News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

That was some epicness. The wife knew what was coming and still came away crying.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: blatboom on June 03, 2013, 06:48:15 PM
**** obviously don't watch if you haven't watched the ep duh ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE&feature=player_embedded

So this is a chick show or something?

mbw

VDB

Now I can see why my wife (who'd read the book) was extra pissed that our cable was out last night and we had to wait a day.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Just caught up by watching the last 3 episodes.  Killer! I haven't read any of the books so I had no idea what was coming. 
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gainesvillegreen

This season needed it. Has been moving at a glacial pace.
Nice touch having Arya so close and yet so far.
I also applaud them for doing this with the storyline just prior to the finale, as they did with Ned's beheading.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

blatboom

gave up after Season 1 but had to see the Red Wed episode.. and I still don't get how people dig this show, readers and non-readers alike. show is garbage imo but more power to everyone, I just hope the books get finished

VDB

Quote from: blatboom on June 04, 2013, 10:52:25 PM
gave up after Season 1 but had to see the Red Wed episode.. and I still don't get how people dig this show, readers and non-readers alike. show is garbage imo but more power to everyone, I just hope the books get finished

Good acting, good dialog, beautiful locations, great sets, complex dramatic storylines (maybe too complex at times, I'll admit), tension, violence, good vfx, nakedness...

Seems there's plenty to like there.

And I came into this show having not read any of the books (still haven't) and being no more into the fantasy genre than just the average Joe Entertainment Consumer.
Is this still Wombat?

GBL

I don't understand how you can like the books so much but think the show is garbage..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

SPOILER ALERT

i thought katherine stark didnt die in the books? she got a nice slice across the throat in the show, dunno how she is gonna just be alive from that.

blatboom

Quote from: GBL on June 05, 2013, 06:08:17 PM

I don't understand how you can like the books so much but think the show is garbage..

eh I had a long winded response typed out but I'm not trying to derail the thread with my hate, and I've long ago made peace with my feelings about the show.

my main beef is it just doesn't match my vision of how the characters should look and act. I couldn't believe the guy they cast as Daario Naharis and that's just one small example from watching last night but I feel that way about almost all of them

GBL

Quote from: blatboom on June 05, 2013, 07:29:38 PM

eh I had a long winded response typed out but I'm not trying to derail the thread with my hate, and I've long ago made peace with my feelings about the show.

my main beef is it just doesn't match my vision of how the characters should look and act. I couldn't believe the guy they cast as Daario Naharis and that's just one small example from watching last night but I feel that way about almost all of them

I wish you would have posted the long version!

Im suprised that's your main beef because that's actually why I love the show.  I think for the most part they have done a phenomenal job with casting. 

I am almost done with the 1st book, so maybe going forward my views will change

If this is love, I'm never going home..

VDB

Quote from: blatboom on June 05, 2013, 07:29:38 PM

This explains why you, as a reader of the books, don't like the show, but I'm curious still why you don't see why non-readers like it.
Is this still Wombat?

blatboom

I don't find the acting or writing to be all that compelling myself regardless of trying to adapt from the source material  :|  ok enough from me you guys enjoy

McGrupp

pat how do u feel about phish 3.0
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?