News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

21 years ago today, I had to leave work as I couldn't keep it together. I was 18 and Jerry consumed my life at that time. I'd guess they occupied about 90% of my listening at that time and I felt like that world had ended.
RIP big guy.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

August

20 years ago I was just chillin' at Hershey Park getting my FAYCE MELTED!
This would be the perfect LP release. Has it all.

WhatstheUse?

Nice. Such a killer show. Probably my favorite of the year along with that Omaha Fall show.

But Hershey -- This first set is so good. So much energy and great song selection/flow.
Bring in the dude!

August

mbw

We went to the Ball in a couple groups of friends.
My group decided to not go to Hershey and leave a day later for some reason.  Great call.

Er, now that i think of it we didnt leave a day later but we just drove straight to vermont and hung out in Burlington for a day.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

August

Quote from: mbw on August 14, 2016, 12:20:07 PM
My group decided to not go to Hershey and leave a day later for some reason.  Great call.

Er, now that i think of it we didnt leave a day later but we just drove straight to vermont and hung out in Burlington for a day.

Are you saying that you regret not going to Hershey or that you preferred having time to chill after CB?
I'm very confused!

mbw

Quote from: August on August 14, 2016, 03:10:13 PM
Quote from: mbw on August 14, 2016, 12:20:07 PM

Are you saying that you regret not going to Hershey or that you preferred having time to chill after CB?
I'm very confused!

Regret not going to hershey.  We chilled before cb.  The great call part was sarcasm.  Sorry for my confusing, and all together unnecessary post.

August

gainesvillegreen

Hershey was one ticket my crew couldn't get....but, I did, and had a wonderful show.
It should be a release, so many songs, and so many played so well, remember watching Page play that outro on Gumbo and thinking people should not be in Plattsburgh already...

That summer, the tour crescendo'ed with each night  being better than the last, perhaps Alpine better than the  first night of Deer Creek, perhaps, that it was silly to miss any of it, given the brevity.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Marmar

Was up real close for that one.....

Got busted the day after (today, 20 years ago) on our way to the Ball.....luckily we got busted by "cool" cops and they let us go after they took my 1/4lb. Funniest sight ever, seeing 3 NYS Troopers and a Sheriff pushing my VW to pop start it after writing my tickets....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

emay

Quote from: Marmar on August 15, 2016, 10:34:39 AM

Got busted the day after (today, 20 years ago) on our way to the Ball.....luckily we got busted by "cool" cops and they let us go after they took my 1/4lb. Funniest sight ever, seeing 3 NYS Troopers and a Sheriff pushing my VW to pop start it after writing my tickets....

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard thats pretty funny and extremely lucky! 1/4 lb back in 96 and just let you go!? :clap:

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Marmar on August 15, 2016, 10:34:39 AM

Same thing happened to me in 2007 on the way to an Aerosmith show at a roadblock (minus the getting busted part).
One of my friends had a Ramones shirt on and was so blasted, he was pushing from the front of the van. Cop yells, "yo Ramone, you're pushin da wrong way!"
We had a good chuckle, gotta love chill cops.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Marmar

Yeah...the whole story is one for the ages.

We left Hershey, picked up the 1/4 back in Bingo on our way to the Ball....we re-supplied the VW, and our mind altering supplies and went on our way. We stopped for gas near Howe Caves. I was drinking while driving (stupid I know but hey...) had a half empty Taddy Porter next to me, 2 sheets of acid tucked in a tape case on the floor, and a 1/4lb stashed in the bus. So yeah, we stop for gas so I can fill up the dub and my 2 5gal cans for the trek up north. We leave the gas station and get back on I-88....about 4 minutes into the drive, I see flashing lights behind me and notify my pals we got 6up....then I see another set of lights.....and another.....3 troopers and a county sheriff....we get stopped, I'm freakin because of all the open containers, and the cop walks up to me "you guys forget something back there?" he asks.....I'm like, hmm....I paid for gas, I paid for smokes...."No officer, I didn't forget anything"

He holds up a bag of pot....maybe 2g's in it....."you guys sure?"

I look over at my one buddy.....he's like giving that look like NO.....

I look over to my gal pal, she's like.....NO.

I look at my other buddy.....and his head is hanging in shame. :shakehead:

I'm like....dude.....own up to it (in my head I'm saying this cuz I know what will come next)..... :frustrated:

Silence.

So I turn to the cop and I'm like.....here's my pipe, and my sack of pot (thinking this proof will get me off the hook)....

Silence.

"So nobody is gonna admit this is theirs huh?"...the Trooper states....then it comes "Mind if I search your vehicle?"

So I give the cop the go ahead.....1 hr of sitting on the roadside, while removing EVERYTHING from my bus....found like 7 pipes I forgot about, a bong, they mentioned my taste in beers, I offered them a shot of Jager from the sink (5 gallons of Jager, Ice cold on tap baby!)...They had just finished removing the last thing that wasn't fastened down and were about to let us go when I hear the dreaded words; "well well well boys, what do we have here?"

I look up and see my 1/4lb hanging from the officers hand. My one buddy immediately said "that's mine sir"....

So then the trooper asks...."why didn't you just tell us about it?"

My buddies response was EPIC.

"Well sir, we all just spent close to $1000 each for this trip up to the Phish concerts and....well sir....we didn't want to go to jail"

The officer was holding a 1/4lb up in the air, and just started laughing....."Jail? lol...why do you think you'd go to jail for this?!? this is under an ounce."

:-o

So my buddy and I who admitted to having contraband are getting tickets.....full out arrested....I have an alias in NYS because of this.....back then my nickname was Garfunkle.....so on my arrest report my alias is "Art Garfunkle"....lmao at that one to this day.....

So here we are getting our tickets and everything. my other buds are putting everything back in the van...we get ready to go, and my van won't start. So I asked the 3 cops if they could give me a push. The one younger guy goes over to his car, takes one of the pipes he took from us and hands it back to me and says "you guys gotta be able to have some fun up there this weekend, be safe guys"  :-o :crazy: :banana:

3 Troopers and a Sheriff pushing my VW to pop start it.....we get it started and drive away.

My buddy who got the ticket with me starts laughing his ass off...he's like "DUDE LOOK AT YOUR TICKET"

The charges listed....."Posession of Marijhuana - Violation"

:-o

Needless to say, we had a blast after that.  Except for my one buddy....the one who dropped his bag at the gas station.....he got left at a rest stop up in the Adirondacks and never made it to the show, or home for all I know as that was the last I ever saw of him :samurai:

:phish:

PS- When we went to court.....the cops gave us an incorrect court date. we showed up, the judge had no evidence and just went by what our tickets said....$50 fine, $35 court fees. We got SO lucky.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Marmar on August 15, 2016, 11:37:30 AM
Needless to say, we had a blast after that.  Except for my one buddy....the one who dropped his bag at the gas station.....he got left at a rest stop up in the Adirondacks and never made it to the show, or home for all I know as that was the last I ever saw of him :samurai:

Uhhhhh... You just left the dude?!  :samurai:
Bring in the dude!