News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

21 years ago I popped my Phish cherry! What a show!!!

QuoteHey Mistercharlie,

According to what you entered at Phish.net, today is the 21st anniversary of your first Phish show! To help you reminisce about the 21 long years since walking into Murat Theatre in 1993, we invite you to visit http://phi.sh/930813 for the setlist and download links.

Also on this date, Deer Creek '96 (19 years ago) and '10 (4 years ago (see attached picture)).
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Buffalo Budd

^^^Epic longboard ride down that hill, went for what seemed like 5 km.
Dude lost his shoe off the back of a pickup truck and I grabbed it on the way by and tossed it back to him, lol.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

birdman

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 13, 2014, 11:35:50 AM
Coventry was 10 years ago today.

Still have nightmares about that traffic jam. 34 hrs before we went through the gate. Made the cutoff by less than an hour
Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

Holy shit, I'm just now noticing that that is our car in the center of the pic.  The black Corolla was mine and the blue Civic was the rest of our crew.  We crashed on the side of the road for a couple hrs in the night.  Pretty sure that's me in the yellow shirt sitting in the chair behind the chick.  That's too funny.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

justjezmund

I ended up hiking in helping carry these dudes beer cooler.  They offered beer to me to help carry, but once they realized that I kept drinking their weekend away they split off when i stopped to tie my shoe.  Pretty sure they had maybe half a case left by the time I left.  Suckers. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 13, 2014, 12:23:25 PM
Holy shit, I'm just now noticing that that is our car in the center of the pic.  The black Corolla was mine and the blue Civic was the rest of our crew.  We crashed on the side of the road for a couple hrs in the night.  Pretty sure that's me in the yellow shirt sitting in the chair behind the chick.  That's too funny.

awesome!!!!!

:rawk:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

barnesy305

antelope19

Wow.  Hard to believe it's been 10 years.  I flew into Philly from Little Rock(I was down there for a year long job) after work and met a bunch of friends after that Camden show at the airport.  I was pretty bummed that I couldn't take the time from work to make it up in time for Camden.  Especially after seeing the setlist and hearing about the show, but was still pumped to be out of Arkansas for the first time in months and on my way to see Phish for a few days with friends.  The plan was that I was going to pick up the rental car, drive to the venue, pick up the group, and head up to Vermont.  I didn't have a credit card at this point in my life and was told that it would still be ok to rent a car.  FAIL.  So, getting in touch with everyone was damn near impossible after the show.  We all know what a cluster that can be.  Somehow, we managed to get the group together, they cabbed it over to the airport, and the one person in the group with a credit card rented the car.  We had paid for a mid-size car, but the guy at the counter offered us a Plymouth Aztec or a Chevy Blazer for no additional charge.  We all decided that we were def. going to take the free upgrade given the amount of stuff we had, the extra room would come in handy for the long drive.  But we also decided that none of us could see ourselves ever buying an Aztec, so when would we ever have the chance to drive one again?  At the time, we just thought it was nice to have the extra space, but this obviously proved to be massive given the clusterfuck we were driving into.  We drove through the night to get up there, which also ended up being a great decision because we missed a large portion of the traffic and made the cut by a long shot.  With that said, we still sat in traffic for 24 hours or so.  The person directing traffic told us to "drive as far as we possibly could and we'll figure it out later".  Fuck it, we floored it until we were stopped by the mud.  Because of this, we had plenty of space in the middle of this field to set up camp and were surrounded by beautiful mountains.   We partied so hard on the "ride" in, that we were exhausted for the first show.   What an interesting weekend.  There was so much emotion, anger, passion, etc. by everyone involved.  Band and fans alike.    I am still convinced that if there hadn't been a perfect storm that descended upon us that weekend, it would've been incredible.  Alot of things would've been very different.  The music probably still would've been rough, but Instead, well, everything was such a mess.     

ETA: I forgot this.  On my flight home, the pilot's chair was malfunctioning so we sat on the tarmac in Philly for about an hour and a half with no AC.  I felt really bad for the people sitting next to me on that plane.  I can only imagine how badly I stunk.     :hereitisyousentimentalbastard 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 13, 2014, 11:24:23 AM

QuoteHey Mistercharlie,

According to what you entered at Phish.net, today is the 21st anniversary of your first Phish show! To help you reminisce about the 21 long years since walking into Murat Theatre in 1993, we invite you to visit http://phi.sh/930813 for the setlist and download links.

Also on this date, Deer Creek '96 (19 years ago) and '10 (4 years ago (see attached picture)).

I still can't believe you saw the Murat Gin on your first show.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 13, 2014, 04:47:49 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 13, 2014, 11:24:23 AM

QuoteHey Mistercharlie,

I still can't believe you saw the Murat Gin on your first show.

This, and also, epic picture.
Is this still Wombat?

justjezmund

I loved that mid west run.  So fun.  Anyone still have that pic of scotty breaking kellers chair.  :wtu:
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

kellerb

Quote from: justjezmund on August 14, 2014, 08:46:55 AM
I loved that mid west run.  So fun.  Anyone still have that pic of scotty breaking kellers chair.  :wtu:

WhatstheUse?

haha yes! Good times. Great times.

"I got really high in Telluride, CO" -- That shirt was so funny to me I just had to buy it before I left Telluride.

That summer run, Greek > Telluride > Deer Creek > Jones Beach just may have been the most fun I've had on tour. Epcot!
Bring in the dude!

emay

5 years since this gem

Friday, 08/14/2009   
The Comcast Theatre, Hartford, CT

Soundcheck: "Lamp Post Song"

Set 1: Punch You In the Eye, AC/DC Bag > NICU, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Birds of a Feather, Lawn Boy, Stash, I Didn't Know, Middle of the Road, Character Zero

Set 2: Down with Disease[1] > Wilson > Slave to the Traffic Light, Piper > Water in the Sky, Ghost -> Psycho Killer -> Catapult -> Icculus[2] > You Enjoy Myself

Encore: While My Guitar Gently Weeps

this show was a huge turning point in my phish seeing career and really put a lot of wind in my sails so to speak for the years to come.

also I remember a shooting star going over during that slave and this wook dude turning around and going "that actuall happened right? and im not just really spun?" and we all laughed and were like yeah that def happened man.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard That Darien through Spac run was so much fun.