News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

AllGood 2011

Started by emay, February 22, 2011, 11:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

leaked early on their fb page...

Furthur
Primus
Pretty Lights
moe.
Umphrey's McGee
Yonder Mtn
Keller
John Butler Trio
Papadisio
Big Gigantic

For anyone that cares

phil

I care. That lineup looks like it's right up my alley. Phish takes precedence but assume there are no scheduling conflicts, I should be making my triumphant return to allgood
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

McGrupp

Quote from: phil on February 22, 2011, 11:48:25 AM
I care. That lineup looks like it's right up my alley. Phish takes precedence but assume there are no scheduling conflicts, I should be making my triumphant return to allgood

Furthur, Primus, Yonder = all wins.

Why the fuck is papadosio so popular all of a sudden?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

phil

^^because "Papadosio" is fun to say.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

zimbra

Quote from: phil on February 22, 2011, 11:50:16 AM

To be honest, I'm not familiar with them.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

McGrupp

Quote from: zimbra on February 22, 2011, 12:00:07 PM
Quote from: phil on February 22, 2011, 11:50:16 AM

To be honest, I'm not familiar with them.

I'm not sure how long they've been around - I dont know a lot about them either other than tons of kydz are super into them all of a sudden and I think they're pretty young guys.

Might be good players, but if the people/scene I know that digs them is any fair indicator (which it may not be, but probably is), they're just another one of "those bands" that's latching on to the washed-out electro-faux-jammy thing that's so popular right now...

Not to write em off or anything...  :roll:

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Lifeboy

Take out all the electronic bullshit and that's a sick lineup.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

danje

Nice. I'm so in for this. Hopefully they add Lotus.

McGrupp

Quote from: danje on February 22, 2011, 12:51:06 PM
Nice. I'm so in for this. Hopefully they add Lotus.

Is lotus "good" again? They kinda started going downhill in 08/09 and I totally lost interest... didn't their 5th member leave or something?

sophist

Lotus is for the kydz. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

McGrupp

Quote from: sophist on February 22, 2011, 01:03:16 PM
Lotus is for the kydz.

Their show from All Good 07 is SER heat. I still blast that shit on the reg.

They're one of the only electronic-y bands I really respect (other than the new deal) because of their lack of laptops and samples etc... real dudes playing real instruments.

But in 09 they started changing their sound and they got all post-rocky and super guitar heavy and I didn't really dig it...

Haven't seen them in years - how are they sounding nowadays danje?

phil

Quote from: McGrupp on February 22, 2011, 01:06:38 PM
Lotus is for the kydz.

They're one of the only electronic-y bands I really respect (other than the new deal) because of their lack of laptops and samples etc... real dudes playing real instruments.

But in 09 they started changing their sound and they got all post-rocky and super guitar heavy and I didn't really dig it...

Spot on about them being sick in 07. That was a killer year for lotus. In 09 they did some cool stuff (the zelda theme song they played at allgood is one of my ringtones) and I wouldn't be opposed to giving them another chance, but like sophist said, the grungy 15-year-old wooks trying to sell me bumps of mahl are a little off-putting.

The lineup looks like fun. Like G said, furthur, primus, and yonder are the heat. Umphrey's is meh but they still put on a fun show. I don't give a shit about moe and never will. John Butler is pretty decent (more interesting than keller, imo) and my dad's said good things about papadosio so I'll give them a chance but I'm not expecting to be blown away by them.

danje

Last show I saw in 09 was indeed weak, but I've had some seriously great times seeing them in the past so I would still love to see them at Allgood.

McGrupp

Quote from: phil on February 22, 2011, 01:17:19 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on February 22, 2011, 01:06:38 PM
Lotus is for the kydz.

Spot on about them being sick in 07. That was a killer year for lotus. In 09 they did some cool stuff (the zelda theme song they played at allgood is one of my ringtones) and I wouldn't be opposed to giving them another chance, but like sophist said, the grungy 15-year-old wooks trying to sell me bumps of mahl are a little off-putting.

The lineup looks like fun. Like G said, furthur, primus, and yonder are the heat. Umphrey's is meh but they still put on a fun show. I don't give a shit about moe and never will. John Butler is pretty decent (more interesting than keller, imo) and my dad's said good things about papadosio so I'll give them a chance but I'm not expecting to be blown away by them.

lol @ your dad liking papadosio

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment