News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/03 - Super Ball IX - Watkins Glen, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, July 04, 2011, 12:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPhishman

Did someone say.... Jauntee?!  :wtu:

Reba was prob my #3 highlight of the weekend behind the Storage jam and Forbins.

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mistercharlie

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 06, 2011, 04:50:17 PM
I ABS-O-FUCKING-LUTELY love this MOUND! 

:rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:  :rockout:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gundo

Special thanks to those special Paug people for helping me get to Superball. It was nice meeting you all and hopefully we will see each other again in the near future!

Gunnar

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 06, 2011, 02:46:03 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 06, 2011, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: sophist on July 06, 2011, 01:48:44 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 06, 2011, 01:14:32 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 06, 2011, 12:40:46 PM
I'm with Rams here, Tool's cover of No Quarter is Stupendous! Way better than Phish's version.

I just puked in my mouth a little.
I've seen the Indie Ferber, I know whats up.

Tool's not exactly 'indie' more Prog-rock/metal.

I call it "indie".
Yep, I file it indie
garbage can! Hey, yo!

ha! yes.
there's a reason that band is called tool.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: PleasedDog on July 07, 2011, 01:02:06 AM
Special thanks to those special Paug people for helping me get to Superball. It was nice meeting you all and hopefully we will see each other again in the near future!

Gunnar

wird... thanks for sharing a sandwich with me in Geneseo, NY.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

phil

Gunnar

Pound sand, n00b.

am I doing this right?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mistercharlie

Gunnar

So... Who's 'Ham Solo' here? Is this another one of Scotty's n00b buddies? Either way, get bent n00b, welcome to the Paug.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 07, 2011, 12:39:53 PM

Gunnar

So... Who's 'Ham Solo' here? Is this another one of Scotty's n00b buddies? Either way, get bent n00b, welcome to the Paug.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I met him briefly this weekend, but I believe he is a friend of Zimbra
Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: phil on July 07, 2011, 10:30:15 AM

Gunnar

Pound sand, n00b.

am I doing this right?

Imitating aug? Sort of, but not worth the time--no one will ever get it right. Try something puerile and/or scatological. Like this, for instance:

Gunnar

Whatever, junior. Eat shit and stay the fuck out of the RLD.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 07, 2011, 01:34:45 PM
Things I learned today:
1. The definition of "puerile"

hang around sunrise enough and your vocab will definitely improve. Just watch your mouth around his daughter!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 07, 2011, 01:36:48 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 07, 2011, 01:34:45 PM
Things I learned today:
1. The definition of "puerile"

hang around sunrise enough and your vocab will definitely improve. Just watch your mouth around his daughter!
I seriously loved that brunch.  I was freaking out thinking I'd be one to drop some line about anally raping a clown, and dude's dropping f-bombs like Carlin. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

runawayjimbo

With all the heat at the end of the set I almost forgot how much I enjoyed this Destiny. I like how Trey's a little more vocal in the Fenway version, but when Mike switches over to that Boogie On effect he just gets so damn dirty. I loved that they brought this back but since Fenway it steadily became less and less listenable (see Charleston). It's nice to finally hear it proper again.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

aphineday

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 07, 2011, 12:56:19 PM

Gunnar

I think I remember this dude. Welcome to the Paug.
Now get bent.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Gundo

Quote from: aphineday on July 08, 2011, 12:40:56 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 07, 2011, 12:56:19 PM

Gunnar

I think I remember this dude. Welcome to the Paug.
Now get bent.
hahaha thanks for such a warm welcome