News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 08, 2017, 01:53:13 PM
Quote from: anthrax on November 08, 2017, 01:39:39 PM
Quote from: emay on November 08, 2017, 10:15:19 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 07, 2017, 09:46:22 PM
I wish they'd play UIC again.  The crowd was so amped at that venue!
Only if it's on a fall tour.  Wrigley or Northerly are awesome summer stops!

Honestly, I fucking love Northerly.
Same! Great venue. But I also loved UIC that run, of what I can remember of it. That summer was a blur.

I do remember Mr. C bought me a beer on my birthday  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  And they wouldn't stop teasing "stairway"

I honestly just really like Chicago!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mistercharlie

Quote from: ph92 on November 08, 2017, 06:41:29 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 08, 2017, 01:53:13 PM

Honestly, I fucking love Northerly.
Same! Great venue. But I also loved UIC that run, of what I can remember of it. That summer was a blur.

I do remember Mr. C bought me a beer on my birthday  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  And they wouldn't stop teasing "stairway"

I honestly just really like Chicago!

Yep, I remember that. I love contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

Quote from: emay on November 08, 2017, 06:21:58 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 08, 2017, 06:19:36 PM
Quote from: anthrax on November 08, 2017, 06:16:07 PM
Quote from: GBL on November 08, 2017, 04:48:08 PM
Quote from: emay on November 08, 2017, 01:44:59 PM

True, I do remember it being insanely hot in there during that August run.

So. Fucking. Hot.

If I remember correctly, anthrax was shirtless for that first show?  I remember thinking, even though it was balls hot, that it was strange considering it was an indoor venue.

first show?  i think the only time i wore a shirt during that entire run was to walk through security.  it was downright steamy in that place!

The place was a smelly oven on the third night.

Pretty sure lost my voice by the end of the run ARF ARF!

And the legend was born..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

Quote from: GBL on November 09, 2017, 07:42:28 AM
Quote from: emay on November 08, 2017, 06:21:58 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 08, 2017, 06:19:36 PM
Quote from: anthrax on November 08, 2017, 06:16:07 PM
Quote from: GBL on November 08, 2017, 04:48:08 PM
Quote from: emay on November 08, 2017, 01:44:59 PM

True, I do remember it being insanely hot in there during that August run.

So. Fucking. Hot.

If I remember correctly, anthrax was shirtless for that first show?  I remember thinking, even though it was balls hot, that it was strange considering it was an indoor venue.

first show?  i think the only time i wore a shirt during that entire run was to walk through security.  it was downright steamy in that place!

The place was a smelly oven on the third night.

Pretty sure lost my voice by the end of the run ARF ARF!

And the legend was born..

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

VA $l!m

well so since nobody else has mentioned it...yeah, 20 years ago Phish was rapidly destroying AMerica!  :rawk:
i'm trying to listen to the whole tour, probably wont be able to keep pace but i am up to today's show.
i dunno if anyone here was at this show but the 1st night Denver...wow, really musta started to realize this wasn't going to be your ordinary tour during this second set. top shelf.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 16, 2017, 04:05:58 PM
well so since nobody else has mentioned it...yeah, 20 years ago Phish was rapidly destroying AMerica!  :rawk:
i'm trying to listen to the whole tour, probably wont be able to keep pace but i am up to today's show.
i dunno if anyone here was at this show but the 1st night Denver...wow, really musta started to realize this wasn't going to be your ordinary tour during this second set. top shelf.

Jambase is posting tales from every show 20 years later... I'll be following!

Here's today's post:

https://www.jambase.com/article/phish-fall-97-remembering-november-16th-denver
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 16, 2017, 04:15:17 PM

Here's today's post:

That's too much!  I traded tapes with Jon mclennand and he went to Denver with my good tour buddies!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on November 16, 2017, 04:49:57 PM

Here's today's post:

That's too much!  I traded tapes with Jon mclennand and he went to Denver with my good tour buddies!

solid.

VA $l!m

Here's today's post:

:beers: +K
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

anthrax

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 16, 2017, 04:54:04 PM

Here's today's post:

solid.

just texted my buddy who drove jon to denver.  he said his biggest phish regret was not saying for the 2nd night.  had to get back for a test!

birdman

Quote from: anthrax on November 16, 2017, 07:26:53 PM

Here's today's post:

solid.

just texted my buddy who drove jon to denver.  he said his biggest phish regret was not saying for the 2nd night.  had to get back for a test!
dont tell my kids I said this, but how much did that test really matter in the long run?
Paug FTMFW!

anthrax

Quote from: birdman on November 16, 2017, 07:43:27 PM
Quote from: anthrax on November 16, 2017, 07:26:53 PM

Here's today's post:

solid.

dont tell my kids I said this, but how much did that test really matter in the long run?

true.  but there's something to be said for the time in your life that you can rip out a 2,000 mile drive, do a bit of skiing, catch a show, and be back for whatever little responsibility you have at the time. 

i just think it's funny that that's the only other show they caught besides the "home" champaign show.  i mean out of that entire tour, denver was the third farthest possible destination and they only stayed for one night...noobs!

birdman

In 96 we drove to New Orleans from Nashville to see phish play jazz fest. Stayed one nights with pieguys grandmom, saw the show and drove back to school for my psychological anthropology final. Studied all the way down and back. Crushed that test. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on November 16, 2017, 08:42:27 PM
In 96 we drove to New Orleans from Nashville to see phish play jazz fest. Stayed one nights with pieguys grandmom, saw the show and drove back to school for my psychological anthropology final. Studied all the way down and back. Crushed that test. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything

Y'all aren't in this pic because you didn't stay for the next day... but this is from that trip. That's my Granny Becky in the middle.

VDB

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 16, 2017, 09:36:50 PM
Quote from: birdman on November 16, 2017, 08:42:27 PM

Y'all aren't in this pic because you didn't stay for the next day... but this is from that trip. That's my Granny Becky in the middle.

What a bunch of hippies.

That's pretty awesome.
Is this still Wombat?