News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

That was a great night. Mike white for the win.
Paug FTMFW!

mehead

21 yrs ago, my face was melting underneath those wooden bleachers in this old barn.......

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Superfreakie

Did Bangor>Amherst>Syracuse...........and survived to tell the tale.  :wtu:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Nedstruzz

Quote from: mehead on November 02, 2015, 02:56:03 PM
21 yrs ago, my face was melting underneath those wooden bleachers in this old barn.......

That's awesome.  I drove by the old Bangor Aud this summer while back in Maine.  Definitely looked different.

I have so many fond memories of this show.  Trey was dive bombing Page with his guitar during Tweezer.  Shooting at him like a fighter pilot.  It was awesome. 

rowjimmy

6 years ago tonight:
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 25, 2009, 11:54:13 PM
11/25/09
Wachovia Center
Philadelphia, PA

Set I:

Kill Devil Falls, 46 Days, Sugar Shack, Halley's Comet > The Divided Sky, Sleep Again, Ocelot, Train Song, Wilson, Run Like An Antelope

Set II:

Birds of a Feather, Farmhouse, Tweezer, You Enjoy Myself, Esther, Time Turns Elastic, Tweezer Reprise

Encore:

Oh! Sweet Nuthin'

This pic is spinning around FB today but I thought I'd bring it back home to commemorate the show on the 'Paug.

Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on November 26, 2009, 09:41:53 PM
well, that pic I took from across the arena didn't come out.  It looked good on that little screen on the camera but of course it was really blurry when full sized.  Oh well

and aug just may be a ghost.  Everyone in this shot is focused but him :?

Someone on FB made almost the same comment that RR did:
Quote from: redrum on November 27, 2009, 10:01:30 AM
i like how EVERYONE else is sitting down.
did u guys just stand up just for the pic, or were u the only ones standing the entire setbreak?  :-D

best reply:
Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on November 27, 2009, 11:58:33 AM
sitting is for the weak and feeble.  And naps during TTE

next best reply:
Quote from: G. Augusto on November 27, 2009, 04:36:08 PM
Quote from: redrum on November 27, 2009, 10:01:30 AM
i like how EVERYONE else is sitting down.
did u guys just stand up just for the pic, or were u the only ones standing the entire setbreak?  :-D

Chris was having trouble with the house lights being on again.
This was during TTE.

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 27, 2009, 05:48:26 PM
Can't be during TTE cuz  :tte: is looking wide awake....

Another observer noted:
Quote from: VA $l!m on November 27, 2009, 04:12:29 PM
hey RJ, i thought Barnsey was with ya'll... did he end up making it?

Quote from: blatboom on November 27, 2009, 04:18:19 PM
he was there, he just dipped out at setbreak to find some friends in another section.

Asked & Answered.

How was the show? All I remember was the encore. I enjoyed the hell out of that.
Let's check the official record:

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on November 26, 2009, 12:11:46 AM
What's the word RJ?
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 26, 2009, 12:15:34 AM
That didn't suck.

Bullshit answer. Why do you guys put up with shit like that?

Quote from: VDB on November 26, 2009, 12:55:25 AM
Text reports from a friend:

"Fantastic cept for the encore" (Guess he's not an OSN fan.)

and

"Tweezer jam is killin it"

I hope you've fired that friend for his first comment. Completely unacceptable. Shit like that will get you blocked on FB.

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 26, 2009, 01:16:58 AM

TTE is the worst song ever and I have a story to go with that.

Tonight during the Live Setlist Thread I'm watching the stream, headphones on and Dagny's sitting on the couch next to me watching Man vs. Food. Phish start playing TTE and I go "Ugyuck".
She says "Did you just go 'ugyuck'? Aren't you listening to Phish? I've never heard you go 'ugyuck' at Phish."
"It's Time Turns Elastic," I reply, "the worst song ever, Phish has written some bad songs before but they're usualy only 4-5 minutes long. This turd lasts 20 minutes!"
"Why do they play it if it's so bad?" she asks.
"Beats the shit outta me." was the only answer I could come up with.

This guy^^^ He gets it.

And this guy was there... Remember willa?
Quote from: williaa on November 26, 2009, 02:19:47 AM
Well, if they didn't play the show they did yesterday, this show would hold up pretty well on its own.  However, it will always be the neglected little brother after that beast of a show last night.

Birds jam was great, got pretty "out there" for a while but (as has been the case with most of the jams) right as it got real interesting, they went back into it and finished the song.  Thought there could have been just about ANY song played instead of TTE and this show would've stood out that much more.  Don't sleep on it.

YEM, including a lengthy vocal jam, was also a highlight as was the Antelope close to set 1.  Mike was on point as usual.

Its been fun, can't wait this again soon (rest of this tour and NYE are out of the question but hopefully there are some dates before summer tour).

Shoreline helps out:
Quote from: shoreline99 on November 26, 2009, 09:33:20 AM
Cribbed this from RJ's facebook. Blatboom got TTE'd. Again.  :tte:

[Edit] - lightened up RJ's photo

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 26, 2009, 10:14:30 AM
In his defense, he only LOOKED as if he was sleeping.
I'm pretty sure he was fighting back tears of rage over the selection of TTE.

Quote from: blatboom on November 26, 2009, 12:30:40 PM

:-D thanks RJ.  yeah I was awake hating every minute of that shitty fucking song.  Wachovia Center does have plush seats so that's nice.

Ahhh.. the internets.

Ok. Let's focus on what those in the pic posted.

Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on November 26, 2009, 10:58:10 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 26, 2009, 12:00:53 AM
Glad to see they played Sleep Again, I dig that song.

this girl behind me talked through the entire song.  I was so very close to just freaking the f out on her... especially when she continued her story on through antelope

As for the show.  I thought that the first set just had this weird flow to it.  Not sure if I liked it or if I didn't like it.  It just didn't feel normal (if that makes sense).  Loved the second set :raw:

also I kind of wish that after they play a tweezer its a lock that they will play tweprise.  Yeah, I love the tweprise but does it have to be played every time they play tweezer :?

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 26, 2009, 11:33:01 AM

That's the way it works.
Generally.

I'm just glad the closed the set with it rather than leave us with an inevitable encore of Tweezer Rep.

Overall, I really loved the show.
KDf, 46 Days rawked it up solid.
Sugar Slack... meh
Halley's was going really well but they abruptly slammed into
Divided Sky. This was stellar, in my completely subjective, biased by being there opinion.
Electric Sleep Again was cool.
Ocelot had a great rockin' ending.
Train Song was cool
Wilson was heavy with a heavy metal bass solo from Gordo (killa!)
Antelope was way hot with nice little solo callouts for Page and Mike.

Birds ripped
Farmhouse was cool
Tweezer was another big rock jam (Camden fans, take note)
YEM was solid with more heavy Gordo, ftw. Page broke a Piano string in this and the tech came to swap it out after the tramps.
Esther was cool. 15 years of shows and I didn't see it and now, two shows in a row.
TTE... The end is cool.
TWeezRep was a nice wrap up. intense Kuroda.

Oh! Sweet Nuthin is a fabulous encore...

Quote from: blatboom on November 26, 2009, 12:30:40 PM
had a great time despite the beat looking setlist.  I seem to remember Ocelot kicking ass and I loved the Tweezer and Wilson.  the > out of Halley's into Divided was really weird.

Quote from: justjezmund on November 26, 2009, 01:01:50 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 26, 2009, 11:33:01 AM
Tweezer was another big rock jam (Camden fans, take note)
YEM was solid with more heavy Gordo, ftw. Page broke a Piano string in this and the tech came to swap
i was kinda thinking the same thing about the tweezer, that is if your talking about some awesome repetitions coming from trey.  and yea im kinda glad the string broke, it caused pages work to pan out a little longer which did not suck

Quote from: justjezmund on November 26, 2009, 01:52:18 PM
mike just straight kills it at the end of birds :crazy:

After that, the post-show review thread basically nosedives.

Long day, long night.
Great time.

PIE-GUY

1. RJ is the king.
2. I miss WW.

And not in that order.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Less paug crew content but... 20 years ago tonight, a few of us were in Hampton for Phish's first show at the Coliseum.

Saturday, 11/25/1995   
Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA

Soundcheck: Funky Bitch, Dog Log

Set 1: Poor Heart > A Day in the Life > David Bowie, Billy Breathes > Taste That Surrounds, Bouncing Around the Room > Rift, Wolfman's Brother > Runaway Jim

Set 2: Timber (Jerry) > Kung, Mike's Song -> Rotation Jam -> Mike's Song, My Long Journey Home, I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome, Strange Design > Weekapaug Groove, Harry Hood, Hello My Baby, Poor Heart

Encore: Poor Heart Reprise, Fire

Teases:
· Nellie Kane tease in Runaway Jim

Noteworthy Jams: Timber (Jerry), Mike's Song, Mike's Song

Notes: The first set Poor Heart was the original version and the second set Poor Heart was the slow, shuffle version. The Poor Heart Reprise to start the encore was even slower, but only a few lines of the song were played. Runaway Jim contained a Nellie Kane tease from Mike. This Kung was performed differently than most; it was sung in a hymn-like fashion somewhat akin to Yerushalayim Shel Zahav. The jam out of Mike's Song featured the first known Rotation Jam, which also included a segment where each band member was playing one of Page's keyboards (although it was not Keyboard Army). My Long Journey Home and I'm Blue I'm Lonesome were performed acoustic; the latter featured a mandolin solo from Fish. The soundcheck's Funky Bitch was the slow version and contained Poor Heart lyrics.

This show was pretty damned good, imo. It was cold out there but hot inside.

Igbo

Miss those bluegrass tunes. Need more of those.

blatboom

LOL there's the blatnap pic. look how comfy I look  :angel:

thanks for the bump RJ, good times

emay

Ah I remember that philly show, I enjoyed it immensely was on the floor for most of it and went to find some friends in the upper sections during TTE

love a OSN encore

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on November 25, 2015, 09:19:17 AM
Miss those bluegrass tunes. Need more of those.

Seriously.
I'd love to here a Long Journey Home again.

August

Also caught 11-25-98 in Albany which sucked, but it was Thanksgiving Eve and I rekindled with an ex-girlfriend during the second set.
Gave her a ride home to LI after the show coupled with post-e Road Head.
Pretty cool show.