News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

VDB

One of the best battle sequences put to film.

Fantastic directing in that episode.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: VDB on June 20, 2016, 02:21:35 PM

I still liked the Battle of Blackwater and Hardhome better.

Same guy who directed the Hardhome episode from last season. He's going to be the director for next week's episode also.

And next week is going to be insane. Cersi is going to burn King's Landing to the ground, Tyrion practically said so this episode.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 20, 2016, 08:21:31 PM

Same guy who directed the Hardhome episode from last season. He's going to be the director for next week's episode also.

And next week is going to be insane. Cersi is going to burn King's Landing to the ground, Tyrion practically said so this episode.

I was thinking that [spoiler]Dany's vision at the House of the Undying might tie into that theory.  She, iirc, was arriving at a destroyed and abandoned Red Keep.  There was a hole in the ceiling, I think, and it was snowing down on the Iron Throne.  Perhaps that wasn't some wild hallucination, but rather her future.  Maybe we'll see her arrive at a burned down King's Landing (with winter finally there), and she'll move north since there's nothing left there.  That would bring the story to the appropriate spot, geographically speaking, for the dragons vs white walkers showdown.  [/spoiler]

Or not.  It's a fun thought, nonetheless.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

I had forgotten about that, Dan! I totally agree.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on June 20, 2016, 10:42:44 PM

I was thinking that [spoiler]Dany's vision at the House of the Undying might tie into that theory.  She, iirc, was arriving at a destroyed and abandoned Red Keep.  There was a hole in the ceiling, I think, and it was snowing down on the Iron Throne.  Perhaps that wasn't some wild hallucination, but rather her future.  Maybe we'll see her arrive at a burned down King's Landing (with winter finally there), and she'll move north since there's nothing left there.  That would bring the story to the appropriate spot, geographically speaking, for the dragons vs white walkers showdown.  [/spoiler]

I think that [spoiler]Cersi is not going to torch the Red Keep at least until Dany crosses the sea.[/spoiler]

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 21, 2016, 08:23:49 AM

I think that [spoiler]Cersi is not going to torch the Red Keep at least until Dany crosses the sea.[/spoiler]

I don't know, I think that will be an interesting ending for the season - maybe even a bit of a cliffhanger, not knowing who survives in the aftermath!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: tet on June 23, 2016, 10:28:17 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 21, 2016, 08:23:49 AM

I don't know, I think that will be an interesting ending for the season - maybe even a bit of a cliffhanger, not knowing who survives in the aftermath!

I don't disagree with that, but I don't think it'll happen.

I'll likely enjoy it either way, though.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

ytowndan

That was awesome.  It's going to be a long wait for next season.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

GBL

Wow

That episode tied almost everything together
If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

Crazy good episode.
I'm not too proud to admit I was wrong about the above theory. Half wrong at least.
[spoiler]The Red Keep still stands and outside of the blast zone, Kings Landing is still intact... For now. But although I didn't think she'd do it, yet, Cersi does not fail to disappoint.[/spoiler]

barnesy305

Well, that was very satisfying.

mistercharlie

Pretty awesome wrap-up. Allegiances were forged, Targaryen-ism has been proven and there's a new King in the North.
[spoiler]I'm wondering if Arya is going to be the vengeful Stark hand of death that Lady Stoneheart is in the books.[/spoiler]

tet

Just too much good stuff in that finale to sum up my feelings, other than saying that was incredibly satisfying, and I can't wait to see what the next 2 (FINAL!) seasons bring! 

The new alliances are intriguing, as are the potential issues up North, where I think [spoiler]DAKINGINDANORF Jon Targarysnow[/spoiler] will march NORTH, not South, like his [spoiler]brother cousin[/spoiler] made the mistake of doing, and hopefully avoid the issues that come with facing other living armies.  I'm also not sure what [spoiler]Jaime[/spoiler] is going to do now, other than perhaps [spoiler]murder Cersei[/spoiler], and then head North with[spoiler] Bronn to join up with Brienne/Podd in Winterfell[/spoiler].  Eventually, I think [spoiler]Tyrion will meet up with DAKINGINDANORF and broker an alliance between those cousins, who may also end up marrying eachother[/spoiler].  The only person who still worries me is [spoiler]Littlefinger[/spoiler], as he's just a fucking prick.  Oh, and with [spoiler]Mellisandre[/spoiler] riding south, she's going to meet up with [spoiler]Arya[/spoiler] sooner or later, and that may or may not go well. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish