News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

...I was raging the Nassau coliseum :rockout:

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 03, 2015, 01:24:49 PM
          Besides the island tour obviously, here's a show me and RJ attended 20 yrs ago today in FUNFAX!
had a blast. my last show before going into the hospital. i was pretty out there and the band was smokin'!
Screaming for 'Morning Dew' so loud during the encore for some reason, i swear would have showed up on the audiences  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
got a Pimpers Paradise instead which was
:mrgreen:

The Black Crowes
Patriot Center,
Fairfax VA

She Gave Good Sunflower
High Head Blues
Thick N' Thin
Gone
Title Song
Jam
(>)
My Morning Song
She Talks to Angels
Black Moon Jam
(>)
Black Moon Creeping
Hard to Handle
(Otis Redding cover)
Woke Up This Morning
(B.B. King cover)
Jealous Again
Wiser Time
No Speak No Slave

Encore:
She
(Gram Parsons cover)
Darling of the Underground Press
Pimper's Paradise
(Bob Marley & The Wailers cover)
Remedy

That was a fun show.
20 years, huh? Holy shit.
Buddy of mine taped it...

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 04, 2015, 08:54:39 AM
          Besides the island tour obviously, here's a show me and RJ attended 20 yrs ago today in FUNFAX!
had a blast. my last show before going into the hospital. i was pretty out there and the band was smokin'!
Screaming for 'Morning Dew' so loud during the encore for some reason, i swear would have showed up on the audiences  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

The Black Crowes
Patriot Center,
Fairfax VA

She Gave Good Sunflower
High Head Blues
Thick N' Thin
Gone
Title Song
Jam
(>)
My Morning Song
She Talks to Angels
Black Moon Jam
(>)
Black Moon Creeping
Hard to Handle
(Otis Redding cover)
Woke Up This Morning
(B.B. King cover)
Jealous Again
Wiser Time
No Speak No Slave

Encore:
She
(Gram Parsons cover)
Pimper's Paradise
Remedy

That was a fun show.
i have a great copy of it burned to CD, but no longer on my HD.
95 TBC shows are amazing.
I was thinking the other day that AMorica is one of the last great rock albums in many ways.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 04, 2015, 12:23:11 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 04, 2015, 08:54:39 AM

The Black Crowes
Patriot Center,
Fairfax VA

She Gave Good Sunflower
High Head Blues
Thick N' Thin
Gone
Title Song
Jam
(>)
My Morning Song
She Talks to Angels
Black Moon Jam
(>)
Black Moon Creeping
Hard to Handle
(Otis Redding cover)
Woke Up This Morning
(B.B. King cover)
Jealous Again
Wiser Time
No Speak No Slave

Encore:
She
(Gram Parsons cover)
Pimper's Paradise
Remedy

That was a fun show.
i have a great copy of it burned to CD, but no longer on my HD.
95 TBC shows are amazing.
I was thinking the other day that AMorica is one of the last great rock albums in many ways.

afaik, Chris' tape is the only in circulation so... there you go.

emay

PIE-GUY

20 years ago tonight was the Mud Island Tweezer. What an insane show. Had a great night. It was my first taste of the "phamily" X that I would enjoy just about all summer long. Mud Island is a very cool venue, too. Loved everything about this show. Can't fucking believe that whole tour was twenty years ago! Fuck, I'm old!

Speaking of... Zzyzx had a regular column in the Surrender to the Flow tour rag called "Twenty Years Later" where he discussed the tour that happened twenty years earlier. Well, he stepped down from it and I wrote that column for this summer. Keep an eye out for it.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PGLHAH on June 14, 2015, 11:20:35 AM
20 years ago tonight was the Mud Island Tweezer. What an insane show. Had a great night. It was my first taste of the "phamily" X that I would enjoy just about all summer long. Mud Island is a very cool venue, too. Loved everything about this show. Can't fucking believe that whole tour was twenty years ago! Fuck, I'm old!

Speaking of... Zzyzx had a regular column in the Surrender to the Flow tour rag called "Twenty Years Later" where he discussed the tour that happened twenty years earlier. Well, he stepped down from it and I wrote that column for this summer. Keep an eye out for it.

Recording a podcast this week about that show. What a monster.
This week has a few that I'm looking back upon.

21 years ago today was my first  :syf:. RFK  :rawk: What a day.

birdman

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 14, 2015, 03:49:18 PM

I was at both the mud island show and that RFK show as well. Great memories of both nights.
Paug FTMFW!

barnesy305

Quote from: birdman on June 14, 2015, 04:21:41 PM

I was at both the mud island show and that RFK show as well. Great memories of both nights.

Sorry, Jonathan, that was 24 years ago. I was there too.

birdman

Quote from: barnesy305 on June 14, 2015, 05:53:13 PM

ha. Getting old's a bitch. The 94 Rfk show was on the 16th and 17th of July. I'll bump this thread in a month.

Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

Just finishing up a listen to this epic Tweezer - I love how Trey starts up the Tweezer lick about 20 minutes in and is seems like an already epic Tweezer is drawing to a close when, in fact, they aren't even half-way done! Sofa King great!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

God, damn, I'm old.

Anyway, here's a thing I wrote fourteen years ago about this show that was 24 years ago...

http://rowjimmy.net/?p=1615

jam>

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 15, 2015, 08:51:00 AM

God, damn, I'm old.

Anyway, here's a thing I wrote ten years ago about this show that was 24 years ago...

That's awesome, dude. Hell of a first show taboot.

Mr. Natural

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 15, 2015, 08:51:00 AM

God, damn, I'm old.

Anyway, here's a thing I wrote fourteen years ago about this show that was 24 years ago...

After reading your story again, I can't remember if I've told you how the Shakedown got its name -
Actually, it was Emmerich's [hand-me-down, family] station wagon that was the original Shakedown. His sister was a 'Head backNtheday - I think she went to a few of the early 80s Hampton shows, since they lived in VA Beach back then. Anyway, she put this sticker on one of the rear windows of their family car. For years, we didn't know exactly what it was. Once we got into  :syf: in middle school, one of us got the Shakedown Street album and "whoa!" look what we found on the back cover.

... So once we turned 16 and began driving old family station wagons, we called his car the ShakedownMobile. However, Jamey's handmedownstationwagon wound up seeing a lot more action - more epic nights, more people in & out of it,  :smoke:, booty action, etc. We even beat Emmerich's car in a race late one night when we pulled up next to him (across the double-yellow) and I yelled out my window that shit was on. After this race, and conceitedly deciding Jamey's car was cooler, we started calling Jamey's stationwagon The Shakedown. Mainly to piss Emmerich off with a gesture of bold-faced disrespect. I mean, Jamey's car didn't have any GD stickers on it. But we kept calling it that, and from that point on, Emmerich's car was just "Emmerich's car."
Teenagers can be such jerks to their friends sometimes.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

rowjimmy

Ha!
I do remember Emmerich's wagon.
Jamey's was cooler.