News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Igbo

22 years ago today, my first show:

Saturday, 07/17/1993
The Filene Center at Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA

Soundcheck: Jump Monk tease, Shaggy Dog, Nellie Kane, Leprechaun, The Mango Song (x2), Funky Bitch (x2), Punch You in the Eye, Blues Jam

Set 1: The Landlady > Runaway Jim, Sample in a Jar, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Stash, Reba, Chalk Dust Torture, The Horse[1] > Silent in the Morning > The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > David Bowie

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Tweezer, The Squirming Coil, It's Ice, Sparkle > Big Ball Jam > Mike's Song > Leprechaun > Weekapaug Groove[2] -> Hold Your Head Up -> Faht[3], Rift, Good Times Bad Times

Encore: Amazing Grace, Daniel Saw the Stone > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Trey on acoustic guitar.
[2] Unfinished.
[3] Fish on acoustic guitar.

PIE-GUY

Faht!  Nice. That has to be the longest existing gap in your stats.

Happy Phishiversary!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Igbo

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 17, 2015, 09:50:50 AM
Faht!  Nice. That has to be the longest existing gap in your stats.

Happy Phishiversary!

That, plus Leprechaun, and Landlady all from that show are the longest gaps

PIE-GUY

I saw one leprechaun that summer, too. I wish they'd bring that shit back. What a great tune.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

barnesy305

Poor Wolf Trap never knew what hit it.

mattstick

Missed this by 3 days, but 15 years ago the darkest, baddest, most menacing storm cloud of all-time rolled over the lot at Polaris, dumped rain on the once-awesome now a slum Polaris Amphitheatre and resulted in a pretty weird show.

Friday, 07/14/2000   
Polaris Amphitheater, Columbus, OH

Set 1: Sample in a Jar, Punch You In the Eye > Timber (Jerry), Gotta Jibboo > Boogie On Reggae Woman, Stash, Bouncing Around the Room, Foam, Dog Faced Boy, Farmhouse, Taste, Golgi Apparatus

Set 2: Mike's Song > Frankie Says > David Bowie, Waste, Sand > The Lizards, Weekapaug Groove
Encore: The Inlaw Josie Wales, Driver, Guyute

Noteworthy Jams: Timber (Jerry), Foam, Mike's Song (highly recommended)

Notes: After Sample, the show was stopped for 26 minutes due to a major thunderstorm.

jam>

Quote from: mattstick on July 17, 2015, 11:47:45 AM

Missed this by 3 days, but 15 years ago the darkest, baddest, most menacing storm cloud of all-time rolled over the lot at Polaris, dumped rain on the once-awesome now a slum Polaris Amphitheatre and resulted in a pretty weird show.

Friday, 07/14/2000   
Polaris Amphitheater, Columbus, OH

Set 1: Sample in a Jar, Punch You In the Eye > Timber (Jerry), Gotta Jibboo > Boogie On Reggae Woman, Stash, Bouncing Around the Room, Foam, Dog Faced Boy, Farmhouse, Taste, Golgi Apparatus

Set 2: Mike's Song > Frankie Says > David Bowie, Waste, Sand > The Lizards, Weekapaug Groove
Encore: The Inlaw Josie Wales, Driver, Guyute

Noteworthy Jams: Timber (Jerry), Foam, Mike's Song (highly recommended)

Notes: After Sample, the show was stopped for 26 minutes due to a major thunderstorm.

I was glad to be under the shed for that storm. I should relisten to this. The next night's DWD>While My Guitar... is always what sticks out in my mind from this run. Well, that and the Moby Dick night of Deer Creek.

rowjimmy

That cloud just screams, "get in the cellar"

mattstick

Quote from: jam> on July 17, 2015, 12:04:41 PM
I was glad to be under the shed for that storm. I should relisten to this. The next night's DWD>While My Guitar... is always what sticks out in my mind from this run. Well, that and the Moby Dick night of Deer Creek.

I just fired it up!

mattstick

Phish 2000 was pretty good at creating a "wall of sound" screaming loops and guitar sound, which is on full display at this show... but you also get jams like the last 5 or 6 minutes of Mike's which is super ambient, lead by Mike and really heady.

rowjimmy

21 years today!

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 08, 2014, 11:46:09 AM
Patriot Center. My first show.

http://rowjimmy.net/?p=1501

Phish
Saturday, 10/08/1994
Patriot Center, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Soundcheck: It's Ice, Mound, Funky Bitch
Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Horn > Sparkle > Down with Disease, Guyute, Fee > It's Ice, Lawn Boy > Run Like an Antelope
Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Sample in a Jar, Rift > Mike's Song -> Simple -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Fluffhead > Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Suzy Greenberg
Encore: Foreplay/Long Time, Rocky Top

Also, six years ago tonight, Caravan & I met for beers and went to see Old Crow in Seattle.

phil

Dude, your Phish career is old enough to drink. Buy that abstract entity a beer!
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

jam>

rowjimmy

Quote from: jam> on October 08, 2015, 09:23:00 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 08, 2015, 08:42:51 AM
21 years today!

Was this the poster for the event??

It was a flyer handed out by fans as I walked into the Pat Center.
That's a scan of my copy which I still possess.