News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Wasn't sure if I should jump right into book three (or four) since I'm current on tv show but ended up picking this up earlier today
If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

Always start at the beginning.

blatboom

absolutely, especially since the show glosses over so much of what's going on in the books. not to mention aGoT is one of the best

I rank em:

A Storm of Swords
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Dance with Dragons
A Feast for Crows

rowjimmy

I take it back.
Totally read them in this order.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Quote from: blatboom on May 15, 2013, 07:36:24 AM
absolutely, especially since the show glosses over so much of what's going on in the books. not to mention aGoT is one of the best

I rank em:

A Storm of Swords
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Dance with Dragons
A Feast for Crows

blatboom

was hoping others would feel compelled to post a list as well  :|  this thread is too ate up with the show alas

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on May 15, 2013, 05:48:32 PM
was hoping others would feel compelled to post a list as well  :|  this thread is too ate up with the show alas

I couldn't rank them.
I enjoyed each more than the last as the world became more and more complete.

blatboom

interesting take. my biggest issues with the last two are too many plot lines that go nowhere (as of yet) and chapters devoted to characters that bore me. the first 3 are like a roller coaster tho

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on May 16, 2013, 10:21:40 AM
interesting take. my biggest issues with the last two are too many plot lines that go nowhere (as of yet) and chapters devoted to characters that bore me. the first 3 are like a roller coaster tho

He should have had the balls to release the last two as one, really big, book.

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 16, 2013, 10:22:27 AM
Quote from: blatboom on May 16, 2013, 10:21:40 AM

He should have had the balls to release the last two as one, really big, book.

easier said by those who just got into the books. for we who started years ago, the wait was interminable.

but yeah. at this point, it seems silly to rank book 4 and book 5 as seperate entities. they constitute one book, split in half. when the next one finally comes out 73 years from now, i'm going to re-read 4 and 5 interleaved, and i'm guessing it'll be much more enjoyable than having read them separately.

GBL

blatboom

awful quiet in here this a.m.

emay

shit was crayyy!!! :crazy:

rowjimmy

GBL

I knew it was coming but still, absolutely epic final minutes of ep 9

blatboom

**** obviously don't watch if you haven't watched the ep duh ****