News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

Nice! I had a similar two weeks with Phish on 7/2, 7/15 & 7/16 and caught Floyd right before that at Yankee Stadium. Did you have the plane crash during Speak to Me as well?

Superfreakie

Quote from: August on July 10, 2021, 05:01:28 PM
Nice! I had a similar two weeks with Phish on 7/2, 7/15 & 7/16 and caught Floyd right before that at Yankee Stadium. Did you have the plane crash during Speak to Me as well?

Plane Crash??? We had the pigs but I don't remember a plane crash. I was out of my mind, religious experience style, but I think I'd remember a plane crash. I know they slightly mixed the setlist at some point, but didn't know the pyrotechnics changed. The only time I've seen a plane crash on stage was for Iron Maiden.

Recollecting some more, I also caught the Stone's Voodoo Lounge tour a couple weeks after in Toronto, and then hit Lollapalooza in TO with the Beasties and Smashing Pumpkins headline cause Kurt Cobain killed himself - after which we then drove through the night to catch the GD at Buckeye Lake and then the Palace in Auburn Hills.

Wow!!! What a July. And to think I'd pretty much forgotten about it. Good times.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

birdman

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 10, 2021, 08:07:54 PM
Quote from: August on July 10, 2021, 05:01:28 PM

Plane Crash??? We had the pigs but I don't remember a plane crash. I was out of my mind, religious experience style, but I think I'd remember a plane crash. I know they slightly mixed the setlist at some point, but didn't know the pyrotechnics changed. The only time I've seen a plane crash on stage was for Iron Maiden.

Recollecting some more, I also caught the Stone's Voodoo Lounge tour a couple weeks after in Toronto, and then hit Lollapalooza in TO with the Beasties and Smashing Pumpkins headline cause Kurt Cobain killed himself - after which we then drove through the night to catch the GD at Buckeye Lake and then the Palace in Auburn Hills.

Wow!!! What a July. And to think I'd pretty much forgotten about it. Good times.
floyd played at Vanderbilt that May. We slept outside and scored VIP seating. I don?t recall a plane crash either, but god damn, Pink fucking Floyd.
Paug FTMFW!

mattstick

I didn't see Phish until 96 but I did see the 7/5/94 Pink Floyd Show at the CNE in Toronto, first of 3 nights there... I watched the following night from a boat in Lake Ontario.

Pink Floyd July 5, 1994
CNE Stadium, Toronto, ON, Canada

Astronomy Domine
Learning to Fly
What Do You Want From Me
On the Turning Away
Take It Back
Coming Back to Life
Sorrow
Keep Talking
One of These Days
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Breathe
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
High Hopes
The Great Gig in the Sky
Wish You Were Here
Us and Them
Money
Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2
Comfortably Numb

Encore:
Hey You
Run Like Hell

PIE-GUY

29 years ago today. My phishaversary. HORDE Tour. GSAC. 1992.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Marmar

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 11, 2021, 08:01:54 AM
29 years ago today. My phishaversary. HORDE Tour. GSAC. 1992.

:rawk:
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on July 11, 2021, 07:31:51 AM

I didn't see Phish until 96 but I did see the 7/5/94 Pink Floyd Show at the CNE in Toronto, first of 3 nights there... I watched the following night from a boat in Lake Ontario.

Pink Floyd July 5, 1994
CNE Stadium, Toronto, ON, Canada

Astronomy Domine
Learning to Fly
What Do You Want From Me
On the Turning Away
Take It Back
Coming Back to Life
Sorrow
Keep Talking
One of These Days
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
Breathe
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
High Hopes
The Great Gig in the Sky
Wish You Were Here
Us and Them
Money
Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2
Comfortably Numb

Encore:
Hey You
Run Like Hell

A huge crew from my graduating class made the trek down to these shows.
I, regrettably, was not among them.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sunrisevt

30 years ago this minute I was seeing Phish for the first time.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

jam>

Quote from: sunrisevt on July 14, 2021, 05:05:46 PM

That's a hell of a first show!

WhatstheUse?

Ill never be as cool as you.
Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 14, 2021, 08:47:41 PM

I thought you passed me years ago.

It was a damn good show, for sure.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

Me neither, no contest.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

emay

Quote from: VDB on July 15, 2021, 11:54:42 AM

Ill never be as cool old as you.

Thats epic sunrise, saw this photo of Trey and Marley from that show on Reddit.

sunrisevt

Quote from: VDB on July 15, 2021, 11:54:42 AM

Ill never be as cool old as you.

Quality edit. And that photo gives me all sorts of feels.