News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New turntable/speakers

Started by aphineday, January 01, 2011, 01:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Hicks, you're next, buddy!!! Need a new center channel and towers for this room!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 09, 2011, 04:10:15 PM
Hicks, you're next, buddy!!! Need a new center channel and towers for this room!!

Let's do this!    :rawk:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

twatts

----------------------

I want super-human will

Caravan2001

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 09, 2011, 04:10:15 PM

I can't tell you how stoked I am on the speaks I got from Hicks.....the towers are just insane.  I listened to the 24 bit FOB of the Gorge Rock and Roll last night and I might as well have been at The Gorge.....so sick PG, you won't be sorry.

aphineday

Sweet thread bump time.
I bought this Numark direct drive used back when I started this thread.
It's been a good starter table, but its time to upgrade.
I also bought a cheap Audio Technica preamp, and am including it with the table I'm selling to a buddy.

Here's what I'm planning on going with, just wanted to get some input from all of you that know yo' shit!

Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 Genie
Love the white color!

And for the preamp, the Cambridge Audio 551
I talked to my local guy about the Bellari, and he is under the firm impression that it's "a pile of shit".
I know a couple of you love yours, so I'm interested to know your feelings on this Cambridge preamp.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mbw

looks pretty.  hope you dont mind dust.

Caravan2001

Quote from: aphineday on January 14, 2013, 09:03:40 PM
Sweet thread bump time.
I bought this Numark direct drive used back when I started this thread.
It's been a good starter table, but its time to upgrade.
I also bought a cheap Audio Technica preamp, and am including it with the table I'm selling to a buddy.

Here's what I'm planning on going with, just wanted to get some input from all of you that know yo' shit!

Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 Genie
Love the white color!

And for the preamp, the Cambridge Audio 551
I talked to my local guy about the Bellari, and he is under the firm impression that it's "a pile of shit".
I know a couple of you love yours, so I'm interested to know your feelings on this Cambridge preamp.

That TT looks great and the reviews on Needle Doctor are pretty solid.  One thing about those belt driven tt's is, do you have to change that belt to switch the RPM's?  How easy is that?  I switch between 33 and 45 a lot.  Also, is that a wear item?  I think Aug has a Pro-ject, maybe he can chime in.  Also, at that price point you could get a mint vintage table (Dual) so that might be worth looking into as well, but you'd need to be sure you were not getting stuck with someone else's problem, which is why new is good.  As far as the pre-amp, I love my Jolida JD-9 to death!

Gundo

I left the trigger unpulled on the audio-technica 120 from a few weeks ago, and I'm glad I started reading this thread. Oh the lessons you learn along the way! Right now I have the Sony shitbox that Igbo raves about on the first page, and i'm chomping at the bit to upgrade. I'm also trying to be patient for the right price/quality to come around. That being said, what's your opinion on this table?
JVC QL-F4
http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/4051988479.html

I haven't found very many reviews on empire cartridges either.

whatapiper

About to jump on some sweet looking ADS L780 II speakers which look in near perfect condition.  Everything I've read on these is A+ just curious if any paugers out there have used or been exposed to these before.  They retailed in the late 80's for around $800 and the local shop I've been browsing is doing 30% off used speakers.  They have them listed pre sale for $475 so I'd be looking at dropping around $330 on these.  They sounded absolutely amazing to my ears, any comments/advice? 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

kellerb

Quote from: whatapiper on May 17, 2014, 09:02:11 PM
About to jump on some sweet looking ADS L780 II speakers which look in near perfect condition.  Everything I've read on these is A+ just curious if any paugers out there have used or been exposed to these before.  They retailed in the late 80's for around $800 and the local shop I've been browsing is doing 30% off used speakers.  They have them listed pre sale for $475 so I'd be looking at dropping around $330 on these.  They sounded absolutely amazing to my ears, any comments/advice?

Do they shoot lazers?  Ask Hicks.

twatts

Quote from: whatapiper on May 17, 2014, 09:02:11 PM

ADS speakers are great vintage German speakers...  Built to last a lifetime...  $330 might be a bit high, but if they come with the stands, I'd say they are worth it...

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will