News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

05/31 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by whatapiper, May 31, 2011, 11:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

Phish PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

Set I: Chalkdust Torture, Roggae, PYITE, Moma Dance, Rock and Roll, Sand, Tube, Divided Sky, Character Zero

Set II: After Midnight > Possum, Drowned > Maze, Dirt, Alaska, YEM

Encore: Fire
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mehead

Quote from: whatapiper on May 31, 2011, 11:39:16 PM
Phish PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

Set I: Chalkdust Torture, Roggae, PYITE, Moma Dance, Rock and Roll, Sand, Tube, Divided Sky, Character Zero

Set II: After Midnight > Possum, Drowned > Maze, Dirt, Alaska, YEM

E:  Fire

:wink:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mehead

odd placement for a few tunes - Roggae, R & R, Drowned

didn't participate in the streamage - looking forward to giving Moma > Tube a listen

thechad

I like that they only play seven songs in the second set, hope that I will like actually listening to it.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

mehead

Quote from: thechad on May 31, 2011, 11:46:18 PM
I like that they only play seven songs in the second set, hope that I will like actually listening to it.

WhatstheUse?

I had a blast tonight!  Made it to 2nd row for the second set

Was a big fan of the song placements. Its nice to see R&R in a different spot for once!

I can't wait.for tomorrow!
Bring in the dude!

JPhishman

First set looks cool. Second set looks..... Short?

Tomorrow WILL be the sickness. Due for a nasty Ghost.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

aphineday

I got the opportunity to golf for dirt cheap today, so I did that instead of LST tonight :/ I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. On paper tonight looks like a snoozer, I'll listen. Hope I'm wrong!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

fauxpaxfauxreal

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Multibeast12

whyweigh5.0

I really don't know how someone can look at that setlist and say it's a snoozer :?
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

danje

Wasn't the biggest fan of this show. The abortion of After Midnight and the multiple attempts of abortions in Drowned were painful. There were some promising moments though.

aphineday

Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on June 01, 2011, 01:11:28 AM
I really don't know how someone can look at that setlist and say it's a snoozer :?
Allow me to qualify that statement. On paper it looks like a snoozer IF any previous 3.0 shows are indicative. Do I like most of these songs? Yes. If they were really jammed, would this have potential? Totally. The problem for me lies in that I've seen many of these songs, and heard them all numerous times as performed by the "standard" 3.0. Unless something really drastic happened tonight, I have to assume it's just the same ole' 3.0 machine.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on June 01, 2011, 01:11:28 AM

Probably in a similar way that I look at the setlist and don't know how someone can think it's not.