News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

American Juggalo, ICP Fan Doc

Started by Caravan2001, September 29, 2011, 11:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

PIE-GUY

There should be way more exposed tits on Phish lot. That is my take away.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 29, 2011, 01:24:10 PM

we need undermind to start a petition.

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 29, 2011, 01:24:10 PM

I saw boobs at three Phish shows in 09, a personal best.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

kellerb

Take away most of the face-paint and change the soundtrack, and this could be a documentary about deadheads or phishheads

Superfreakie

It's called tribalism. We all wish to be a part of something that is greater than ourselves, for without such communities life can often be a solitary, brutish and lonely affair. Whether this action is ascribed to sports teams, bands, religions, nations, or even web sites, there is no difference behind the impetus for the expression.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

gah

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 29, 2011, 04:04:59 PM
It's called tribalism. We all wish to be a part of something that is greater than ourselves, for without such communities life can often be a solitary, brutish and lonely affair. Whether this action is ascribed to sports teams, bands, religions, nations, or even web sites, there is no difference behind the impetus for the expression.

I've often thought of the paug as a tribe. As for the remainder of your statement, all lies!

Superfreakie

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 29, 2011, 04:18:43 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on September 29, 2011, 04:04:59 PM

I've often thought of the paug as a tribe. As for the remainder of your statement, all lies!

:evil:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Lifeboy

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 29, 2011, 02:33:15 PM
:shakehead:

Now you know why I called douche bags clowns.

this, among other parts, made me laugh though: "I'll be here all fuckin' day doing the same shit; drinkin' and blowin' stuff up"
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

kellerb

Quote from: Lifeboy on September 29, 2011, 07:49:12 PM

You guys need to watch it again and ignore the background music.

A bunch of crazy people getting all fucked up at a camping festival for one band?  People sitting in lawn chairs doing whippits, juxtaposed with people bringing their kids?  People all claiming that the whole scene is about Family and accepting everything, while demonstrating that the scene is about getting totally fucked-up and being debased in a consequence-free environment?

Musical tastes aside, we're not that different than Juggaloes.  And we're certainly not that different in the eyes of people outside the scenes in question. 

Anyone could come in and make the same documentary about deadheads and phishheads. They could capture the same drug use, insanity, etc, while people are talking about how the scene's about Love and family and respecting other people and being free.  And we'd look just as bad.

Somebody could also make an even-handed documentary about either scene, but really, why waste your time on a documentary when its a thesis.

mistercharlie

The key difference between juggalos and phishheads is the chanting. A crowd of juggalos will chant 'Who's goin' chicken huntin' over and over ad nauseum. While phishheads have honed our chanting skills to a single word "hood", except we have found a way to integrate it into the musical experience.

Also our beverage choices, we've got our Fat Tires and out Sammy Smith's, they've got their Faygo and their "cheapest beer at the store".

As an  aside, I once saw ICP in concert with my buddy (he went through a phase where he liked them), it was back in late '95 and they played here in Indy at an old movie theatre called The Emerson. I was only 14 and thought the music was terrible but the titties everywhere was awesome. And talk about crowd energy! Although I would rather sit through Coventry for the rest of my life than to have to watch the 'best' ICP concert over and over.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

LOL at defending the Phish scene.  It's just as repulsive, if not more disgusting.  At the end of the day, it's all dirty, its just a matter of if the herp or teh crabs are your cup o' tea.  I agree with Keller.  That was my first thought upon seeing that documentary.  Holy shit, they're Phish-heads minus the redic mantras of pseudo hippiedom.  Both camps seem to have many lost souls, and that's just sad to me. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gah

Quote from: kellerb on September 29, 2011, 08:08:59 PM
Quote from: Lifeboy on September 29, 2011, 07:49:12 PM

You guys need to watch it again and ignore the background music.

I DID watch it without the sound on, as I was promised there would be titties. Unfortunately, about a minute in, I decided it wasn't worth it.

jam>

This really good, only slightly dated documentary on the entertainment/culture industry says some interesting stuff about Insane Clown Posse.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cool/