News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/04 - Blossom Music Ctr - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, June 04, 2011, 11:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

bacchist

Rebuilding...

fauxpaxfauxreal

I'm almost through Guelah Papyrus and so far this first set is 110 percent worthless.

mattstick

No matter how good 3.0 shows, they're not something you're going to listen to outside of 6 months.

G. Augusto

Odd that they opened with KDF and Birds in the second.
Pretty much exactly the same jam/feel.
Anyway....first set is CHOO-CHOO!
I like the Possum, even if it gets pretty sloppy at times.

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on June 05, 2011, 06:21:57 PM

No matter how good 3.0 shows, they're not something you're going to listen to outside of 6 months.

Sad to say, this is mostly true. Shows I was at might get extra play for nostalgia purposes. Particular jams get extra play if they were good. Entire shows? Not much.
Is this still Wombat?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on June 05, 2011, 06:21:57 PM

I still enjoy spinning Asheville '09's first half of set two and MPP '09's 46 Days and the second set of 12/31/10 as well as a couple other "dank nugs" from 3.0 from time to time.

For the most part, you are correct.
Quote from: G. Augusto on June 05, 2011, 06:22:26 PM
Odd that they opened with KDF and Birds in the second.
Pretty much exactly the same jam/feel.
Anyway....first set is CHOO-CHOO!
I like the Possum, even if it gets pretty sloppy at times.

This first set really is worthless.  They should have just ended the first set early and played the Tube>Antelope to start the second set.

bacchist

I still listen to Camden '09 fairly regularly. Nothing else from 3.0 is in the rotation, though... Except for current stuff.
Rebuilding...

McGrupp

Quote from: bacchist on June 05, 2011, 06:31:17 PM
I still listen to Camden '09 fairly regularly. Nothing else from 3.0 is in the rotation, though... Except for current stuff.

still think that sand the most interesting jam of 3.0.

in case anyone forgot my opinion on that one...  :roll:  :lol:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

3.0 highlights get a decent amount of replay from me, but never an entire 3.0 show.
Bring in the dude!

Undermind

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 05, 2011, 06:47:27 PM
3.0 highlights get a decent amount of replay from me, but never an entire 3.0 show.
yeah same here except for a couple of the shows I've been to like Hartford '09, Augusta, and Manchester.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

G. Augusto

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Wow.  That Piper is awesome.  It's so much better than most 3.0 pipers.  Kudos for them not making this one a rocker.  The length is very deceiving.