive crossbolt shot from a moving ship in choppy water can nail a target a couple hundred feet above.[/spoiler]

The only realistic thing in that whole episode was [spoiler]Arya shooting Gendry down.[/spoiler]

Also, [spoiler]hey let's just sail into Kings Landing and not be prepared for any type of attack.  Cersi will be glad to see us, right? [/spoiler]Oh shit, [spoiler]they are firing on us??[/spoiler]  WTF.  [spoiler]Oh and now that we washed on on the beach or something, and are like only 20 deep with guys with spears up against massive fire power, how about Cersi just doesn't kill us all?  [/spoiler]It was also a good idea to [spoiler]split up from Jon and his men so they show up like a couple days later or something[/spoiler].

Not to mention the friggin Starbucks cup on the table either, lol.

tet

Quote from: mbw on May 06, 2019, 07:36:07 PM

-Phish

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on May 06, 2019, 07:36:07 PM

Well, since the show has surpassed the books they are on their own now. They must've decided that there's a Starbucks in every castle! 3 in Kings Landing even...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

I feel like the level of disappointment that I've seen online for this episode reflects of poorly set expectations. I think that sets squarely on the shoulders of the producers. if you'r making a six-episode final series, people are, logically, going to expect a lot of bang for their buck.

[spoiler]That said, Dany's failure to serve as reconnaissance is because she's overconfident. Arrogant, even. On the other hand, her failure to circle around and light those sailboat fuckers up from the backside was borne out of grief. She's a shitty warrior. She nearly blew the plan in the battle of Winterfell by jumping the gun and she blew it here.[/spoiler]