News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Occupy Wall Street

Started by JPhishman, October 06, 2011, 06:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

That's pretty funny, although it may constitute mail fraud.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

gah

Quote from: runawayjimbo on November 03, 2011, 11:58:36 AM

You're returning self addressed and paid for envelopes with no personal information being on there, I don't see how you'd get caught.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

Quote from: goodabouthood on November 03, 2011, 12:38:54 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on November 03, 2011, 11:58:36 AM

You're returning self addressed and paid for envelopes with no personal information being on there, I don't see how you'd get caught.

It's not fraud.
It's returning unsolicited materials to the sender.

Why should I bear the burden of recycling their garbage?

The local, small-town, newspaper sends out a free, ad-funded, weekly, piece of shit to all local postal customers. Living across the street from their main office, I collected several weeks worth by my mail slot then carried them over on a random day off.

I dumped them on the receptionist's desk and said, "I do not want this crap."

I stopped getting that crap.

PIE-GUY

I thought this was worth posting...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

nab

A good reminder that there is a personal responsibility quotient to change.  Rallies and protests are all dramatic and all, but its the little things that really count, and they start at home.   

phil

The Occupy Charlottesville folks have had to deal with trouble from some of the local hobos. They're apparently pissed that their favorite hangout spot has been taken over by the Occupy people, last night a homeless man was caught dumping lighter fluid on one of the tents. He was charged with attempted arson.

I thought hobos were part of the 99%????
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: nab on November 06, 2011, 09:00:34 PM

A good reminder that there is a personal responsibility quotient to change.  Rallies and protests are all dramatic and all, but its the little things that really count, and they start at home.   

Completely. Buying local goods, from local stores keeps 0.70 of every dollar in your community, vs. buying at a big name store in which only 0.43 cents stays in your area. The rest obviously, heads to come far off corporate headquarters.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on November 07, 2011, 10:04:08 AM

Completely. Buying local goods, from local stores keeps 0.70 of every dollar in your community, vs. buying at a big name store in which only 0.43 cents stays in your area. The rest obviously, heads to come far off corporate headquarters.

That other 27 cents doesn't just go to some company's pockets, it just gets sucked out of your area and will be paid through taxes elsewhere.  I'd like to hear your explanation.

I am in total agreement with you on your point of buying local for more reasons than just the tax revenues.  Its responsible on a number of levels that go beyond money.  The environment, neighborly behavior, etc. all play a part as well as the tax revenue.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on November 07, 2011, 03:43:05 PM

That other 27 cents doesn't just go to some company's pockets, it just gets sucked out of your area and will be paid through taxes elsewhere.  I'd like to hear your explanation.

I am in total agreement with you on your point of buying local for more reasons than just the tax revenues.  Its responsible on a number of levels that go beyond money.  The environment, neighborly behavior, etc. all play a part as well as the tax revenue.

I don't get the question. I think we said the same thing, point being, the money doesn't stay in your community.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on November 08, 2011, 12:50:03 PM

I don't get the question. I think we said the same thing, point being, the money doesn't stay in your community.

I was unsure if your stance regarding "The rest obviously, heads to come far off corporate headquarters" was meant as an argument that some fat cats are taking the other 0.27 or if it was more of an argument that 0.27 less stays in your community.  I wasn't trying to start anything, just curious which argument, because I see them a little differently.  I am on the side of 0.27 less stays in the community and that's why you should do it. 

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on November 08, 2011, 01:31:14 PM

I was unsure if your stance regarding "The rest obviously, heads to come far off corporate headquarters" was meant as an argument that some fat cats are taking the other 0.27 or if it was more of an argument that 0.27 less stays in your community.  I wasn't trying to start anything, just curious which argument, because I see them a little differently.  I am on the side of 0.27 less stays in the community and that's why you should do it.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. BTW, VA Beach denied occupiers a permit to set up in Town Center. HA HA! If you have to ask for permission, you're doing it wrong!

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on November 08, 2011, 01:41:12 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on November 08, 2011, 01:31:14 PM

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. BTW, VA Beach denied occupiers a permit to set up in Town Center. HA HA! If you have to ask for permission, you're doing it wrong!

1 - It is easier better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
2 - What a bunch of idiots.  You can't throw a frisbee on the BEACH.  Why would VB allow people to "protest?"  HA! Rookies.

But I just read that article, and its just about tents.  They have an amplified noise permit for a week.  The weather is supposed to be nice all week though so not really a big deal.   

rowjimmy