News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/04 - Blossom Music Ctr - Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, June 04, 2011, 11:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

LOLGumbo.  For what it's worth (not much), this show has already been deleted.

Gumbo72203

I mean, did you actually really listen to it?  There was some actually worthwhile stuff in there.  The Birds solo was good, the Possum was awesome, and the Piper jam had a lot of great moments.  Sally was meh, but even Character Zero was great, and this Slave jam is fucking good, too. 

Its definitely above average man.  I mean, like honestly tho, where do you find flaw with it?  I haven't listened to the first set, btw. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Hicks

In regards to Possum, just because they went off script doesn't mean it was good.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Yes, I actually listened to it.  There's nothing that I want to listen to again, except for maybe the Piper.

Above average compared to what?  3.0?  The average Strange Design show is above average compared to 3.0.

sophist

Faux is on point here, and Hicks as well.  This shit was weak sauce.  Detroit has been the only show I want to relisten to and the only show worthy of discussing.  Everything else has been crap this summer. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

But the Possum was good...     I mean, are you like seriously angry that the band is even still playing?  I wish I could help you enjoy the music simply because we're getting more new Phish, which is a good thing in and of itself. 

I mean, yeah I can point out things that would ruin the stuff but....  theres enough negativity and bullshit in life to where whining about Phish seems to be just sort of worthless.  I mean, my parents got divorced a few months ago, my best friend killed himself a couple months before that, my grandfather died 2 weeks before that happened, and now my dad is already getting married after knowing this woman for like, 5 months.  I'm sure she likes the hundreds of thousands of dollars he pulls in every year, and the tens of thousands of dollars that I'm sure he's blown already on vacations and cruises and plane tickets for the two of them, considering we live in New York and she's in fucking Minnesota and he's moving her out here next month, into my house, and getting rid of our cats because he doesn't want to have to be bothered taking care of them when she gets here, and he didn't even ask me or tell me that he was going to be proposing to her, and just springs it on me like "Oh yeah, you're going to have a new mother.  And new family members.  You'll have a sister now.  They'll be coming into our house." 

So I'm sure as hell going to fucking pick out the good parts of mediocre Phish and focus on that.  I don't know why I'm internet-yelling at you, because I'm not, but I wish you could enjoy Phish dude.  I know, it sucks we get bullshit Ghosts with no whammy loops and no jams anymore, but....  there still is worthwhile things to be had. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mehead

Quote from: sophist on June 07, 2011, 03:15:21 PM
Faux is on point here, and Hicks as well.  This shit was weak sauce.  Detroit has been the only show I want to relisten to and the only show worthy of discussing.  Everything else has been crap this summer.

When you say Detroit, do you mean the DWD and Bowie? Cuz everything else is mehtastic 3.0
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

phil

Quote from: Hicks on June 07, 2011, 03:09:18 PM
In regards to Possum, just because they went off script doesn't mean it was good.

Yeah I tentatively agree with Hicks on this one. I listened to the Possum for the first time this AM. Big time weird and I'm still not entirely sold either way. I think I need a few more listens to reach my final verdict. Part of me digs the weirdness and part of me finds it disjointed and, well, weird.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Itsnotanexperience

it's funny.........so many peepz go back and forth on this band.........after a pretty decent show, don't we all want to believe that they're closer to what they were before?    and when they deliver the 7 minute ghosts and pretty much deliver nearly everything with some kind of meh script, it's the worst.   

I'm with everybody..........i agree on nearly every one of the hater's points b/c they are, for the most part, dead-on, and i agree with fluffers b/c the truth is that they're still way too good to be THAT bad.........

I don't get Trey and what his deal is anymore.    I really thought the 3rd tour after the long layoff would be where we began to see him regain confidence and sophist, you even mentioned that you thought he had been practicing........he does sound better in many ways...........but compared to his playing in even something tame like the solo in the 6/30/00 halley's jam (one of my favs for the record), he's still playing like a nervous child most of the time.

i guess i hate how nearly of 2.0 and 3.0 shows have this vibe of - so are we getting a great show or a meh show?     i mean, these weren't generally heavy topics back in september of 2000.......and yet even then, we generally felt a break was needed by the band......at least the phans i hung out with back then thought so.    And nearly ANY 2000 show compared to nearly any post-2000 show isn't really much of a comparison in general.

3.0 has great stuff as did 2003 and 2004.    But take all the great moments of out 03, 04, 09, 10 and 11, and you have maybe a two week run in 2000.

That's right, i have no point..........I'm confused and that's why I never post much anymore.

peace

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: phil on June 07, 2011, 03:48:47 PM
Quote from: Hicks on June 07, 2011, 03:09:18 PM

Yeah I tentatively agree with Hicks on this one. I listened to the Possum for the first time this AM. Big time weird and I'm still not entirely sold either way. I think I need a few more listens to reach my final verdict. Part of me digs the weirdness and part of me finds it disjointed and, well, weird.

My report is that it's not good and it's not bad.  It's different and was probably fun to see at the show.  I don't really care about listening to it again tho.  This version should be akin to icing on a cake.  Without the cake, it's just frosting.

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 07, 2011, 03:21:28 PM
But the Possum was good...     I mean, are you like seriously angry that the band is even still playing?  I wish I could help you enjoy the music simply because we're getting more new Phish, which is a good thing in and of itself. 

I mean, yeah I can point out things that would ruin the stuff but....  theres enough negativity and bullshit in life to where whining about Phish seems to be just sort of worthless.  I mean, my parents got divorced a few months ago, my best friend killed himself a couple months before that, my grandfather died 2 weeks before that happened, and now my dad is already getting married after knowing this woman for like, 5 months.  I'm sure she likes the hundreds of thousands of dollars he pulls in every year, and the tens of thousands of dollars that I'm sure he's blown already on vacations and cruises and plane tickets for the two of them, considering we live in New York and she's in fucking Minnesota and he's moving her out here next month, into my house, and getting rid of our cats because he doesn't want to have to be bothered taking care of them when she gets here, and he didn't even ask me or tell me that he was going to be proposing to her, and just springs it on me like "Oh yeah, you're going to have a new mother.  And new family members.  You'll have a sister now.  They'll be coming into our house." 

So I'm sure as hell going to fucking pick out the good parts of mediocre Phish and focus on that.  I don't know why I'm internet-yelling at you, because I'm not, but I wish you could enjoy Phish dude.  I know, it sucks we get bullshit Ghosts with no whammy loops and no jams anymore, but....  there still is worthwhile things to be had.

And for what's worth - that sucks about your Dad, man.

:|

JPhishman

I hate to admit it, but I think Trey is just too sharp mentally to get his brain and ego out of the way and be the conduit for the music that he's always believed in. I don't know that's going to change at this point....

:|
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie