News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things COMIC BOOKS

Started by mistercharlie, February 03, 2011, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 13, 2011, 12:23:57 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on September 13, 2011, 12:04:01 PM
anyone been watching the Wolverine and Iron Man Anime on G4 the last month?
its aaiight. not bad, better than any other Marvel cartoon series i can recall.
I prefer the wolverine one, and its pretty true to the old Japan storylines from his books as far as i can remember.

I tried watching the Wolverine one and thought it did a pretty good job of sticking with the Japan storylines also, however I'm just not a fan of that 'anime' style of cartoon. Give me the old Batman The Animated Adventures any day.

yes, its Very 'anime'.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

shoreline99

you might even say it's 'anime' ted
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

VA $l!m

in addition to the wolverine and iron man anime series on G4,  a new XMEN series will start this Friday. what i've seen of the art is looking better to me than the first two. definitely will be checking it out.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 17, 2011, 06:49:43 PM
in addition to the wolverine and iron man anime series on G4,  a new XMEN series will start this Friday. what i've seen of the art is looking better to me than the first two. definitely will be checking it out.

Is it anime like the others?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 17, 2011, 07:29:34 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 17, 2011, 06:49:43 PM

Is it anime like the others?
yup, but honestly there havent been any real good marvel cartoons ever, so what you got to lose? the only american marvel series you'll get will be geared to 10 year olds and look like crap.

qop24

Ordered a random group of Batman back issues online - trying to fill in some gaps. There's just something so awesome about opening a big package of comics that come in the mail
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

VA $l!m

btw, if your seriously a comic book collector, now is the time to buy. its a buyers market just like all collectibles these days.
i went online to see how much my best books were worth and was blown away. i have a 4 part graphic novel series that was critically acclaimed i bought back around '90 that i paid probably $100 for, 4 times the cover price. they are now selling for $3.25 a copy. :roll:

qop24

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 18, 2011, 09:44:01 AM
btw, if your seriously a comic book collector, now is the time to buy. its a buyers market just like all collectibles these days.
i went online to see how much my best books were worth and was blown away. i have a 4 part graphic novel series that was critically acclaimed i bought back around '90 that i paid probably $100 for, 4 times the cover price. they are now selling for $3.25 a copy. :roll:

Yeah I'm workin on filling my Batman gaps from around issue 300-current and saw that prices are still fairly low for those (I did see some 300-400 range issues that were good deals though). Getting anything pre-200 is still way up there, but early Batman issues are always going to have a steep price

VA $l!m

Quote from: qop24 on October 18, 2011, 09:58:08 AM

Yeah I'm workin on filling my Batman gaps from around issue 300-current and saw that prices are still fairly low for those (I did see some 300-400 range issues that were good deals though). Getting anything pre-200 is still way up there, but early Batman issues are always going to have a steep price

yeah, i sold most of my really old stuff ages ago. it was hard to resist the $ when i started puffing and stuff.
though, i really wish i still had all my original Xmen. i will always regard Chris Claremont's stuff as the best writing in comics. hopefully someday i can DL digital copies at least.

qop24

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 18, 2011, 10:08:53 AM
Quote from: qop24 on October 18, 2011, 09:58:08 AM

yeah, i sold most of my really old stuff ages ago. it was hard to resist the $ when i started puffing and stuff.
though, i really wish i still had all my original Xmen. i will always regard Chris Claremont's stuff as the best writing in comics. hopefully someday i can DL digital copies at least.

I'd considered selling my old stuff a few times, but I always forced myself to keep them and really try to eventually have as complete a set as possible.

VA $l!m

VA $l!m

i enjoyed the new XMEN series premiere last night on G4. the art style is the best of the 3 by far. wolverine actually looks like wolverine compared to the solo series, and the chicks all have big hoohahs like typical marvel.
i think the only thing that i'm not digging about these series being "anime" is that all the plots are about events that take them to Japan.
its alright, but just seems a bit narrow minded. anyway, still the coolest xmen cartoon ive ever seen, thats enough for me.

ALSO, if you hadnt heard there is a AKIRA live action movie in the works. not sure how i feel about this since it is the prototypical anime flick that really sets the standard. changing it into live action just seems like it will water it down.

barnesy305

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 22, 2011, 10:01:09 AM
i enjoyed the new XMEN series premiere last night on G4. the art style is the best of the 3 by far. wolverine actually looks like wolverine compared to the solo series, and the chicks all have big hoohahs like typical marvel.
i think the only thing that i'm not digging about these series being "anime" is that all the plots are about events that take them to Japan.
its alright, but just seems a bit narrow minded. anyway, still the coolest xmen cartoon ive ever seen, thats enough for me.

ALSO, if you hadnt heard there is a AKIRA live action movie in the works. not sure how i feel about this since it is the prototypical anime flick that really sets the standard. changing it into live action just seems like it will water it down.

I'll have to check out the X-Men show, I like the others on G4. An AKIRA live action film can go downhill quick they better do it right.

VA $l!m

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 22, 2011, 10:49:48 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 22, 2011, 10:01:09 AM

I'll have to check out the X-Men show, I like the others on G4. An AKIRA live action film can go downhill quick they better do it right.

its the best one yet "art wise", imo.
new eps. -friday nights 11pm est.