News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/01 - Super Ball IX - Watkins Glen, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, July 01, 2011, 11:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

07/01/2011
Super Ball IX
Watkins Glen International
Watkins Glen, NY

Set I:
Possum, Peaches en Regalia, The Moma Dance, Torn and Frayed, NICU, Bathtub Gin, Life on Mars?@,
My Friend My Friend, Wolfman's Brother, Roses are Free, Funky Bitch, Quinn the Eskimo

Set II:
Jam> Crosseyed and Painless -> Chalk Dust Torture, Sand > The Wedge, Mike's Song > Simple*, Bug,
The Horse> Silent In The Morning> Weekapaug Groove, Joy, Character Zero

Encore:
Show of Life

@ Last Time Played 2003-02-15 (175 shows)
* Closing jam included Third Stone From The Sun teases

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

pcr3

Quote from: Undermind on July 01, 2011, 11:58:26 PM
07/01/2011
Super Ball IX
Watkins Glen, NY

Set I:
Possum, Peaches en Regalia, The Moma Dance, Torn and Frayed, NICU, Bathtub Gin, Life on Mars?@,
My Friend My Friend, Wolfman's Brother, Roses are Free, Funky Bitch, Quinn the Eskimo

Set II:
Jam> Crosseyed and Painless -> Chalk Dust Torture, Sand > The Wedge, Mike's Song > Simple*, Bug,

Encore:
Show of Life

come on, you have to have a LTP for "jam".   :-P

only caught the second set on the stream, highlight was simple.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Multibeast12

Cought most the first and second on the stream. seemed pretty solid. Kinda wish i decided to go. Seems like it was a fun show to see. Except Joy killed the second set, and bailed to go on a short bike ride to the store when i heard zero. Show of life encore, i like the song don't really mind missing it through the stream or even if i was there.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Multibeast12 on July 02, 2011, 12:06:07 AM
Cought most the first and second on the stream. seemed pretty solid. Kinda wish i decided to go. Seems like it was a fun show to see. Except Joy killed the second set, and bailed to go on a short bike ride to the store when i heard zero. Show of life encore, i like the song don't really mind missing it through the stream or even if i was there.

I disagree that Joy killed the second set.  Everything after Weekapaug was a "bonus" imo.  Maybe you didn't like Joy and Zero, however, it doesn't negate everything that came before it.

Average 3.0. 

Which means, it was great and fun to be at but doesn't bear thorough scrutiny or repeated listens.

Multibeast12

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on July 02, 2011, 12:10:15 AM
Quote from: Multibeast12 on July 02, 2011, 12:06:07 AM

I disagree that Joy killed the second set.  Everything after Weekapaug was a "bonus" imo.  Maybe you didn't like Joy and Zero, however, it doesn't negate everything that came before it.

Average 3.0. 

Which means, it was great and fun to be at but doesn't bear thorough scrutiny or repeated listens.
Good point, i thought it was gonna end after weekapaug. and it didn't really kill the set, i love zero, thought the beginning sounded botched, i like joy. just knew what was to come so thats why i went to the store. either way, can't wait to give Simple another listen to on my way to boston tomorrow.

ytowndan

Sorry for getting off topic, but I'm not too sure where else to ask.  What is the scheduled start time for set one tomorrow? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

susep

Quote from: Undermind on July 01, 2011, 11:58:26 PM
07/01/2011
Super Ball IX
Watkins Glen, NY

Set I:

Set II:

Encore:
Show of Life

my hl in bold.

barnesy305

Quote from: ytowndan on July 02, 2011, 12:15:10 AM
Sorry for getting off topic, but I'm not too sure where else to ask.  What is the scheduled start time for set one tomorrow?

I believe 3PM.

Caravan2001

Heard the first set up until roses.....really liked what I heard......just caught an ultra dope west coast pacific ocean sunset with the fam, but am  really jonesing not to be there.....

Superfreakie

Nice to see Torn And Frayed in a set again. Thought it might find its way into the rotation, supplant Loving Cup as they both have a somewhat similar groove. (I prefer T&F)
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 02, 2011, 12:44:39 AM
Nice to see Torn And Frayed in a set again. Thought it might find its way into the rotation, supplant Loving Cup as they both have a somewhat similar groove. (I prefer T&F)

So rad...wish they would play Let It Loose though too....

whatapiper

I had Simple going through dinner and liked what I heard, sounded like fish was ready to change tempo and keep the jam going before going fading into Bug.

any reports on turnout for the first night? it will be interesting to see if they sell day passes by Sunday
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

twatts

Hooked up during Sand...  Simple > Bug ruled!!!  But they should have quit after Groove...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

cactusfan

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 02, 2011, 12:54:48 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on July 02, 2011, 12:44:39 AM

So rad...wish they would play Let It Loose though too....

that IS the best song ever, but how do you do it justice without the backup singers?

cactusfan