News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2011 Paug Band March Madness

Started by UncleEbinezer, February 24, 2011, 01:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

UncleEbinezer

I will create a poll thread for each matchup.  They will start getting posted this afternoon.  There are 32 first round matchups after all.  :)  I may do 16 today and 16 tomorrow.  We'll see.

I'm glad to see the "Seth Greenberg's" of the world out here pleading their cases.  :)

And yes, I thought TAB was hysterical and a 1 v 16 matchup is even funnier. 

I will get the overall entry list posted this week as well.  For the record only 1 entry was for Black Sabbath.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on March 14, 2011, 09:42:01 AM
BRACKET is up!  I'll be working on the threads for each matchup later today.  Feel free to keep track on your own.

I did my best to do an overall seeding and create the bracket according to that.  #1 overall v #64, #2 overall v #63 etc.  I used a lot of random number generating, asking my wife to pick odd/even, coin flips, etc. for some of the ties.  Probably not perfect, but its pretty close to how the selection committee really works.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

BIG thanks for putting this together and all the work you have put in and will put in for this.  :rockout: :beers: :beerbang: :rawk: :clap:

gah

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on March 14, 2011, 02:31:47 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on March 14, 2011, 09:42:01 AM
BRACKET is up!  I'll be working on the threads for each matchup later today.  Feel free to keep track on your own.

I did my best to do an overall seeding and create the bracket according to that.  #1 overall v #64, #2 overall v #63 etc.  I used a lot of random number generating, asking my wife to pick odd/even, coin flips, etc. for some of the ties.  Probably not perfect, but its pretty close to how the selection committee really works.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

BIG thanks for putting this together and all the work you have put in and will put in for this.  :rockout: :beers: :beerbang: :rawk: :clap:

dude's a total slacker!  :-D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Am I missing where the master list is?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 14, 2011, 03:37:43 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 14, 2011, 03:33:01 PM
Am I missing where the master list is?

Here:
http://week4paug.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17759.0;attach=23046

I'm fixing to add it to the first post.

Thank you sir, pretty surprised that Radiohead only rated a #9 seed.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

cactusfan

how are coltrane and miles 'rock bands'?

sls.stormyrider

1- because they rock

2-our favorite bands are heavily influenced by them

3-I may have missed it, but the title says Paug Band March Madness, without reference to genre

4-Duke Ellington "there's only 2 kinds of music - good music and bad music"
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

This is so much fun!  Thank you for putting this all together, Bobby!

I expect membership to decrease alot after this is all said and done.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

The people are pissed!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on March 14, 2011, 05:24:24 PM

I expect membership to decrease alot after this is all said and done.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

The people are pissed!

Actually, I am thinking kind of the opposite.  The participation next year will increase. 

I was actually expecting much of this and I am thoroughly enjoying the discussions and links to music.  I was really expecting this to be the kind of musical discussion that we hang out here for.

Thanks to all for discussing!  Strawberry Fields and Gamehenge regions to come out this evening after I have a beer!   :beers:

Oh and thanks for blowing my cover!
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

antelope19

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on March 14, 2011, 05:27:31 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on March 14, 2011, 05:24:24 PM

The people are pissed!

Actually, I am thinking kind of the opposite.  The participation next year will increase. 

I was actually expecting much of this and I am thoroughly enjoying the discussions and links to music.  I was really expecting this to be the kind of musical discussion that we hang out here for.

Thanks to all for discussing!  Strawberry Fields and Gamehenge regions to come out this evening after I have a beer!   :beers:

Oh and thanks for blowing my cover!

I wasn't referring to participation.....I meant some people might deactivate their paug accounts if some of these bands are eliminated.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

kellerb

I think the real problem is that there's no teams to really really hate on.  We need some nickelback / creed / backstreet boyz / will smith stuff to root against.

ph92

Quote from: kellerb on March 14, 2011, 06:07:51 PM
I think the real problem is that there's no teams to really really hate on.  We need some nickelback / creed / backstreet boyz / will smith stuff to root against.
Don't forget Kings of Leon and Bieber
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

cactusfan

Quote from: cactusfan on March 14, 2011, 04:40:23 PM
how are coltrane and miles 'rock bands'?

Quote from: slslbs on March 14, 2011, 04:55:17 PM
1- because they rock

2-our favorite bands are heavily influenced by them

3-I may have missed it, but the title says Paug Band March Madness, without reference to genre

4-Duke Ellington "there's only 2 kinds of music - good music and bad music"

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 24, 2011, 01:36:02 PM
So a few weeks ago, I heard some guys on ESPN talking about a "Rock & Roll of all time March Madness."  I thought it might be kind of fun to do. 

i'm not trying to start a fight, it just seems odd to have jazz musicians competing against a bunch of rock bands, especially when it's just those two.

anyhow, cool idea. i will vote!