News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PGLHAH on October 20, 2016, 10:59:55 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 20, 2016, 10:44:21 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 20, 2016, 09:26:46 PM
Yeah but that was 6 years ago.

Wow.

Phish has been back for almost 8 years.

That's like.... 1993-2000.

If you ponder that fact long enough, you might even start to make comparisons... but... then again.... maybe it's just best to ride the "now" train. CHOO CHOO!!  :wtu:

Coventry was my 80th show... 10/28 will be 160. After that I'll always have seen more 3.0 than 1.0 and 2.0. That's fucked up.

Damn. That is fucked up.
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 20, 2016, 11:50:54 PM

Wow.

If you ponder that fact long enough, you might even start to make comparisons... but... then again.... maybe it's just best to ride the "now" train. CHOO CHOO!!  :wtu:

Coventry was my 80th show... 10/28 will be 160. After that I'll always have seen more 3.0 than 1.0 and 2.0. That's fucked up.

Damn. That is fucked up.

First show was 92...  92-2004 = 12 years.    2004-2016 = 12 years. I'm even-Steven. Perhaps I should quit.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PGLHAH on October 21, 2016, 12:03:58 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 20, 2016, 11:50:54 PM

Wow.

Damn. That is fucked up.

First show was 92...  92-2004 = 12 years.    2004-2016 = 12 years. I'm even-Steven. Perhaps I should quit.

meh. I say you should re-assess in 2028.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Wow.

Almost like the night I saw one more Phish show that I'd seen of the Grateful Dead.
It was weird and part of me didn't want that to ever happen but it's also just self-constructed bullshit that prevents you from enjoying the now.

anthrax

21 years ago today!  mind blown!  never the same!  i have never seen a phish show on this date since...i had tickets for tonight, but had to let them go, so today is for partying and couching.

ASSEMBLY HALL, UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS
Champaign , IL
Soundcheck: Buffalo Bill, The Old Home Place, Dog Log

SET 1: AC/DC Bag, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, The Sloth, Runaway Jim, Weigh > NICU, Fast Enough for You, It's Ice > Poor Heart > Sample in a Jar, I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome[1], Stash

SET 2: Golgi Apparatus, Possum -> Catapult, The Curtain > Tweezer  -> Makisupa Policeman -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Life on Mars?, Uncle Pen, Slave to the Traffic Light > Cavern

ENCORE: Sweet Adeline, The Squirming Coil

[1] Acoustic.
I'm Blue I'm Lonesome was performed acoustic and Stash was preceded by a Simpsons signal. During Adeline the band kept rotating the direction they were facing to sing to the entire crowd.

VA $l!m

meant to post 2 days ago,  20 years ago:  10-25-96 Hampton
drove down with Barnsey and some friends from Rich.
i dig that show by 96 standards.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Nedstruzz

Quote from: anthrax on October 22, 2016, 12:02:58 PM
21 years ago today!  mind blown!  never the same!  i have never seen a phish show on this date since...i had tickets for tonight, but had to let them go, so today is for partying and couching.

ASSEMBLY HALL, UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS
Champaign , IL
Soundcheck: Buffalo Bill, The Old Home Place, Dog Log

SET 1: AC/DC Bag, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, The Sloth, Runaway Jim, Weigh > NICU, Fast Enough for You, It's Ice > Poor Heart > Sample in a Jar, I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome[1], Stash

SET 2: Golgi Apparatus, Possum -> Catapult, The Curtain > Tweezer  -> Makisupa Policeman -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Life on Mars?, Uncle Pen, Slave to the Traffic Light > Cavern

ENCORE: Sweet Adeline, The Squirming Coil

[1] Acoustic.
I'm Blue I'm Lonesome was performed acoustic and Stash was preceded by a Simpsons signal. During Adeline the band kept rotating the direction they were facing to sing to the entire crowd.

Classic Phish.  I received a killer recording of this one from Don Wright a few weeks after the show. 

anthrax

...walking to this show.  we had at least 20 people staying in the apartment that night.  party...

Buffalo Budd

The taper could have benefited from a tripod.  :wink:
That is a fun show though.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

westcider

Quote from: anthrax on November 08, 2016, 08:29:57 PM
...walking to this show.  we had at least 20 people staying in the apartment that night.  party...

that show was my first Phish experience.  that experience was me, a U of I student who had listened to Phish but didn't hear it, walking to the lot to buy kind buds and mushrooms.  (I actually went the next year, my second show, by that time I was no longer a U of I student)  lots of people staying at our my buddy's apartment that night, including some weird people who caused the mushroom thing to go south on me.  the U of I campus was a great place for that sort of thing, especially the cemetery on 4th, but I couldnt leave the apartment.  should have gotten a ticket.

anthrax

VA $l!m

Quote from: anthrax on November 14, 2016, 09:08:46 PM
In Cincinnati!  So lonely!!
gwish i coulda caught that!
i was a huge police fan growin up, and that was prob my fav song.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Marmar

24 years ago was one of the sickest 1.0 tours I was able to catch the majority of....

Tonight would have been an off night for travel after the hometown show in Binghamton.....Keswick would be tomorrow......then the Cap..etc...Fall '92 was some sick shit.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Marmar on November 24, 2016, 03:13:47 PM
24 years ago was one of the sickest 1.0 tours I was able to catch the majority of....

Tonight would have been an off night for travel after the hometown show in Binghamton.....Keswick would be tomorrow......then the Cap..etc...Fall '92 was some sick shit.

Sounds just horrible.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 24, 2016, 08:42:12 PM
Quote from: Marmar on November 24, 2016, 03:13:47 PM

Sounds just horrible.
For real, wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Cause then they would've seen that phire phall tour, and I didn't, cause I was 4 months old. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

That's awesome though. My friend down here and I have already planned a listening party tomorrow night for Keswick because it's his favorite show from 92.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH