News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

And for todays mental break, the brilliance of James Booker:

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

JPhishman

Aww snap iclips just released the Dirty Dozen set from the Jamcruise sail away party!! One of my bigtime highlights of jamcruise. What a feeling!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

http://iclips.net/watch/dirtydozenbrassband-jamcruise10-2012-01-09
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

gah

Quote from: JPhishman on March 15, 2012, 03:29:33 PM
Aww snap iclips just released the Dirty Dozen set from the Jamcruise sail away party!! One of my bigtime highlights of jamcruise. What a feeling!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Get the funk outta my face!

My afternoon just got a little dirtier!   :music:

aphineday

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 15, 2012, 04:12:06 PM
Quote from: JPhishman on March 15, 2012, 03:29:33 PM

Get the funk outta my face!

My afternoon just got a little dirtier!   :music:
Sick!! Thanks!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

gah

Official cubes release date: MARCH 27!  :crazy:

aphineday

PIE-GUY

Quote from: aphineday on March 17, 2012, 08:57:52 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on March 17, 2012, 12:31:29 PM
NOOB question: what are cubes?

The cubes are the daily schedule by stage. It's where you start to uncover the old Jazzfest adage: judge your Jazzfest not by what you saw but by what you missed to see what you saw.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

aphineday

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 17, 2012, 09:54:43 PM

The cubes are the daily schedule by stage. It's where you start to uncover the old Jazzfest adage: judge your Jazzfest not by what you saw but by what you missed to see what you saw.
AWESOME. Thanks.

gah

Quote from: aphineday on March 18, 2012, 12:55:12 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 17, 2012, 09:54:43 PM

AWESOME. Thanks.

Also the last day you enjoy your sanity. After that you start to wrack your brain over what to see, who to see, try and plan it all....all for nothing essentially, because you get there and you'll be completely sidetracked everytime you're walking to another stage, whether it be by the sounds of someband you never heard of, or the smells of some food you gotta have!

For todays mental break, watch out for June Yamagishi, dude will fuck your face!

aphineday

Thanks for all the awesome tips and suggestions GAH, sucks I'll miss you. Who will be there weekend 1 again? Be good to meet up with whoever happens to be in town!

gah

Quote from: aphineday on March 19, 2012, 04:57:01 PM
Thanks for all the awesome tips and suggestions GAH, sucks I'll miss you. Who will be there weekend 1 again? Be good to meet up with whoever happens to be in town!

Pretty sure postjack and pieguy will be there first weekend as well, at least for certain days.

Another thing to start checking out is the night grids.

http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/first_weekend/

Soul Rebels at Blue Nile is always a good party, or you can kick it a few doors down at dba with Honey Island Swamp band same night.

Then again you got Rebirth, Dumpstafunk and PGF the same night also, happening over at Howlin Wolf!

Greyboy Allstars late night at One Eyed Jacks, even if it's a tight venue, it'll be a damn good time.

Check out Leroy Jones at Pres Hall. He's the definitive horn player for that venue these days. (Do that early Friday night, get there in time for 8pm set)

OH SHIT! GBA playing Michael Jackson late night at Tips uptown Saturday night! DO IT! And tell us all about it!

aphineday

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 19, 2012, 05:09:57 PM
Quote from: aphineday on March 19, 2012, 04:57:01 PM

Pretty sure postjack and pieguy will be there first weekend as well, at least for certain days.

Another thing to start checking out is the night grids.

http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/first_weekend/

Soul Rebels at Blue Nile is always a good party, or you can kick it a few doors down at dba with Honey Island Swamp band same night.

Then again you got Rebirth, Dumpstafunk and PGF the same night also, happening over at Howlin Wolf!

Greyboy Allstars late night at One Eyed Jacks, even if it's a tight venue, it'll be a damn good time.

Check out Leroy Jones at Pres Hall. He's the definitive horn player for that venue these days. (Do that early Friday night, get there in time for 8pm set)

OH SHIT! GBA playing Michael Jackson late night at Tips uptown Saturday night! DO IT! And tell us all about it!

Good God I'm already completely blown away, and have no idea where to start haha (and they haven't even released the cubes yet).
Thanks so much though man. DEFINITELY doing the GBA plays MJ show.

PIE-GUY

Pretty sure I'll be at that GBA late nite mj show at tips.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 19, 2012, 09:00:25 PM

If I were going to be there first weekend, this is definitely a show I wouldn't want to miss.

aphineday

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 19, 2012, 09:00:25 PM
Nice! I kind or figured you wouldn't be missing that. Should I buy tickets early?