News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R11/W08 - 6/11/94 - Red Rocks, Morrison CO

Started by McGrupp, February 27, 2011, 04:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

This is the first phish show I really fell in love with (Set I, specifically) and it has a special place in my heart.

Also, I LOVE this source.

QuoteSet 1: Wilson > Chalk Dust Torture, You Enjoy Myself -> Rift, Down with Disease, It's Ice > Tela, Stash

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Run Like an Antelope[1], Fluffhead, Scent of a Mule, Split Open and Melt, The Squirming Coil, Maze, Contact > Frankenstein

Encore: Suzy Greenberg[2]

[1] Odd Couple theme tease.
[2] Frankenstein tease.

Notes: This show marked the breakout of Frankenstein, which hadn't been played since July 26, 1991 (331 shows). Suzy subsequently included a Frankenstein tease. Fluffhead was played after a group of fans had been requesting it since the beginning of the show. Antelope included a tease of the Odd Couple theme.

Lossless
lossy

I'll have the lossy up late tonight or early tomorrow morning... sorry for the delay!

Enjoy!

Submitted Reviews:

1 - Augusten
2 - Pie Guy   (bitched out)
3 - YTown
4 - Mirth
5 - MC Jezroc
6 - WTU
7 - Pnchundi
8 - McGrupp
9 - Sophist
10- Lifeboy
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

n00b!  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

sophist

Can you guys just blow each other already and we call it a day ? 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

phil

Quote from: sophist on February 28, 2011, 11:04:07 PM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: sophist on February 28, 2011, 11:04:07 PM

Seriously... they're like the 'paug's Sal and Richard.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Pholy M. Pia

The lossless torrent is like a navel orange.
Very juicy, no seeds.
:cry:
"Be in your own movie." - Ken Kesey

McGrupp

Holy shit I love this show. This soam is  :-o

Plenty of personal favorite versions within this show for me - dwd, yem, soam. This shit is pure rage all the way through, even though the setlist flow is sort of weird.

Full review to come later...

Quote from: Pholy M. Pia on March 01, 2011, 11:27:05 AM
The lossless torrent is like a navel orange.
Very juicy, no seeds.
:cry:

It looks like there is one person seeding. Unfortunately I can't use bit torrent at home (I use my phone's 3g internet tethered to my computer and torrents are too much for the thing to handle...)

If someone could hop on this that'd be awesome! Otherwise, lossy might have to do...  :|

Pholy M. Pia

Thanks! I did snag the lossy, and holy shit man, Thank You for this pick!!!
"Be in your own movie." - Ken Kesey

pnchundi

So this show is pretty incredible.  Its one of those sweet nights when they linked in early and every song gets better and better.  A+

wilson- great opener
chalkdust- rocking from the start.
yem- just about 100% perfect.  each segment is examined and explored.  mike sounds incredible all night long just popping in the groove.  great jam evolves before drum and pass. even the vocal jam is solid
rift- at breakneck speed.   awesome
dwd- again just straight forward balls to the wall rage
its ice- great ice.  love the wah trey uses during the ice battle. it sets the tone for something really good.  and page sounds amazing
tela- tears of joy.  page shines throughout until trey whips himself into a frenzy at the end
stash- gets dark and evil and super amazing.  several mini peaks until it all just explodes into chaos

2001- short and funky
antelope- badass.  opening two minutes are very playful and then from 2mins in its all trey being jedi.  serious ass kicking, but everyone is so locked into each its just about perfect
fluffhead- where to begin? perfectly played.  i love the follow the leader section with page/trey/mike all a half step (or whatever) behind each other. Simply awesome
Scent- perfect transition.  Mike is on fire, but then again so is fish. and so is page.  i really like the interplay right before the russian waltz.  Sweet little peak before...
Split Open- i mean, this is how you do it.  Dark and evil.  All four are so connected that this takes off from the beginning before exploding into trey maddness.  The note he grabs at 8mins----- bliss
Coil- just what i needed.  trey is tasty early on but page finishes up nicely
maze- really? damn.  Red hot and fast at the beginning.  Page and mike early on but in the end its all trey
contact- okay, reality begins to set in.  Fun version
frankenstein- big bust out.  page kicks ass the entire time

suzy- not the best song but an awesome version with trey going nuts.

I mean, a+.  stellar set list, exception playing, serious blend of rage and jam in every song.  i love this particular sound too, fresh and eager and high energy from everyone.  fish is very active throughout the night yelling during particularly intense moments.  I feel like I heard a few "heys" here and there too.  This is serious top 10 shows of all time contender.

Multibeast12

This is my go to Phish show. Whenever i can't decide what show to listen to i always just rock this. Easily my Favorite It's Ice. The Wah is just perfect.

iamhydroJen

Quote from: McGrupp on February 27, 2011, 09:14:10 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 27, 2011, 06:35:12 PM
n00b!  :wtu:

says the kid who wants me to go to SCI with him...  :roll:

:wtu:

you guys could go see the Stanley Clarke Band & Victor Wooten Band on 3/12 instead of SCI... just sayin...
"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison