News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

How I miss that game.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Check out this fan-made 8-bit platformer based on Game Of Thrones, the chip tunes theme song is worth the watch alone.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-11-fan-releases-8-bit-game-of-thrones-platformer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEkENVLmuO0
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

antelope19

Finally starting this whole series and I gotta say, I don't see what the hype is about.  Although, I'm now 3 episodes into the first season and things are finally starting to pick up.  We'll see how it goes.  I really want to like this show. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

STFU Neely until you finish season one.

Or maybe try reading a book?

VDB

I would think the first three episodes worth of Emilia Clarke alone would be enough to hook a person.
Is this still Wombat?

blatboom

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

Quote from: GBL on February 11, 2014, 10:36:39 AM
Quote from: blatboom on February 11, 2014, 09:40:49 AM
read the fucking book

but the shows do take some time to get going. There are a lot of characters and things to get caught up on and understand before the story takes off.

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 11, 2014, 09:02:11 AM

meh. 

Nothing I've seen so far would entice me to pick up the books.  Seems like alot of gratuitous sex scenes with unattractive women. 

ETA: But like I said, things are picking up.  I guess since there are only what, 10 episodes in the season, I expected the pace to be fast and furious.  Instead, there has been alot of plot development. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on February 11, 2014, 10:55:26 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 11, 2014, 09:02:11 AM

meh. 

Nothing I've seen so far would entice me to pick up the books.  Seems like alot of gratuitous sex scenes with unattractive women.

Perhaps you should consider taking the advice of a number of your friends?

antelope19

what?  Read the book?  we'll see. 

rowjimmy

Bobafett

If you make it to episode 7-8 and still don't like it, keep watching.  I think season 3 was the best so far.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

GBL

Not sure about spoilers, but was fun to watch imo

If this is love, I'm never going home..

ytowndan

I watched that the other night before True Detective.  It got me pretty pumped for the new season.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.