News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: pcr3 on May 28, 2021, 11:32:30 AM
Quote from: mattstick on May 28, 2021, 10:46:53 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 27, 2021, 06:35:57 PM
Holy shit, Bethel was 10 years ago.

I remember very little from this run - perhaps a slightly jammed out Halleys?

I do remember absolutely loving the venue and all around vibes of that place. Wish they?d go back.

Yeah I remember swerving hard to avoid a deer driving back after the show one of the nights...

"Page's House" in Makisupa, and an extended Runaway Jim intro come to mind if I think about it hard...

I also had to swerve pretty hard to avoid a deer after one of the Bethel shows.

Bethel also was my first attempt to meet up with a pauger IRL.  While I didn't connect with  :wtu: that day, I did catch my first Jauntee show about 2 weeks after Bethel.  The bus came by and I got on....
With Cowboy Caton at the wheel!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

pcr3

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 28, 2021, 03:32:55 PM

I do remember absolutely loving the venue and all around vibes of that place. Wish they?d go back.

Yeah I remember swerving hard to avoid a deer driving back after the show one of the nights...

"Page's House" in Makisupa, and an extended Runaway Jim intro come to mind if I think about it hard...

Bethel also was my first attempt to meet up with a pauger IRL.  While I didn't connect with  :wtu: that day, I did catch my first Jauntee show about 2 weeks after Bethel.  The bus came by and I got on....
Yup, and it ended up going to Nederland.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mistercharlie

Quote from: pcr3 on May 29, 2021, 02:35:45 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 28, 2021, 03:32:55 PM

Yup, and it ended up going to Nederland.

:clap:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sunrisevt

I had a 3-room suite at this "Dirty Dancing"-style, very family-oriented resort near the venue. Justjezmund, my sister and some of her crew stayed there. Scotty crashed w/ us on night 3, after the last show. Good times--the people running that resort had no idea what they were getting into, marketing eagerly to the Phish crowd. Tanks on the front lawn at 3am, some dirty shit. I remember really digging the music but then being mindfucked by the release of that soundcheck "Waves."
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

justjezmund

Quote from: sunrisevt on May 29, 2021, 08:39:02 AM
I had a 3-room suite at this "Dirty Dancing"-style, very family-oriented resort near the venue. Justjezmund, my sister and some of her crew stayed there. Scotty crashed w/ us on night 3, after the last show. Good times--the people running that resort had no idea what they were getting into, marketing eagerly to the Phish crowd. Tanks on the front lawn at 3am, some dirty shit. I remember really digging the music but then being mindfucked by the release of that soundcheck "Waves."

That Saturday night of people spinning tanks in the courtyard is forever burned into my brain. Also that Sunday preshow pool party will forever be in my top ten.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

PIE-GUY

Two great fucking Phish shows I attended on this day in history. Mud Island and Bonnaroo with Bruce Springsteen sit-in.  :banana:

Listening to Mud Island now!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 14, 2021, 12:30:58 PM
Two great fucking Phish shows I attended on this day in history. Mud Island and Bonnaroo with Bruce Springsteen sit-in.  :banana:

I have WhyWeigh's shot of Devil Horn-Trey from that Bonnaroo set hanging in the Batcave.
<-This one here, that I use as my avatar, but the framed one is B&W.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 14, 2021, 01:53:11 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 14, 2021, 12:30:58 PM

I have WhyWeigh's shot of Devil Horn-Trey from that Bonnaroo set hanging in the Batcave.
<-This one here, that I use as my avatar, but the framed one is B&W.

My current desktop wallpaper...

VDB

The Holmdel Gin is old enough to drink today. I was not, that night, which caused a minor problem when the NJ state trooper found our cooler of beers in the back of the car after pulling me over after the show. But it wasn't the bust he was apparently looking for, because in an ecologically irresponsible show of grace he merely had me toss the bottles into some roadside woods and then sent my friend and I on our way. (Have I told this story here before?) We were back in the Arts Center parking lot getting ready for another exceptional concert the next evening, sipping on the beers that had once been hiding in the footwell of the folded-down rear seat of the station wagon and that I certainly was not going to volunteer the location of if I didn't have to.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: VDB on June 28, 2021, 04:14:34 PM
The Holmdel Gin is old enough to drink today. I was not, that night, which caused a minor problem when the NJ state trooper found our cooler of beers in the back of the car after pulling me over after the show. But it wasn't the bust he was apparently looking for, because in an ecologically irresponsible show of grace he merely had me toss the bottles into some roadside woods and then sent my friend and I on our way. (Have I told this story here before?) We were back in the Arts Center parking lot getting ready for another exceptional concert the next evening, sipping on the beers that had once been hiding in the footwell of the folded-down rear seat of the station wagon and that I certainly was not going to volunteer the location of if I didn't have to.

Lol. Good story. Just think..those beers could STILL be in those woods today!

Also, I?ve always referred to that Gin as the ol glory jam -I dont know why, it just feels right.
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Growing up in Jersey means having some sort of epic run-in with the state troopers at GSAC. I mean, it?s their home and they love fucking with underage drinkers. They get off on it. 100%.

For us it was a Steve Miller Band show. They tore our tickets and didn?t let us in cuz we could barely stand up. Then the troopers told us we had to leave the parking lot. If you?re not in the show you?re trespassing. Meanwhile, I?m way too drunk to drive and I?m the only one even old enough to have a license. So, we ?hid? in the car for about two hours. Scared to death. 15 year old girls crying drunk. Absolute shit show.

Still the drunkest I?ve ever driven too. Brutal.

VDB

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 28, 2021, 06:05:39 PM
Quote from: VDB on June 28, 2021, 04:14:34 PM

Lol. Good story. Just think..those beers could STILL be in those woods today!

Also, I?ve always referred to that Gin as the ol glory jam -I dont know why, it just feels right.

Oh, the broken glass and bottle caps may well still be there--dude made me heave them as far as I could. Not good for the animal population probably.  :-(

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 28, 2021, 09:41:21 PM
Growing up in Jersey means having some sort of epic run-in with the state troopers at GSAC. I mean, it?s their home and they love fucking with underage drinkers. They get off on it. 100%.

For us it was a Steve Miller Band show. They tore our tickets and didn?t let us in cuz we could barely stand up. Then the troopers told us we had to leave the parking lot. If you?re not in the show you?re trespassing. Meanwhile, I?m way too drunk to drive and I?m the only one even old enough to have a license. So, we ?hid? in the car for about two hours. Scared to death. 15 year old girls crying drunk. Absolute shit show.

Still the drunkest I?ve ever driven too. Brutal.

Ha! What an ordeal. Hope you drunk teens learned your lesson!
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

26 years ago today I learned the hard way... Never miss a Sunday show.  :cry:

Our crew went to the 7/8 show, but decided to skip the 7/9 show since my mom and a few of her friends had work on Monday. Biggest mistake of our lives.  :syf:

August

Few days late, but don?t sleep on 7/6/94.
Should be an official release.
All time Reba and Tweezer and plenty of energy throughout.

Superfreakie

Quote from: August on July 09, 2021, 07:16:43 PM
Few days late, but don?t sleep on 7/6/94.
Should be an official release.
All time Reba and Tweezer and plenty of energy throughout.

Yep. Had a blast at 7/6, as well as the night before in Ottawa (essentially my hometown show). Caught Pink Floyd in Toronto the night after Phish Montreal. That year's Montreal Jazz fest was smoking too, which fell during these shows before and after. I don't think I've ever seen better music over a two week period than this stretch. At Jazz Fest I caught double bill: John McLaughlin's Free Spirits (Joey DeFrancesco and Dennis Chambers) and then Paco De Lucia - Sunny Ade - Ben Harper and the IC, Bill Frisell Quintet, then late night parties that I've lost recollection of. To be young again.....damnit.     
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.