News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/11 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by Undermind, June 11, 2011, 11:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 23, 2011, 02:16:40 PM
Quote from: mattstick on June 23, 2011, 01:44:36 PM

I'm confident Mike used to say "check it out".  The first "check this out" I remember was Red Rocks '09.

he says both.  'it' then 'this'
even on junta.

I was about to post the same thing.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mattstick

Fluffhead is just so long, with so much going on, I doubt I really noticed the "it/this".

I'm not really a fan, to be honest.

kellerb

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 23, 2011, 01:55:32 PM
Quote from: Hicks on June 23, 2011, 01:45:53 PM
You thought Trey didn't know about finger tapping?

I'm pretty sure he's heard Van Halen before.

haha yeah I mean, I'm sure he knew about it's existence, but I meant more of like... knowing about it in order to use it during a show sort of thing.  Like, that he didn't realize it was there to be done, or that it was available to him...  that it was something he could do in a song, like using a wah pedal for a solo, for instance, or switching to the neck pickup.

I was talking to a fellow guitar player about tapping, specifically about how we tried to learn "Eruption", and I kind of blew his mind when I said "Yeah, every once in a while I throw some of that in.  If you know the scale, you know what places you can tap".  He was kind of a "classic rock, memorize the solo" guy, but still, if the only tapping you've ever done is memorizing Van Halen and Randy Rhoads solos, you might not realize that they're just the same notes, different hand.

Also,

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 23, 2011, 02:16:40 PM
Quote from: mattstick on June 23, 2011, 01:44:36 PM

I'm confident Mike used to say "check it out".  The first "check this out" I remember was Red Rocks '09.

he says both.  'it' then 'this'
even on junta.

I thought Gumbo never heard him say Anything at all before?