News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 13, 2020, 09:49:57 AM
Quote from: GBL on January 12, 2020, 01:54:26 PM
I ended up watching it, as well, and liked the show.

I definitely thought it would have been fine ended it after season one, but even moreso believe that there should NOT be a season three.

While true that as shows move in to later seasons the characters and storylines evolve, I personally am not looking forward to that with these characters.

Once it moved past the sociopathic arc I am kinda meh

Thing is, it was never about being a psychopath.
It's about trauma and the many ways we suffer from it.
Season two offers a glimpse at the possibility of recovery.
I think that alone warranted the second season.
I agree that they should not do a third and I do not think that they will.

For me, it wasn't actually about whether or not he was a sociopath.  It was more about the tension that the dynamic brought to their relationship.  Also, for me, I just felt that both main characters arc completed nicely during season one.

Either way, was a good show!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on January 13, 2020, 06:03:09 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 13, 2020, 09:49:57 AM
Quote from: GBL on January 12, 2020, 01:54:26 PM
I ended up watching it, as well, and liked the show.

I definitely thought it would have been fine ended it after season one, but even moreso believe that there should NOT be a season three.

While true that as shows move in to later seasons the characters and storylines evolve, I personally am not looking forward to that with these characters.

Once it moved past the sociopathic arc I am kinda meh

Thing is, it was never about being a psychopath.
It's about trauma and the many ways we suffer from it.
Season two offers a glimpse at the possibility of recovery.
I think that alone warranted the second season.
I agree that they should not do a third and I do not think that they will.

I think it is one of the first post-Millenial shows which, apart from the excellent writing, makes it an interesting cultural artifact.

Post Millennial Malaise? 😂
If this is love, I'm never going home..

natronzero

Tiger King, anyone?
We watched the first three episodes last night, and it's one of the most gloriously batshit things I've ever seen.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mehead

Quote from: natronzero on March 27, 2020, 03:45:21 PM
Tiger King, anyone?
We watched the first three episodes last night, and it's one of the most gloriously batshit things I've ever seen.

2 episodes in. Total insanity. Like you said, batshit crazy. Its a brand new train wreck every 5-10 minutes.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Bobafett

Yeah that show is nuts.   Everyone in it is as crazy as a shithouse rat.

I'm stoked that ozark season 3 is out now.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

anthrax

never heard of that show until 2 days ago and i must have heard about it 10 different times!  i can't get away from it!

watched Yesterday...uh...yesterday.  not too shabby.  kinda sappy, but an interesting idea.

ytowndan

Might have to check that out. 

I watched Maron's new special last night.  I'm not sure when it came out, but it has 2020 for the release year so it's gotta be pretty newish.  Definitely recommend it. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

justjezmund

I there are any hooligans in here you need to check out "the English game". Dramatization done well about the old FA cup and all the working mans teams before you could Ben payed to play soccer. Pretty rad.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: justjezmund on March 29, 2020, 11:26:17 PM
I there are any hooligans in here you need to check out "the English game". Dramatization done well about the old FA cup and all the working mans teams before you could Ben payed to play soccer. Pretty rad.

It's not bad, but the soccer scenes suck. One of my friends is a sports historian and he was very annoyed to put it mildly.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on March 27, 2020, 04:21:24 PM
Might have to check that out. 

I watched Maron's new special last night.  I'm not sure when it came out, but it has 2020 for the release year so it's gotta be pretty newish.  Definitely recommend it.

Maron's special came out at the beginning of March.

ytowndan

Season 3 of Ozark is bananas!   :crazy:

I don't really binge watch these days, but I can't stop after one with this show. 

ytowndan

Quote from: ytowndan on March 30, 2020, 02:23:47 PM
Season 3 of Ozark is bananas!   :crazy:

I don't really binge watch these days, but I can't stop after one with this show.

That was pretty damn phenomenal.  Definitely worth ten hours of your quarantine time!   

Buffalo Budd

Alright, I finally started this Ozark series everyone's been going on about.
2 ep in and I'm intrigued.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Started watching Tiger King today. Holy fucking shit, total freak show. Guess I am hooked.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

pcr3

Quote from: mopper_smurf on April 16, 2020, 11:28:08 AM
Started watching Tiger King today. Holy fucking shit, total freak show. Guess I am hooked.

Enjoy!  Every time you think the crazy has plateaued, it goes next level. 'Murica!
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3