News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2011 Paug Band March Madness

Started by UncleEbinezer, February 24, 2011, 01:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: goodabouthood on February 25, 2011, 02:22:18 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 25, 2011, 01:13:38 PM
I vote 'no' on da Phish being in the brackets.  How could they not win?  They ARE the greatest band of all time.

Its all about the upsets man! Don't you want to see who might knock them out?

Who would knock them out? I just can't think of a band that the MAJORITY of people here would like more than Phish...
Bring in the dude!

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 25, 2011, 02:48:52 PM
I vote 'no' on da Phish being in the brackets.  How could they not win?  They ARE the greatest band of all time.

Who would knock them out? I just can't think of a band that the MAJORITY of people here would like more than Phish...

Beatles?
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

PIE-GUY

Boombasnap ftw.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 25, 2011, 02:49:50 PM

Beatles?

yeah, Beatles would be the only real contender, but I still think Phish would win. Maybe I'm wrong.... I guess we should let the VOTES decide!

How are bands going to be submitted? Everyone submits a huge list and you tally up the bands?
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 25, 2011, 02:55:27 PM

Beatles?

yeah, Beatles would be the only real contender, but I still think Phish would win. Maybe I'm wrong.... I guess we should let the VOTES decide!

How are bands going to be submitted? Everyone submits a huge list and you tally up the bands?

Exactly.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 25, 2011, 02:55:27 PM

Beatles?

I think there will be some more contention than you might think.  But we'll see.

Yeah, I am thinking if everyone submits their lists to me, I will tally them up.  I'll use the tallys to determine seeds and which region they go to.  I was telling GAH at lunch that I am starting to think that using polls and discussions when we get to the sweet 16 and beyond will be interesting discussion, but for the original bracket just a list of 64 would be good.

I am personnally more interested in the match ups that don't have Phish in them.  For example, what if something like Nirvana v Bob Dylan came up or Akron Family v WSP.  Allmans v Willie Nelson.  I think the matchups elsewhere will be fun. 

Its really like the tourney...rarely does the heavily favored win it all. 

Hicks

It's a slippery slope IMO, ban Phish and then GD becomes the obvious winner, ban GD and then it goes to the Beatles or Radiohead and on and on.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Quote from: Hicks on February 25, 2011, 06:14:39 PM
It's a slippery slope IMO, ban Phish and then GD becomes the obvious winner, ban GD and then it goes to the Beatles or Radiohead and on and on.

I don't like slippery slopes. They can be slippery.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on February 26, 2011, 10:18:07 AM
Quote from: Hicks on February 25, 2011, 06:14:39 PM

I don't like slippery slopes. They can be slippery.

And slopey.

antelope19

When do we get to submit our speardsheets?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

danje

I'd be down for a Phish jam march madness.

gah

Quote from: antelope19 on February 28, 2011, 11:49:03 AM

I already turned in my list of 64....I don't think you have to spreadsheet it. we're just trying to come up with the 64 right now.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on February 28, 2011, 11:49:03 AM

Whenever really.  Just a list will work too, I have yet to come up with some fancy scientific way.

I have started mine already and have 2 submissions, thanks phil and GAH.  It looks really fun already!  Some very interesting bracketology to come.

phuzzyfish12

Sounds like this could get interesting...I'm in.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment