News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/04 - Blossom Music Ctr - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, June 04, 2011, 11:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

Had to listen to Steam first, and damn it rules!  I can't wait for the 20 minute version! 
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Undermind

Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

roggae

Quote from: G. Augusto on June 05, 2011, 08:04:05 AM
I like Steam...I think the vocally delivery is a little rough.
Could just be that it's new and he's still learning the words or he just slaps together lyrics and sings them awkwardly like most of the other new stuff.
Fun song complete with gimmicky steam effect by Page is sure to please the crowd.

I feel like it totally could have been on SOTG.
Clearly it's all awful.

mattstick

Undermind

aphineday

Quote from: mattstick on June 05, 2011, 09:14:12 AM
Nice Birds, but Possum is unlistenable.
I haven't heard the SBDs yet, but that sucks, it sounded decent through the sharts.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WillBreathes

Quote from: ytowndan on June 05, 2011, 03:09:17 AM
It sounds like Trey was starting to tease Manteca in Sally.  On the LP, it's starts around 0:22 in "Blossom Jam".  Am I crazy, or does anyone else hear this?

Heard this as well.  It seemed like two distinct times.  He was looking at Page at times, none of the other fellas seemed to want to go through with it.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

mbw

i think its pretty cool.  at least they went for something completely different.

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

postjack

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on June 05, 2011, 10:43:17 AM
Nice high energy KDF to open.

then Guyute has some slop, but still enjoyable. Into a nice relaxed FYF right now, with some hot metal-esque soloing by Trey.

I love hearing the crowd singing the lyrics to Fuck Your Face! Definitely was not the case at Charlotte last summer.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

sumodie

Steam is EXCELLENT -finally a new post Joy song to rave about. A true phishy tune!

Undermind

sumodie

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 05, 2011, 10:21:25 AM

i think its pretty cool.  at least they went for something completely different.

The breakdown ending to Possum is SWEET -love the way they move into Steam taboot

VDB

Is this still Wombat?