News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/15 - UIC Pavilion - Chicago, IL - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, August 16, 2011, 01:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

I didn't mean to start speculation on Trey's drug use, I probably shouldn't have said anything.

FTR, I still think he is clean..... it was just funny that redrum mentioned cocaine and my friends had mentioned the same thing.  I agree, going from sober to doing drugs right on stage seems unlikely.

Quote from: G. Augusto on August 16, 2011, 05:16:56 PM
I like this one!

BOOM!  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

G. Augusto

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 16, 2011, 05:36:20 PM
I like this one!

It's half not bad.

And the first half I've yet to hear.

Not a Scent fan, but this one was OK.
Don't like the Mike tune and the Jimmy Page was badly botched.
Otherwise, I liked it!

kellerb

Quote from: barnesy305 on August 16, 2011, 04:19:38 PM
Maybe he had a bat in the cave.

If I had a bat in the cave onstage, I'd totally walk back to the amp and evict said bat covert-style.  I always feel like people are staring at the bat.

jedifunk

so the general consensus is that this was a pretty sick show.... mmppfff

guess my ears have changed.  granted i've only listened to the sand thus far, but i've already heard enough cringe worthy trey moments to stop listen. 

i plan to solider on, but shit, trey sucks.  he's pulled it together as the jam has gone on, but i honestly don't think he is actually listening to anyone but himself.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ytowndan

Quote from: G. Augusto on August 16, 2011, 05:56:22 PM
I like this one!

It's half not bad.

Otherwise, I liked it!

I thought that Alumni was pretty sweet.  Despite the terrible LTJP.

Just starting set two now.  Digging the show thus far.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mehead

Quote from: G. Augusto on August 16, 2011, 05:56:22 PM
I like this one!

It's half not bad.

Otherwise, I liked it!

just got to this part...holy painful batman  :oops:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

jedifunk

this light isn't any better.  am i missing something here?  did i lose my ear for phish?

i just think the "jams" sound like absolute horse shit.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

mistercharlie

Set II is H34T!!! Earlier I skipped right to the Undermind to listen to it first, but I shouldn't have... The segue from Waves into Undermind is pretty sweet.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

G. Augusto

Quote from: jedifunk on August 16, 2011, 07:05:59 PM
this light isn't any better.  am i missing something here?  did i lose my ear for phish?

i just think the "jams" sound like absolute horse shit.

I like the show.
The "jams" are definitely 3.0.
There hasn't been anything close to the effortless and fresh-sounding connectivity that crushed venue after venue from pre-hiatus.
Haven't heard much else from the rest of this leg (lol) other than the "highlights."

jedifunk

ok, finally!  this waves is actually very entertaining!  can't wait for the undermind
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I agree on both counts. The jams got just loud but when you're there, it's totally the h34t. There wasn't a ton of quality but it was made up in what at least seemed like effort. Its just not as tight. I think slowing down would help. Check out a black eyed Katy and go that speed for a moma dance. It wasn't without highlights at all. The song selection IMO was fantastic and the sets had good flow. I heard a few highlights from fish and gordo threw in some bombs. There was also a chord change at some point that blew me away. Maybe a series of changes. Either way. It's almost time for more.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

yes, this 2nd set has really picked up steam (pun intended) as it has gone on.  this undermind is pretty damn good
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ok, after taking in all of the 2nd, set i stand a bit corrected!

there was a collective amount of time, say 5-10 minutes, worth of absolute shit coming from trey, but otherwise the set was pretty smokin.  luckily the shit came at the beginning of the set (first 2-4 min of the sand jam and the latter part of light).

but after the dirt, the rest just smoked.  waves was very well done, and the band was finally united in jam, and the undermind was $.  loved the bombs mike was dropping just before they went into the mellow "theremin" jam, so silky.

also not usually a fire fan, but it fit, smoked, and was a perfect way to end the set.  well done overall
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio