News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Dudes! Are we all up to date?

Have you guys seen the theories about Arya?
[spoiler]THe notion that she is also the 'Waif' and therefore was regularly sparring with herself while blind... and maybe she was not just blind but also batshit fucking crazy like Tyler Durden. It seems ridiculous until you look at all the evidence...
Then again, maybe it's bullshit (entertaining bullshit) and she just deliberately drew attention to herself when she bought passage on that ship?[/spoiler]

Looking forward to next week.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 10, 2016, 10:06:34 AM

[spoiler]THe notion that she is also the 'Waif' and therefore was regularly sparring with herself while blind... and maybe she was not just blind but also batshit fucking crazy like Tyler Durden. It seems ridiculous until you look at all the evidence...
Then again, maybe it's bullshit (entertaining bullshit) and she just deliberately drew attention to herself when she bought passage on that ship?[/spoiler]

I had read that. I like the idea, but I'm not sure about it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 10, 2016, 03:41:48 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 10, 2016, 10:06:34 AM

I had read that. I like the idea, but I'm not sure about it.

Agreed.

Also, is Cleganbowl happening?

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

Quote from: tet on June 11, 2016, 08:06:03 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 11, 2016, 12:05:03 PM

CON-FUCKING-FIRMED

The Hound as the Champion for the Faith and The Mountain as Cersei's Champion, It's f'n happening!  :samurai:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

I could almost hear the music while watching tonight's episode....

VDB

Ha, I had the exact same thoughts.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: VDB on June 12, 2016, 11:29:16 PM
Ha, I had the exact same thoughts.

Likewise.

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 11, 2016, 08:21:55 PM
Quote from: tet on June 11, 2016, 08:06:03 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 11, 2016, 12:05:03 PM

CON-FUCKING-FIRMED

The Hound as the Champion for the Faith and The Mountain as Cersei's Champion, It's f'n happening!  :samurai:

Sort of a wrinkle in that this week, huh?

mbw

So are we finally done with the faceless men bs?
Worst storyline ever.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mbw on June 13, 2016, 11:58:19 AM
Worst storyline ever.

Why do you even watch this show?
I'm sure you could just google "tits" and "dragons" and save a lot of time.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 13, 2016, 02:29:34 PM
Quote from: mbw on June 13, 2016, 11:58:19 AM
Worst storyline ever.

Why do you even watch this show?
I'm sure you could just google "tits" and "dragons" and save a lot of time.

who says I don't?
anyway, i'm certainly not the only viewer bored with/thinks that story line was filler.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/game-of-thrones-season-6-free-arya-stark-of-her-boring-storyline-a7051571.html

so, we can't criticize shows we like anymore?

VDB

I liked it a lot more when it seemed like she was going to go all the way to full-blown, badass assassindom and go on a rampage throughout the Seven Kingdoms. But I guess they didn't just want to turn her into an unrepentant, unredeemable murderess.

And, I have been feeling bad for Tyrion as he's had nothing to do of late but perform standard political/administrative walk-and-talks and be stuck hanging out with dull people while they all wonder where in the world Google Search McGee is.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Doubt I was the only one who was on board with the become a kickass assassin but retain her identity so she could go home and kill some bitches plot line.
Sometimes, in order to tell a story, you have to tell the story.

khalpin

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 13, 2016, 04:51:40 PM
Doubt I was the only one who was on board with the become a kickass assassin but retain her identity so she could go home and kill some bitches plot line.
....even if it's boring.

mbw

Quote from: khalpin on June 13, 2016, 07:08:08 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 13, 2016, 04:51:40 PM
....even if it's boring.

That is why the Many Faced God created the montage.