News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: ytowndan on May 20, 2015, 01:51:45 AM
Not much chat in here. 

I thought last week's episode was the best of the season so far.  Loved Tyrion and Jorah's sequence in Valeria. 

As for this week...that final scene had my fists balled up in anger.  I was really, really hoping Theon would save the day by snapping Ramsay's neck.  Also, was it just me, or was the fight scene with the Sand Snakes the most cheesy, choreographed looking fight they've ever done?  It's a very small thing to complain about, but I'm more or less curious if I was the only one thinking that.

Im hoping theons revenge will be the opening sequence next week.
I mean, its gotta happen eventually, right??

The martels are very fancy choreographed fighters.

gah

Quote from: mbw on May 20, 2015, 02:04:44 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on May 20, 2015, 01:51:45 AM
Not much chat in here. 

I thought last week's episode was the best of the season so far.  Loved Tyrion and Jorah's sequence in Valeria. 

As for this week...that final scene had my fists balled up in anger.  I was really, really hoping Theon would save the day by snapping Ramsay's neck.  Also, was it just me, or was the fight scene with the Sand Snakes the most cheesy, choreographed looking fight they've ever done?  It's a very small thing to complain about, but I'm more or less curious if I was the only one thinking that.

Im hoping theons revenge will be the opening sequence next week.
I mean, its gotta happen eventually, right??

The martels are very fancy choreographed fighters.

That fight and entire scene really were a complete waste of 3-4 minutes.

Theon needs to destroy Ramsay. I too was getting all worked up hoping he'd do something, but then realized that's what the writers do, make you feel something. It wouldn't have worked the same if he had.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

khalpin

There are so many storylines going on at this point.  They still haven't addressed Bran Stark yet and the season is more than halfway over.  Time to start killing off some characters.

gah

Quote from: khalpin on May 20, 2015, 11:17:54 AM
There are so many storylines going on at this point.  They still haven't addressed Bran Stark yet and the season is more than halfway over.  Time to start killing off some characters.

Read in an article his storyline isn't even going to be touched this season. It's on the shelf for right now.

rowjimmy

Worst episode of the series.

Quote from: gah on May 20, 2015, 11:21:21 AM
Quote from: khalpin on May 20, 2015, 11:17:54 AM

Read in an article his storyline isn't even going to be touched this season. It's on the shelf for right now.

They'll be back next season.

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 20, 2015, 11:44:08 AM

I'd even further that to say this season is the worst of the series. But that's just my opinion, and could be a reflection of how I watched it. Binged the first four over the course of 6 or 7 weeks, then been watching this season as the episodes roll in.

barnesy305

How Theon hadn't killed himself already is beyond me. As soon as someone cuts my dick off, I'm heading for the highest tower to jump off of.

mistercharlie

Quote from: gah on May 20, 2015, 11:49:27 AM

I'd even further that to say this season is the worst of the series.

These things, I agree with. even though they are the same things.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 21, 2015, 05:34:20 AM
Quote from: gah on May 20, 2015, 11:49:27 AM

I'd even further that to say this season is the worst of the series.

These things, I agree with. even though they are the same things.

Agreed. This season seems a lot slower than the past and it's kinda hard to tell where some of the story lines are going and some just seem to be stagnant.

ytowndan

Finally!  An episode that I want to watch again! 

I binged the first two seasons in time for the season 3 premier and I've been watching week-by-week ever since.  And out of seasons three and four, I can only think of a small handful of episodes that I didn't really feel the need to watch again throughout the week.  However, with this season, that has been every episode until now.

It finally felt like they moved the plot forward, particularly with Tyrion and Arya's arcs.  It felt like Tyrion would be slowly dragged around the world by various captors for as long as Arya would be scrubbing floors.  But I guess that is what happened.  They both got to actually do something in the same episode.  I hope they get to do even more stuff and things.

And, of course, the Hardhome battle.  Holy shit was that was an amazing sequence.  The wights are really going to be a problem without Dany's dragons.  And the White Walkers are gonna be trouble unless they can somehow spread the word and acquire ever Valyrian steel blade in the world (not to mention a shit load of dragon glass points). 

The Night's King ain't fuckin' around. 

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

Great Fuckin'  Episode!!!

During the Hardhome battle it almost felt like I was watching a Walking Dead/GoT amalgamation. Game of The Dead? Walking Thrones? Anyway, it was awesome.

Tyrion and Dany are the shit together. Their future excites me.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Shit done got fucked up.

anthrax

wife and i sat silent with our jaws open during the entirety of that battle scene.  great episode.

ytowndan

I can't believe I'm about to say this ... I'm actually rooting for Ramsay Bolton now.  Seriously.  Fuck Stannis.

The fighting pit scene was amazing.  That ending gave me nerd chills.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

As my coworker notes, "it would have been really expensive to try and marry her off what with that face and all so this way they get something out of the deal."

Stannis is not a nice guy. We've known this all along.

Fighting pit sequence was awesome. I've been waiting for that all year.