News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

postjack

We went to catch UM last night at the HOB, so we got there early to hand out for FQF. Man talk about a kick ass time! I'm thinking next year I might sacrifice a weekend of jazzfest for a full FQF weekend. It would be pretty sweet to have a hotel in the quarter, just walk outside and free live music is everywhere around you. We walked down Frenchmen late night and it was BUMPIN.

If NOLA music is your priority, I don't think it gets any simpler then FQF. You don't get the BNA but you can go to other festivals for that.

Umphreys destroyed it as well. I haven't seen much UM but I'm going to continue to follow their career. Excited to be catching them at hangout and bonnaroo.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

aphineday

So, ladies and gentlemen... what is the first thing I need to eat in NOLA? I'm completely NOOB'd to all of this deliciousness.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

postjack

Quote from: aphineday on April 15, 2012, 04:44:31 PM
So, ladies and gentlemen... what is the first thing I need to eat in NOLA? I'm completely NOOB'd to all of this deliciousness.

at the fairgrounds, the cochon de lait poboy, no doubt. everyone will agree with me.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

gah

Quote from: postjack on April 15, 2012, 05:11:17 PM

at the fairgrounds, the cochon de lait poboy, no doubt. everyone will agree with me.

agreed. I'm actually not eating food until then. starting........NOW!

aphineday

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 15, 2012, 06:51:14 PM

agreed. I'm actually not eating food until then. starting........NOW!
LOL It shall be so. Thanks ;)

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: McGrupp on April 16, 2012, 11:13:59 AM

quoted just so I could see the pic one more time... mouth is watering right now!! And, I kinda want some cracklin'!

aphineday

This is horrible. I've never even been to Jazzfest before, and I can't think of anything else at work today but leaving a week from Thursday.
As a sign of awesomeness, I was at a shady pool hall last night, and they had a jukebox.
Mainly classic rock / Nickelback, shitty radio rock etc...
In the back of the stack:

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 16, 2012, 11:34:08 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on April 16, 2012, 11:13:59 AM

quoted just so I could see the pic one more time... mouth is watering right now!! And, I kinda want some cracklin'!

seriously. we're fucking pavlovian dogs with these po boys.....literally. mouth just starts watering thinking about it...and a picture? it's all over.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

don't forget about the Creole Stuffed Bread...

the Jama-Jama, Fried Plaintains, and Poulet Fricassee...

the white chocolate bread pudding...

the Natchitoches meat pie...

the Cracklin'

the Indian Taco...

the Mango Freeze...

and the Coor's Banquet Beer to wash it all down!!!

PIE-GUY

Also, no more Levon Helm or Bunny Wailer...

QuoteThe Ziggy Marley - Wild and Free Tour and the Warren Haynes Band have been added to the schedule for the upcoming New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival presented by Shell.

The Ziggy Marley - Wild and Free Tour will perform on Friday, May 4. The Warren Haynes Band will appear on Saturday, May 5.

Bunny Wailer and Levon Helm, previously scheduled to perform, will not appear at the 2012 Jazz Fest.

For the most up-to-date Jazz Fest information, visit http://www.nojazzfest.com/ or download the official Jazz Fest app.

aphineday

Damn, looks like I've got some delicious work to do!!