News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things COMIC BOOKS

Started by mistercharlie, February 03, 2011, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: Lifeboy on April 08, 2012, 01:58:03 AM
Batman & Robin was on television tonight.

Such an awful movie.   :shakehead:

Worst. Batman. EVAR.

Somehow, I've never seen it.
I'm cool with that.

Lifeboy

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 08, 2012, 08:13:22 AM

Worst. Batman. EVAR.

I'm cool with that.

I've never sat down and watched it start to finish.

Even as a youngster, I thought it was a lame movie. Ahnolds cheesey one-liners are enough to make one throw up their hands and shout "done!" and turn it off.

I was also never a fan of the Batgirl character in general, not just in this movie.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mistercharlie

Quote from: Lifeboy on April 08, 2012, 10:22:16 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 08, 2012, 08:13:22 AM

Worst. Batman. EVAR.

I'm cool with that.

I've never sat down and watched it start to finish.

Even as a youngster, I thought it was a lame movie. Ahnolds cheesey one-liners are enough to make one throw up their hands and shout "done!" and turn it off.

I was also never a fan of the Batgirl character in general, not just in this movie.

In that movie they put nipples on the batsuit but not on the batgirl suit.  :|
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Lifeboy

Picked these up today while out vinyl shopping.

Score.

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mistercharlie

The Long Halloween is one of my favorite Batman books. Pure brilliance.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

natronzero

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 30, 2012, 08:11:26 PM

Yup.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Lifeboy

Quote from: natronzero on April 30, 2012, 08:13:09 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 30, 2012, 08:11:26 PM

Yup.

That's what the dude that was working near the comic book section said. I take my little brother in there all the time to buy the dollar comics, and he's always giving us advice on what to read. The dude knows his comics, that's for sure.

Batman is by FAR my favorite superhero, and I'm not sure how 'into' The Avengers I am. It was more of a gift to my little brother. He's crazy about The Avengers right meow, and has been buying the 99 cent comic books left and right, so I figured he would freak over this, so I bought it. He's only 12, so all he can afford are the dollar comics. He's gonna be so psyched when he comes home tomorrow and sees what I bought him.

Lifeboy

Picked these up today. They are all graphic novels, except the Incredible Hulks, which is your standard comic book.

I didn't notice the Joker's Asylum Comic was part 2. I'm going to have to go back and snag part 1 tomorrow...

Batman - The Man Who Laughs   |   Batman - Joker's Asylum, pt. 2

Avengers - Above and Beyond   |   Avengers: Disassembled

The Incredible Hulks - Dark Son, Part One of Six

mistercharlie

The man who laughs is awesome. Next you need to read The Killing Joke, if you don't already have it. Also there's a book by Brian Azzerello called simply Joker that is bad ass.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 10, 2012, 04:43:24 AM
The man who laughs is awesome. Next you need to read The Killing Joke, if you don't already have it. Also there's a book by Brian Azzerello called simply Joker that is bad ass.

Yes on all three counts.

qop24

Considering calling these guys to schedule a visit to their warehouse when I go to Denver in August:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/

I just found out that they have smaller stores in the area for more recent issues but warehouse visits are by appt. which makes sense I guess given how massive it is. The trick is going to be not having half of my travel expenses tied up in Batman comics, but I just have so many gaps in the 70's...
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

rowjimmy

Joss Whedon coming back to TV for Marvel S.H.I.E.L.D. series

http://blastr.com/2012/08/joss-whedon-coming-back-t.php

QuoteAvengers and Firefly fans, rejoice! Joss Whedon is coming back to the small screen, and he's bringing the Marvel universe with him.
ABC and Marvel have confirmed that Whedon is developing a TV series spinoff from The Avengers, based around the top-secret Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division (S.H.I.E.L.D.) organization that recently brought Earth's Mightiest Heroes together on the big screen.

The series will technically be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, though Variety reports the storylines will be mostly "autonomous" from upcoming sequels such as Avengers 2 and Iron Man 3. That means it's unlikely that big-screen mainstays like Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow and Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye will be prominently featured on the show—but who's to say they can't pop up from time to time?

Whedon is signed on to co-write the pilot with his brother (and frequent collaborator) Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, and will stay on to help develop the broad strokes. Assuming it's picked up, Jed and Tancharoen would join Jeph Loeb and Jeffrey Bell as executive producers.

If some of those names sound familiar, they should, because virtually everyone Whedon is bringing on board has worked with him on his former TV projects Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

For us, that means all these excellent writers are going to have big budgets and a bigger platform to play with, and with some autonomy from the films, they may get a long leash to really dig in and make this a compelling series.

Hoping to capitalize on the box-office love, ABC is putting the series into production immediately—so hopefully we'll have some more details soon.

Sound off: Do you think the Marvel universe is a good fit for live-action TV?

mistercharlie

Sounds cool. Jeph Loeb is a great writer. I'd probably watch the series.

rowjimmy

And Joss Whedon makes things that don't suck so... I'm in.

barnesy305

I'm lazy and I don't feel like finding the Google Doodle thread, but check it out.