News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on April 01, 2012, 01:39:05 AM
my favorite part of that piece, besides the mind bottling music, is when he came out on stage in a diaper, pulled out a .44 magnum, an told the crowd if someone didnt give him some god damned coke he was gonna blow his brains out.    :-o

Yeah, addiction is a helluva thing.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

possibly a re-post, but here's today's NOLA teaser...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Re post or not, can't ever go wrong with rebirth in the quarter!

Do whatcha wanna!  :music:

PIE-GUY

aphineday

Good news for me today. As you all may have noticed, I happen to be just a little excited about my New Orleans trip.  I have a student that needs to build hours flying, so in January I presented him with the idea of going to NOLA with my friend Tim and I. The deal was that I'd give him free instruction, and let him rent the plane on my discount (saving him upwards of $700 total), and we would get a free ride. He's been pretty excited about it, and text me last week to confirm. We've been purchasing tickets to late night shows, and really getting everything set.
Today he told me he can't go because he has a final on May 3rd and needs to study.
I guess the 3 month notice, and his 6+ text messages from him to confirm plans wasn't enough.
Airfare to New Orleans right now is over $1000 each way, and I can't drive because I have to fly a trip on the 25th, and the 30th.
I just lost Jazzfest.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

gah

Quote from: aphineday on April 04, 2012, 11:39:27 PM
Good news for me today. As you all may have noticed, I happen to be just a little excited about my New Orleans trip.  I have a student that needs to build hours flying, so in January I presented him with the idea of going to NOLA with my friend Tim and I. The deal was that I'd give him free instruction, and let him rent the plane on my discount (saving him upwards of $700 total), and we would get a free ride. He's been pretty excited about it, and text me last week to confirm. We've been purchasing tickets to late night shows, and really getting everything set.
Today he told me he can't go because he has a final on May 3rd and needs to study.
I guess the 3 month notice, and his 6+ text messages from him to confirm plans wasn't enough.
Airfare to New Orleans right now is over $1000 each way, and I can't drive because I have to fly a trip on the 25th, and the 30th.
I just lost Jazzfest.

Whoa man.

WHOA!

I don't even have the words right now. So sorry to hear this.  :-(

PIE-GUY

Quote from: aphineday on April 04, 2012, 11:39:27 PM
I just lost Jazzfest.

I'm confused by your first sentence... sarcasm?

aphineday

Yeah, definitely sarcasm. Sometimes it doesn't translate, but I was so upset I didn't really know what to type.
Also, after reading what I wrote again, the airfare total was wrong. It's 1,000 a piece for round trip tickets, but that's just too rich for my blood.
I appreciate all the thoughts guys, I'm working on alternate plans, but it doesn't look great.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: aphineday on April 05, 2012, 10:28:22 AM
Yeah, definitely sarcasm. Sometimes it doesn't translate, but I was so upset I didn't really know what to type.
Also, after reading what I wrote again, the airfare total was wrong. It's 1,000 a piece for round trip tickets, but that's just too rich for my blood.
I appreciate all the thoughts guys, I'm working on alternate plans, but it doesn't look great.

Have you looked at flying into Baton Rouge, Gulfport, Mobile?

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 05, 2012, 10:32:34 AM

Yeah, I flew into Baton Rouge a couple years ago and then drove. Saved like $400. Get creative!

aphineday

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 05, 2012, 11:27:04 AM

Yeah, I flew into Baton Rouge a couple years ago and then drove. Saved like $400. Get creative!
Hell yes, hadn't even looked at that. I'm on it.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: aphineday on April 05, 2012, 11:41:13 AM

Baton Rouge and Gulfport are both about an hour away. No brainer.

PIE-GUY

postjack

Quote from: aphineday on April 05, 2012, 11:41:13 AM

i doubt it would work out since we aren't leaving for NOLA until Friday night both weekends, and coming home on Sunday evening both weekends, but if somehow it benefited you I would gladly give you a lift from Mobile to NOLA.

your situation sucks so hard, I am sorry.  :-(
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 05, 2012, 06:40:26 PM
Yowsa!!

http://funkit.virose.net/?p=2261

Did I not post this the other day? I certainly watched it. part one you can see me dancing there in the lower center part of the video. Good stuff that blog is.