News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2011-8/8 Hollywood Bowl- Los Angeles, CA - ROLL CALL

Started by Caravan2001, April 11, 2011, 08:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

So, I am about 75% in on this.  Saw Jethro Tull here in '88...great venue!   Who's with me?!?!?!?!

mbw

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 11, 2011, 08:49:51 PM
So, I am about 75% in on this.  Saw Jethro Tull here in '88...great venue!   Who's with me?!?!?!?!

saw the doors there in '68.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on April 11, 2011, 08:55:04 PM

So does that mean you're coming?

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 11, 2011, 09:47:46 PM

I can't go either, but would *LUV* to see them play at this venue.  Completely jealous of anyone who gets to attend this.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mbw

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 11, 2011, 09:47:46 PM

ha!  i was about 10 years and a few drinks away from that.   :-P

its possible.  i am definitely considering san fran, may just take two weeks off so who knows.

anyone got a few thousand dollars they can lend give me?

Hicks

Saw the Boston Pops there when I was a kid, sick, sick venue.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Superfreakie

I might hit this. I'm really lost right now as to which shows I should hit this summer. The Fest will probably be my east coast phil. Then I'd like to hit the Bowl and Gorge. I'm into this whole "bucket list venues" trip now. Never been to the bowl.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

I'm guessing a good amount of people that are driving from teh Gorge will bail on the Bowl and just stay up north and wait for OLF/Tahoe.....big mistake IMO...

Caravan2001

I also think a lot of Cali peeps will bail on the Gorge since they have such a sweet little in-state run.....

JPhishman

Good chance I'll be in for this. Flights from PDX to LA then to Reno then back home from Sac are surprisingly reasonable right now. Soon as I get my days off cleared I'll book that shit.

:mrgreen:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

Caravan2001

Quote from: JPhishman on April 11, 2011, 11:55:41 PM
Good chance I'll be in for this. Flights from PDX to LA then to Reno then back home from Sac are surprisingly reasonable right now. Soon as I get my days off cleared I'll book that shit.

do it  :beerbang:

You can stay at my airport hotel again!  I'm prolly taking a 6AM back to Portland so I can hit work on Tuesday   :wtu:

cactusfan

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 11, 2011, 11:35:44 PM
I also think a lot of Cali peeps will bail on the Gorge since they have such a sweet little in-state run.....

it's looking like that'll be me. might make the gorge, but it's iffy.

i will absolutely be at the bowl, though. very cool venue. seen a few shows there.

emay

What site do you use to book your flights? I am trying to find some tickets from ATL or Charlotte to LAX then reno, but its lookin around 560-650 for roundtrip.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 12, 2011, 12:18:10 AM

do it  :beerbang:

You can stay at my airport hotel again!  I'm prolly taking a 6AM back to Portland so I can hit work on Tuesday   :wtu:

Hmmm. . .   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 11, 2011, 11:27:04 PM
I might hit this. I'm really lost right now as to which shows I should hit this summer. The Fest will probably be my east coast phil. Then I'd like to hit the Bowl and Gorge. I'm into this whole "bucket list venues" trip now. Never been to the bowl.

pick me up in NEB on ur way out west please
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-