News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/08 - Hollywood Bowl - Los Angeles, CA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 09, 2011, 04:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 09, 2011, 04:53:27 PM
Quote from: redrum on August 09, 2011, 04:41:27 PM
is anyone else wondering if this will be a new tradition? (because hyhu was played)?

instead of fishman "making a fool of himself" by playing the vacuum again & again,
maybe the new older, wiser, more sophisticated fish wants to choose a (more complex?) drum based song for his feature?

I don't know if it was intentional, but I fully support the idea. I am somewhat dubious of a more sophisticated Fish though.

How about back in '97 when he forewent the dress for that slick black suit he wore? That was pretty sophisticated.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

G. Augusto

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

G. Augusto

Sounds like a regular 'ol version.
Miami and Hampton were kinda noteworthy.

susep

weak show by any standard esp. for a debut at the Bowl.  no real highlights to speak of.  I found them jamming in Piper but nothing overly captivating, more run of the mill 3.0 here. 

gah

Listened thru a couple times, and nothing stood out. Not bad necessarily, just nothing to talk about.  :|
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

This show was boring as shit.

I stayed up all night driving 21 hours from the Gorge and then got 3.0'd to hell.  So many repeats and no real highlight jams (C&P was alright)

The venue itself kicked ass but the show was disappointing.  At least I got to see some old friends and had some FUN.  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 13, 2011, 06:24:05 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 13, 2011, 06:05:12 PM

I love it when Scotty goes all 'jaded n00b' on us.  :mrgreen:

Phish is a nostalgia act! CHOO CHOO! Horse-Force! Whale Call! No Jams! No exploration! REPEATS! Second set Caspian'd! Meatstick placement, wtf'd?! Predictability! Show of Life Encore'd! Mike's > JOY > Weekapaug'd!  Phish is the worst!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

:wtu:

Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 13, 2011, 08:00:42 PM

Phish is a nostalgia act! CHOO CHOO! Horse-Force! Whale Call! No Jams! No exploration! REPEATS! Second set Caspian'd! Meatstick placement, wtf'd?! Predictability! Show of Life Encore'd! Mike's > JOY > Weekapaug'd!  Phish is the worst!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

But UIC will rage!  :wtu:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on August 13, 2011, 08:53:41 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 13, 2011, 08:00:42 PM

But UIC will rage!  :wtu:

Yup, can't wait for wednesday!! It sucks that I had to go and spend a week in the tropics so I couldn't afford all three nights.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 14, 2011, 05:41:26 AM
It sucks that I had to go and spend a week in the tropics so I couldn't afford all three nights.

Get you priorities straight! 
Bring in the dude!