News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Ugh. So jealous.  I listened to a portion of this today.....

Is this setlist not.... perfect? Sure, we all might prefer certain songs, even I generally prefer the look of latter 90s sets but coooommmee on! these sets and flow are so mint! Straight up Rift/Lawn Boy goodness first set with Kung/Satin Doll kick downs. Then a second set with all the bangers PLUS the rarities/first timers/segues.  People now would probably hate on the Horse>Silent but F that. Perfectly placed after that Bowie.

Bag encore? Wut!!! I'd flip shit over that nowadays. What a show!
Bring in the dude!

VDB

Happy birthday to the 6/28/00 Holmdel Gin. This thing has spent the past 17 years making my life better. Dig it.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

22 years ago tonight I caught my only Dave's Energy Guide. In fact, it's the only one they've played since I started seeing them.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Augustus

Quote from: this weekend on June 28, 2017, 04:55:06 PM
22 years ago tonight I caught my only Dave's Energy Guide. In fact, it's the only one they've played since I started seeing them.

Listened to that show today.
Wish there were better tapes for these 2 JB shows.

Nedstruzz

Quote from: VDB on June 28, 2017, 04:31:18 PM
Happy birthday to the 6/28/00 Holmdel Gin. This thing has spent the past 17 years making my life better. Dig it.

It's Amazing!

mistercharlie

17 years ago today Phish played one of the shows that I had the best time at...  :beerbang: :phish: :music:

QuoteTUESDAY 07/11/2000
DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville , IN

SET 1: Ya Mar, The Moma Dance, Uncle Pen, Drowned, Chalk Dust Torture Reprise > Chalk Dust Torture, Theme From the Bottom > Cavern

SET 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease -> Moby Dick > Down with Disease > Runaway Jim -> Moby Dick, Back on the Train -> Moby Dick > Back on the Train, Harry Hood > Moby Dick, Hold Your Head Up > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up > Moby Dick[1] > Hold Your Head Up, Character Zero

ENCORE: First Tube > Moby Dick > Chalk Dust Torture Reprise

[1] Trey on drums and Fish on vacuum.

In keeping with the theme of the second set, Hood included a Moby Dick tease. Trey introduced Fish as "Russell Crowe" during Terrapin. The Moby Dick inside of the HYHU jam featured Trey on drums and Fish on vacuum. The Chalk Dust Reprise was akin to the version last played on December 10, 1994 (391 shows), with the band singing the words "Chalk Dust Torture" over varied music. At the end of the encore, Trey joked that, if anyone missed anything, they should read the book or see the movie. Prior to this show, Moby Dick had not been played since November 29, 1997 (172 shows).
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Feeling old today... it's been 25 years now that I've been seein this dumb band. 25 fucking years.

PHISH, SATURDAY 07/11/1992
GARDEN STATE ARTS CENTER
Holmdel , NJ
SET 1: The Landlady, Runaway Jim, Foam, Sparkle, Stash, The Squirming Coil, Cavern > Vacuum Solo > Cavern, You Enjoy Myself, Suzy Greenberg

This show was part of the H.O.R.D.E. tour that also featured Aquarium Rescue Unit, Blues Traveler, The Spin Doctors and Widespread Panic. Several "official" H.O.R.D.E. dancers took the stage during The Landlady to dance with Trey and Mike. Landlady contained an Oye Como Va tease from Trey. During the tramps segment of YEM, an extra tramp and microphone were brought out for John Popper. On his first jump, though, Popper jumped right through the trampoline. Embarrassed, he left the stage.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Bobafett

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 11, 2017, 05:29:44 AM
17 years ago today Phish played one of the shows that I had the best time at...  :beerbang: :phish: :music:

QuoteTUESDAY 07/11/2000
DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville , IN

SET 1: Ya Mar, The Moma Dance, Uncle Pen, Drowned, Chalk Dust Torture Reprise > Chalk Dust Torture, Theme From the Bottom > Cavern

SET 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease -> Moby Dick > Down with Disease > Runaway Jim -> Moby Dick, Back on the Train -> Moby Dick > Back on the Train, Harry Hood > Moby Dick, Hold Your Head Up > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up > Moby Dick[1] > Hold Your Head Up, Character Zero

ENCORE: First Tube > Moby Dick > Chalk Dust Torture Reprise

[1] Trey on drums and Fish on vacuum.

In keeping with the theme of the second set, Hood included a Moby Dick tease. Trey introduced Fish as "Russell Crowe" during Terrapin. The Moby Dick inside of the HYHU jam featured Trey on drums and Fish on vacuum. The Chalk Dust Reprise was akin to the version last played on December 10, 1994 (391 shows), with the band singing the words "Chalk Dust Torture" over varied music. At the end of the encore, Trey joked that, if anyone missed anything, they should read the book or see the movie. Prior to this show, Moby Dick had not been played since November 29, 1997 (172 shows).

My first!   :samurai:
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

birdman

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 11, 2017, 06:49:36 AM
Feeling old today... it's been 25 years now that I've been seein this dumb band. 25 fucking years.

GARDEN STATE ARTS CENTER
Holmdel , NJ
SET 1: The Landlady, Runaway Jim, Foam, Sparkle, Stash, The Squirming Coil, Cavern > Vacuum Solo > Cavern, You Enjoy Myself, Suzy Greenberg

This show was part of the H.O.R.D.E. tour that also featured Aquarium Rescue Unit, Blues Traveler, The Spin Doctors and Widespread Panic. Several "official" H.O.R.D.E. dancers took the stage during The Landlady to dance with Trey and Mike. Landlady contained an Oye Como Va tease from Trey. During the tramps segment of YEM, an extra tramp and microphone were brought out for John Popper. On his first jump, though, Popper jumped right through the trampoline. Embarrassed, he left the stage.

so fucking old. I'll be joining you at 25 years this fall
Paug FTMFW!

sunrisevt

Shit--I think my 25th phishaversary passed without acknowledgment last year...
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Quote from: birdman on July 11, 2017, 08:09:12 AM

GARDEN STATE ARTS CENTER
Holmdel , NJ

This show was part of the H.O.R.D.E. tour that also featured Aquarium Rescue Unit, Blues Traveler, The Spin Doctors and Widespread Panic. Several “official” H.O.R.D.E. dancers took the stage during The Landlady to dance with Trey and Mike. Landlady contained an Oye Como Va tease from Trey. During the tramps segment of YEM, an extra tramp and microphone were brought out for John Popper. On his first jump, though, Popper jumped right through the trampoline. Embarrassed, he left the stage.

so fucking old. I'll be joining you at 25 years this fall

My 25th is just over a year and a month away...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Augustus

24 year Phishiversary!
07/23/93.
Was a great one.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

mistercharlie

mistercharlie

20 years ago today! What a night. This second set is still one of my all-time favorites.

PHISH, SUNDAY 08/10/1997
DEER CREEK MUSIC CENTER
Noblesville , IN
Soundcheck: Dog Log, Paul and Silas, Funky Bitch (slow), She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Star Trek theme jam (Page on Theremin).

SET 1: Bathtub Gin -> Sparkle > Down with Disease > Dirt, Cars Trucks Buses, Billy Breathes, Split Open and Melt , Bye Bye Foot > Ginseng Sullivan, Harry Hood

SET 2: Cities  -> Good Times Bad Times -> Rotation Jam -> Rock A William -> David Bowie

ENCORE: Cavern

The long, involved Rotation Jam to set up Rock A William started when Page went to the theremin for a solo. Soon after, Trey took up the keys and Mike went to play guitar. Page eventually picked up Mike's bass. After they jammed a bit longer, Mike went to join Trey on the keys. Trey then joined Fish on the drums. The two of them played on the same drum set and Mike took a piano solo. Trey eventually kicked Fish off the drum stool, and Fish picked up Trey's guitar. SOAM contained a Third Stone from the Sun tease as well as a Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part Two jam.