News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Waves FTA Bethel Tech Rehearsal......thanks K.Shapiro....now the ???'s.

Started by Superfreakie, July 01, 2011, 02:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Figured this might need it's own thread.

DOWNLOAD HERE:  http://www.mediafire.com/?fia82vvavmzphjr

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on July 01, 2011, 01:31:56 AM
This version of Waves raises more questions than it answers.

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mistercharlie

Thanks! I'm throwing this and the closing jam from yesterdays soundcheck on my iopd for today's commute. I can't wait to hear the rest of the FTA from last night.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

khalpin

I love where they get to at about 19 minutes in, with Fishman on the woodblock.  Just delicious.

rowjimmy

Pissed.

It's like, why have a party and keep your good drugs in the back, hidden?
Answer: Because you don't want to share the goods with your guests.

WTF?

UncleEbinezer

I don't really know what to say just yet other than this is pretty good stuff right here. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

runawayjimbo

Actually, I think it along with the 2 jams from the soundcheck yesterday answer a lot of questions. They can still play with creativity and originality and Trey does feel safe inside a jam, but only when no one's watching. There's no pressure. You can hear how much looser they are. Maybe playing a festival to 1/3 capacity will help them reconnect.

As for the jam, it starts out with some typical 3.0 stuff, even A Love Supreme-like theme at one point. But they push past it and find some truly glorious space. It's kinda reassuring because I really thought they simply could not play like this anymore. But it's also a little depressing because I'm pretty sure Sophist is gonna win his 15+ min bet this weekend.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sophist

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 01, 2011, 10:25:51 AM
Actually, I think it along with the 2 jams from the soundcheck yesterday answer a lot of questions. They can still play with creativity and originality and Trey does feel safe inside a jam, but only when no one's watching. There's no pressure. You can hear how much looser they are. Maybe playing a festival to 1/3 capacity will help them reconnect.

As for the jam, it starts out with some typical 3.0 stuff, even A Love Supreme-like theme at one point. But they push past it and find some truly glorious space. It's kinda reassuring because I really thought they simply could not play like this anymore. But it's also a little depressing because I'm pretty sure Sophist is gonna win his 15+ min bet this weekend.
My thoughts exactly. 

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: sophist on July 01, 2011, 10:30:32 AM

My thoughts exactly.

You'd like to lose the bet, though... right?

I think Jimbo is fairly on point but I'm definitely displeased with the fact that they don't try to do this in front of an audience.
It wouldn't be called "taking a risk" if it always went perfectly. You have to be willing to step out the door. Hearing them actually lock up and jam like that proves that they CAN and makes clear that they CHOOSE NOT TO DO SO.

:x

sophist

Losing the bet would mean at least some progress in my opinion.  Especially if they sound anything like that Waves jam.   I really like the Detroit DWD, but I don't expect to see or hear anything like it for a really long time.  So losing this bet would possibly mean the frequency of longer jams is increasing, which is a great thing in my book. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 01, 2011, 10:34:14 AM
Quote from: sophist on July 01, 2011, 10:30:32 AM

My thoughts exactly.

You'd like to lose the bet, though... right?

I think Jimbo is fairly on point but I'm definitely displeased with the fact that they don't try to do this in front of an audience.
It wouldn't be called "taking a risk" if it always went perfectly. You have to be willing to step out the door. Hearing them actually lock up and jam like that proves that they CAN and makes clear that they CHOOSE NOT TO DO SO.

:x

THIS
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

blatboom

I've been saying that all along. of course they can still jam